• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and money

Barca have a press conference going on right now. Some of the stuff coming out is fairly shocking - club has a negative net worth of nearly €450m and wages are 103% of revenue. That's pretty shocking mismanagement.

Forbes (see post above) value them at $4.7 billion. I don’t understand the gap here.

Value or net worth?

Forbes (see post above) value them at $4.7 billion. I don’t understand the gap here.

Value or net worth?

Think some of it is lost in translation. Could mean they lost money due to covid, or the value of the club has dropped. Not sure really.

Pot, kettle, black.

"FIFA is bullish and optimistic about its long-term future in gaming and esports following a comprehensive and strategic assessment of the gaming and interactive entertainment market," reads FIFA's statement, before getting in a quick dig at former partner EA: "it is clear that this needs to be a space that is occupied by more than one party controlling all rights."

https://www.pcgamer.com/fifa-says-it-never-liked-ea-anyway-will-see-other-publishers-now/

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Are we the only club in the PL currently spending significantly less on wages than the capping system operating in Spain would allow?
I’d imagine our wages are heavily bonus related and since we’ve achieved fudge all bonus worthy in the last 3 years they’d be lower than they would be in the previous few seasons when we were qualifying for the CL?

Pot, kettle, black.

"FIFA is bullish and optimistic about its long-term future in gaming and esports following a comprehensive and strategic assessment of the gaming and interactive entertainment market," reads FIFA's statement, before getting in a quick dig at former partner EA: "it is clear that this needs to be a space that is occupied by more than one party controlling all rights."

https://www.pcgamer.com/fifa-says-it-never-liked-ea-anyway-will-see-other-publishers-now/

Just thought that EA's separation from FIFA is perfect for ESL. Everything is set now.

I’d imagine our wages are heavily bonus related and since we’ve achieved fudge all bonus worthy in the last 3 years they’d be lower than they would be in the previous few seasons when we were qualifying for the CL?

A couple of years ago we had the biggest plsy related bonuses of any team in the prem. Not sure if that's still true.

Back