• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

How are they expected to do in these final races. Is Lewis a big favourite from here now?

It's still Verstappen's to lose imo, the RB is the better car right now.
Was reading that LH should have the advantage as the last 3 tracks will really suit the Mercedes and also the fact they changed something on the engine too
Will be a great watch that's for sure

Was reading that LH should have the advantage as the last 3 tracks will really suit the Mercedes and also the fact they changed something on the engine too

The points difference is key, a couple of 2nd places for Max keep him right in it, Lewis can't afford to finish a race behind him really.

There is some questionable decision making going on too, Max absolutely should have had a penalty yesterday for forcing Lewis off the track, the replay shows him clearly opening the wheel.

where's the bloke who hates Lewis and calls him out for everything? Any word on Max's actions yesterday?

Rosberg beat Lewis to the title with some underhand tactics. Red Bull may win, and Max may be champ, but he's using underhand tactics just the same too. Blatant penalty yesterday, and the zigzagging through the track to affect Lewis when he was ahead too.

Anyway, Lewis is the GOAT. that is all.

As much as I don’t like him
What a drive from Hamilton yesterday and today, absolutely brilliant he has made up 25 places
I don't like Hamilton at all, but yesterday was the best driving performance I've ever seen! Absolutely magnificent from start to finish! Ridiculous pace! Saw it from the first laps, that he'd just go and win it.
Looks like they found some extra pace in the car too, but what a drive! Hats off.
@Diamond Lights guess you're referring to me. ;)
The off track incident was a bit over the limit imo. Defending is fine, but defending to the point that you can't stay on track, is at least questionable. Verstappen didn't force him out on purpose, he just hit the brake way too late to make the corner, and gained an advantage by going off track.
That said, I don't think Hamilton would have made the corner either, and I think that is why they didn't do anything, plus I think they just wanted to let them race and decide it on the track, rather then penalties.

Last edited:
How can anyone know that, when they are new Tracks where they haven't raced before?

I don't like Hamilton at all, but yesterday was the best driving performance I've ever seen! Absolutely magnificent from start to finish! Ridiculous pace! Saw it from the first laps, that he'd just go and win it.
Looks like they found some extra pace in the car too, but what a drive! Hats off.
@Diamond Lights guess you're referring to me. ;)
The off track incident was a bit over the limit imo. Defending is fine, but defending to the point that you can't stay on track, is at least questionable. Verstappen didn't force him out on purpose, he just hit the brake way too late to make the corner, and gained an advantage by going off track.
That said, I don't think Hamilton would have made the corner either, and I think that is why they didn't do anything, plus I think they just wanted to let them race and decide it on the track, rather then penalties.

Nah, Max opened the wheel out, it’s clear on the replay.

They don’t mind giving Lewis flimflam grid penalties to try and slow him down though.

Nah, Max opened the wheel out, it’s clear on the replay.

They don’t mind giving Lewis flimflam grid penalties to try and slow him down though.
What happens when you go into a corner too fast? You either over or understeer, in this case, oversteer. What do you have to do when you get oversteer? You have to correct it by steering in the opposite direction.

There's your "opened the wheel out".

tell you what, i would love it, LOVE IT, if Lewis wins the Championship
giphy.gif

What happens when you go into a corner too fast? You either over or understeer, in this case, oversteer. What do you have to do when you get oversteer? You have to correct it by steering in the opposite direction.

There's your "opened the wheel out".
He didn't get oversteer, that would have happened when he pressed the (less so nowadays) noisy pedal. He had understeer, which you control be allowing it to run out.

In a powerful RWD you can counter understeer by forcing it into oversteer but Max didn't do that, he steered right out of the understeer. You can see that in the overhead view.

I agree with what you said about Hamilton's drive - I'd also add the Saturday sprint to that too - ending up a few seconds behind Perez from 20th was unbelievable.

Agree with Kandi & Scara. I don't think I've ever seen a better performance over a GP weekend than that (and I can remember watching Jim Clark as a kid :rolleyes:). Absolutely peerless.

The last few races will be very interesting. New tracks, so no one really knows how the cars will perform only adds to the drama. Think it will go all the way to the last corner of the last race.
I just hope that it will not be decided by car breakdown or some regulation technicality. I want pure racing right 'til the end.

How can anyone know that, when they are new Tracks where they haven't raced before?
They'll know with decent accuracy the corner speeds involved and from there it's fairly easy to extrapolate to which cars that will suit the most.

What would make it really interesting would be some changeable weather races, but that's unlikely on the human rights leg of the F1 world tour.

They'll know with decent accuracy the corner speeds involved and from there it's fairly easy to extrapolate to which cars that will suit the most.

What would make it really interesting would be some changeable weather races, but that's unlikely on the human rights leg of the F1 world tour.
They could cover the track in oil. That would be fun!

Back