• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Mighty Spurs vs (don't do a) Leeds United ***

With the extra training at home, Conte will be tempted to start trying players not involved in the internationals.
(Except for Kane. He needs to start scoring for us.)
However I would expect Dele, Winks, Sanchez, Tanganga etc. to start. Who else is out injured aside from Romero? If Son is carrying a knock I'd rest him against Leeds or have him on the bench.
Also would like to see Hojberg rested just to figure out the impact he brings or what we miss without him.

Really excited about this game, as I assume most are. Romero likely out along with Skipp being suspended are blows. Hopefully Hojbjerg is ready.

Would like to see Ndombele in for Skipp, two weeks on the training ground with Conte, Skipp suspended. But can understand it if it's Winks I guess.

Guess Sanchez is the obvious choice for Romero, most senior available CB and deserves a chance to prove himself under Conte. Think Tanganga should be in with a shout though.

With the extra training at home, Conte will be tempted to start trying players not involved in the internationals.
(Except for Kane. He needs to start scoring for us.)
However I would expect Dele, Winks, Sanchez, Tanganga etc. to start. Who else is out injured aside from Romero? If Son is carrying a knock I'd rest him against Leeds or have him on the bench.
Also would like to see Hojberg rested just to figure out the impact he brings or what we miss without him.

Would imagine having had those two weeks at the training ground with some players will be a factor and as long as they've trained well should make it more likely that some of them get starts.

Don't think Conte is afraid of making some unexpected changes. I would be more than happy to see some surprises in the starting lineup.

Im going corporate for this one with my work but my current ticket (and my bros) hasnt sold on the Spurs ticket exchange. Strange that we cant sell out the ground now so another spare couple of seats going unless they go by Sunday morning.

Strange that we cant sell out the ground now so another spare couple of seats going unless they go by Sunday morning.

lack of tourists due to covid hitting us. Used to get loads of South Koreans visiting for Son, he's a superstar.

Anyway on the game front, i don't know if Tanguy will start, clearly hasn't impressed Conte. Romero will be out for some time i worry, a muscle injury is never good. No doubt he'll be back raring to go by the time the next international break starts...

Im going corporate for this one with my work but my current ticket (and my bros) hasnt sold on the Spurs ticket exchange. Strange that we cant sell out the ground now so another spare couple of seats going unless they go by Sunday morning.
Post it up on the ticket thread we now have

Conte says "For sure Romero is not available, Lo Celso I don’t know. The rest of the team, we have all the players."

Fairly good news. Romero always looked likely to be out and Lo Celso was very unlikely to start anyway.

Every other player available gives Conte some options.

I like Romero, but Dier and Sanchez played well early in the season, it’s not a disaster imo.

Not necessarily a disaster at least. Romero looked well on his way to becoming our best and most consistent defender. We're trying to settle into a new style, forced changes won't help that. Means losing one of our more progressive deep passers too, up against a high pressing team.

All depends on how the replacement does and how wide your definition of disaster is.

Back