• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Seriously?

A mutated Delta variant of Covid-19 is less likely to display any symptoms amid concerns of its increased transmissibility, UK study has found.

https://www.outlookindia.com/websit...ss-likely-to-display-symptoms-uk-study/401467

So a new variant of delta is spreading in the uk. One that is less likely to make you sick. And people are concerned about it? We should be dancing for joy.

That's how viruses evolve - spread better and curtail harm to its hosts. Any virus that kills its hosts has fudged up. It's the natural steps towards taking its place as the world's 5th cold virus.

Passports only atm, considering implementing both, so passports and a negative test.

It might sound a dumb question as I've never done one (my one when I had Covid was supervised), but is getting a negative unsupervised test as easy as putting the cotton bud thing anywhere but in your mouth?

It might sound a dumb question as I've never done one (my one when I had Covid was supervised), but is getting a negative unsupervised test as easy as putting the cotton bud thing anywhere but in your mouth?

Technically there is nothing to check that you have actually taken one (for the LFT). Just report that you've taken one and that it's negative.

Yes, it's that simple. I don't know if it needs something on there to trigger the activator, but licking the tip (insert joke here) would probably do it.

That's how viruses evolve - spread better and curtail harm to its hosts. Any virus that kills its hosts has fudged up. It's the natural steps towards taking its place as the world's 5th cold virus.

Hope so. But measels, flu even chicken pox can still be fatal. We've had them for generations.

Limited effect on what though? Germanys deaths are 4 times higher than france at the moment.

There are so many factors at work but one thing we do know is the vaccines work at reducing serious illness and deaths. So you want as many people vaccinated as possible. This will also mean you are less likely to have to go into lockdown again.

At the moment is key, in France they are now over 20K cases per day. I think it was SAGE who said earlier in the year that many measures are temporarily effective but just delay the cases to a later date rather than prevent them which can admittedly be good if delayed say in winter till spring when there's less flu and other stuff about and more hospital capacity but that's not the case here. I wouldn't be surprised to see French cases surge in next few weeks.

At the moment is key, in France they are now over 20K cases per day. I think it was SAGE who said earlier in the year that many measures are temporarily effective but just delay the cases to a later date rather than prevent them which can admittedly be good if delayed say in winter till spring when there's less flu and other stuff about and more hospital capacity but that's not the case here. I wouldn't be surprised to see French cases surge in next few weeks.

It was whitty. Infact he's been saying it from the beginning. It's why we wanted to flatten the curve rather than suppress it. The media jumped on this as a herd immunity strategy.

Cases are surging all across europe now. What will determine if they lockdown again or not will be how many of those cases need hospital treatment.

Back