• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs (don't do a) Leeds United ***

A 10 is probably the wrong word, but the guy behind Son and Kane in the 3-4-3.
There is no-one behind Son or Kane in the 343. Its played as a genuine 343 with the wider pair playing from wide. It's why we need more rounded and passing capable CMs to fill in the gap. The system replies more so on the wide players to create width and space for the forwards to exploit. A No10 just doesn't fit. It would need to be a 352 to get that player in behind Kane and Son.

I don't know what Conte did or said during the break, but it certainly worked because it was a totally different team in the 2nd half! Guess that is why he is a top manager.
Now we need that 2nd half team to show up for both halves for every remaining game!
100% agreed with your comments about lack of a press first half. I'm thinking Conte looked at the fitness data and knew we couldn't keep the intensity for the 90, particularly against a Leeds that can and went for a sort of tactical game of two halves.

Hmmm. We got away with it against Leeds reserve side. There is a long long way to go before we start thinking about top 4. This squad is still average.
Yup. The fallacy of the fans and the hope and belief that a win creates. These players aren't good enough. They weren't, good they aren't good enough and they won't be good enough. Let's just accept the truth. The side picked today finishes 7th at best.

Game of two halves, but that first half was truly, awe-inspiringly atrocious.

Second half was an about par performance against a depleted Leeds side, but I am deeply worried about the mentality of a side who can play that badly in the first half and needed a royal kick up the ass from one of the best managers in the game to even show up for the second half.

And Antonio, learn the lessons of this - don't play Winks. Ever. You got away with it today, but it will cost you, sooner or later.

Big difference that second half was only Lucas still had the random touch (brilliant or awful)

and Hojdjberg and winks played in front of each other rather than side by side so actually as a pivot

Yup. The fallacy of the fans and the hope and belief that a win creates. These players aren't good enough. They weren't, good they aren't good enough and they won't be good enough. Let's just accept the truth. The side picked today finishes 7th at best.

I am clinging to the hope, we dont see that side every week. Romero and Skipp to come back, plus hopefully 2 or 3 January signings

I mean come on,
I am conservative when it comes to such. We tend to view people with such hairstyles as people who are not fully together mentally back home. Old fashioned and a bit judgemental but this hairstyle of Dele is horrible.
Is it green white and red? Cheeky

Back