• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs (don't do a) Leeds United ***

Interesting to see that we "outran" Leeds.

We sat off them and had to run miles to cover things, makes it even clearer to me that we should push 20 yards higher and engage them properly and put them under pressure so they aren't able to build attacks and make us run so much.

Also: After the game Dawson was saying that this system is ALL about the wingbacks - if they push right up the field the whole team comes with them and it works, if they sit halfway back you end up with 8 defensive players on the field.

Hopefully a few more weeks of fitness training and our players will be capable of 2 intense halves of football again!

Before the game I was afraid.. does that mean he knows we are nowhere near peak fitness etc? If so then I love that he knows there is so much more to come.
We need to build fitness, grind out results through the next few weeks and Christmas and stay in touch.
I really hope they have reinforcements (ready and suited to Conte's methods) lined up for January

Before the game I was afraid.. does that mean he knows we are nowhere near peak fitness etc? If so then I love that he knows there is so much more to come.
We need to build fitness, grind out results through the next few weeks and Christmas and stay in touch.
I really hope they have reinforcements (ready and suited to Conte's methods) lined up for January

The fact that Regulion still was out of breath during his post-match interview, despite being subbed off in 79th minute, just goes to show how much more fitness work our squad needs to get up to the standards Conte must expect.

Along with a creative CM we also desperately need a CF who can hold the ball up and allow our players to get up the field. That man isn't Kane. Too often in the first half the ball just kept coming back to pressurise our defence. Please get two quality players in those positions in January.

Running stats
Spurs 112 km
Leeds 108 km
Only the second time this season Leeds have been outrun. It's a start.

Certainly didn't seem that way in the 1st half, probably means we put the effort in but there was no co-ordination which is how I saw the game. 1st half was as bad as anything else I've seen but 3 points is all that matters. Hopefully start building some confidence and the rest will come.

Along with a creative CM we also desperately need a CF who can hold the ball up and allow our players to get up the field. That man isn't Kane. Too often in the first half the ball just kept coming back to pressurise our defence. Please get two quality players in those positions in January.

I think the Kane comment is unfair, today in the first half he must have thought he was playing for England, hardly a pass worthy of the name and no one near him or breaking from midfield. I thought he looked more up for it. The passing in the first half was terrible from everyone and the midfielders standing on the centrebacks toes didnt help.

I think the Kane comment is unfair, today in the first half he must have thought he was playing for England, hardly a pass worthy of the name and no one near him or breaking from midfield. I thought he looked more up for it. The passing in the first half was terrible from everyone and the midfielders standing on the centrebacks toes didnt help.

Not saying Kane shouldn't be in the team, but his hold up play and positioning means he just isn't leading the line well. Not having a central focal point means we give up possession too easily. The first half had this written all over it. Slightly better in the second half but still no shapeto our attacks.

Back