• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs (don't do a) Leeds United ***

I am clinging to the hope, we dont see that side every week. Romero and Skipp to come back, plus hopefully 2 or 3 January signings
Might get to use the 200m of “talent” that was sitting on the bench today in the coming weeks as well, once he’s happy with their fitness. (Not including Argentina’s Lo Celso or Romero in that 200m number either.)

Dier MOTM.
I really like egos when today
Also thought winks got better as the game went on
Royal had a poor game bu his recent standards
Hojdjberg had an awful first half
Harry and son are trying too hard
Moura is an enigma
Every time it’s either 9/10 play or 2/10 … weird but must be horrible to play against
Davies was very solid again too. It’s suiting him

A few tactical and general thoughts -

1) When we try to play the wingbacks in, we tend to release Emerson on the right a bit more than Reguilon on the left. Understandable because most of the players are right-footed, but it' s a waste - because Reguilon is the better wing-back. More technical, faster, more aggressive on the attack.

2) We still can't/won't press for brick, and it is mystifying to see because you can see the difference in our game when we do. We pressed high for 20m in the second half, and those were our best moments - Leeds looked lost, and we looked like we were swarming them with attempts to get up the field, even if the execution remained clumsy and laboured. Before/after that? Leeds simply outplayed us, evading our slow, lazy challenges with ease and finding spaces even as we stood off and tried to be passive.

3) We really don't get tight to players, at all. Leeds players could get the ball, turn and then run at us - our players had a Leeds shirt on them about a microsecond away at all times, and it showed in all heavy touches, turnovers and running into blind alleys. Understand it's a tactical choice, not convinced it's the right one. The second half saw us go man-to-man, and we immediately improved for it.

4) We are clearly still being told to play it out from the back at all costs. I don't disagree - we need to learn how to keep the ball again, which that c*nt Mourinho and then Nuno absolutely trained out of us.

Finally, Conte - I mentioned earlier that we don't do well with quiet, tactical coaches. Nuno, AVB, Ramos....they might work for clubs with inherent self-belief that just need good tactics to push them over the edge, but with all the trauma we're carrying, they fail every time.

We have done our best, and always have, under more motivational coaches - inspirational, larger-than-life types who can fight against this club's crippling neuroses, unite the weary fans and the often lazy and entitled players, and make us all believe in something.

Poch. Harry. Jol. These are the managers for Spurs.

When I saw Conte turning to the crowd and pumping his arms in the air in the 85th minute, I knew he got it. When he then wasn't satisfied with the response and pumped them up even harder, roaring for them to believe..I knew he *really* got it.

Everything at this club is hard because we' re carrying the trauma of failing at the death. We need a coach to believe in, who is theatrical, charismatic, and a leader of men. I think we've got one, but a long way to go yet.

We need one of Winks and Hojberg to get forward to support the forwards. When attacking we have five players I expect to be in Leeds half - Kane, Son, Moura, Royal, Reguilon. Forwards also need to get in the box. One of Winks and Hojberg have to get forward not in the opponent's box but to provide that fulcrum.

When City scored their third today , I noticed 7 of them in the box. Compared to our ....er...none?

I am clinging to the hope, we dont see that side every week. Romero and Skipp to come back, plus hopefully 2 or 3 January signings
The back 3 isn't a problem, but Romero makes it even better. Not sure we gain much, other than steel/solidity with Skipp in for Winks. Skipp doesn't really add much going forward.

There is no-one behind Son or Kane in the 343. Its played as a genuine 343 with the wider pair playing from wide. It's why we need more rounded and passing capable CMs to fill in the gap. The system replies more so on the wide players to create width and space for the forwards to exploit. A No10 just doesn't fit. It would need to be a 352 to get that player in behind Kane and Son.

Hmmm, ok, I've misunderstood then, haha. Not the first time! :p

Ok today would have built belief and confidence. We have a lot of winnable games coming up. Lets build on this and not start games the same way.

An example - look at the immediate reaction post Dier's free kick. Hojberg, Son, Moura, Kane all static. Only Sergio running from outside the box was on the move. Pure lack of desire from his teammates.
Kane reacted (made a run around the wall) and would have scored if Reggie wasn't there.

Back