• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Climate Change

Amazon and the royal mail are replacing their vehichles with arrival (uk car maker).
Wow, never heard of 'em.

Arrival Ltd is a British [2][3] electric vehicle manufacturer[4][5] headquartered in London, UK,[6] of primarily lightweight commercial vehicles.[7] In June 2020, Arrival announced a new passenger bus designed for coronavirus-era social distancing.[8]

R&D takes place at their facility in Banbury, Oxfordshire.[9] In March 2020, Arrival acquired a new factory in Bicester with plans to be operational by 2021 and start production in 2022.[10] In December 2020, Arrival established its North American headquarters in Charlotte, NC, USA.[11]

It was announced that Arrival had raised $118 million from US funds manager BlackRock Inc in October 2020, adding to previous investment from Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Co and sister company Kia Motors Corp of $111 million.[12]

In late May 2021, Arrival announced that it would be building electric cars for Uber ride-hailing drivers, with production expected in Q3 of 2023.[14][15]

In August 2021, Arrival President Avinash Rugoobur stated that the company would open a product development R&D center in India due to increasing interest from that market.[16]

Wow, never heard of 'em.

Arrival Ltd is a British [2][3] electric vehicle manufacturer[4][5] headquartered in London, UK,[6] of primarily lightweight commercial vehicles.[7] In June 2020, Arrival announced a new passenger bus designed for coronavirus-era social distancing.[8]

R&D takes place at their facility in Banbury, Oxfordshire.[9] In March 2020, Arrival acquired a new factory in Bicester with plans to be operational by 2021 and start production in 2022.[10] In December 2020, Arrival established its North American headquarters in Charlotte, NC, USA.[11]

It was announced that Arrival had raised $118 million from US funds manager BlackRock Inc in October 2020, adding to previous investment from Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Co and sister company Kia Motors Corp of $111 million.[12]

In late May 2021, Arrival announced that it would be building electric cars for Uber ride-hailing drivers, with production expected in Q3 of 2023.[14][15]

In August 2021, Arrival President Avinash Rugoobur stated that the company would open a product development R&D center in India due to increasing interest from that market.[16]

It was ups not amazon. Sorry. Rivian are doing amazon. Amazon bought a stake in them.

Last edited:
Saw the green leader of my local council caught a plane up to Glasgow.

The greens really are a shambles, I honestly think if people had to live under their rule they would stop caring about the environment.

Broadly speaking I was pro green issues till I saw how they governed.

Wow, never heard of 'em.

I was really disappointed they didn't list in the UK, government should have done more to get them listed here.

Looking at the price it's probably a good buy, tanked since launch.

Might just have salvaged his reputation with a lot of countries. This was an utter failure.
Telling India and China to stop using coal is just another way of telling them to stop using power altogether.

A far more sensible approach (although admittedly difficult due to all the climate retards having such a boner for the hair-shirted approach) would have been an agreement to put a % of GDP into shared technology development. Using that technology, we can all reduce climate change without having to wind back the clock on civilisation.

Telling India and China to stop using coal is just another way of telling them to stop using power altogether.

A far more sensible approach (although admittedly difficult due to all the climate retards having such a boner for the hair-shirted approach) would have been an agreement to put a % of GDP into shared technology development. Using that technology, we can all reduce climate change without having to wind back the clock on civilisation.

Nobody was suggesting they stop using it tomorrow (maybe some nutcases like extinction rebellion). It was a pathway over the next couple of decades. To slow down and then stop subsidizing it. Then stop using it altogether.

Nobody was suggesting they stop using it tomorrow (maybe some nutcases like extinction rebellion). It was a pathway over the next couple of decades. To slow down and then stop subsidizing it. Then stop using it altogether.
I get that, an I hope most others do too.

But there is a marked difference between committing to stop the use of your primary power source and committing to build a better one.

As with many climate arguments, the focus on stopping is far stronger than the focus on developing. I think that's the wrong way if everyone is to buy in on the plan.

I get that, an I hope most others do too.

But there is a marked difference between committing to stop the use of your primary power source and committing to build a better one.

As with many climate arguments, the focus on stopping is far stronger than the focus on developing. I think that's the wrong way if everyone is to buy in on the plan.

We do have joint venture like iter. Most of the actual tech inovation will be universities and private businesses though, that will have their own collaborations.

Energy storage is the big one. Wind and solar are already cheaper than fossil fuels. The intermittency is the problem and storage is still expensive. Everyone is in a rush to crack that. Be worth a fortune. Other techs like smrs or thorium each country does seem to be going it alone.

The biggest problem though is that the fossil fuel industry helps pay for politicians to campaign. Thus influences their decisions.

We need to look at reframing indirect taxation around distance and pollutants. The further the distance from point of production to consumption, and the more pollutants used in manufacturing (calculating carbon use), the higher items get taxed. Zero VAT on local and sustainable products, up-to 40% on anything from coal countries and then flown round the world.

We need to look at reframing indirect taxation around distance and pollutants. The further the distance from point of production to consumption, and the more pollutants used in manufacturing (calculating carbon use), the higher items get taxed. Zero VAT on local and sustainable products, up-to 40% on anything from coal countries and then flown round the world.

We already have them. At least 27 of the worlds countries (including the uk) do.

https://earth.org/what-countries-have-a-carbon-tax/

But this might lead to factories moving from high carbon countries to less. Which is fine by me, but china and india it could be disastrous.

We already have them. At least 27 of the worlds countries (including the uk) do.

https://earth.org/what-countries-have-a-carbon-tax/

But this might lead to factories moving from high carbon countries to less. Which is fine by me, but china and india it could be disastrous.
Interesting. It would be good to make it some sort of algorithm that applies to absolutely anything, and is really punitive on the worst stuff.

The whole purpose would be to persuade china and India by pricing them out of not changing

Last edited:
Saw the green leader of my local council caught a plane up to Glasgow.

The greens really are a shambles, I honestly think if people had to live under their rule they would stop caring about the environment.

Broadly speaking I was pro green issues till I saw how they governed.
You can be an anarchist (left wing, but anti state as well as anti corporations) without having much time for the uk Green Party. I find them a bit wet, and they've dropped the ball by moving away from their apparent anti capitalism and anti-supranational organisations (particularly reversing their historic opposition to the EU).

Interesting. It would be good to make it some sort of algorithm that applies to absolutely anything, and is really punitive on the worst stuff.

The whole purpose would be to persuade china and India by pricing them out of not changing

Even having labels on things you buy. We have for health sort of. But a colour coded label on how environmentally damaging the product you buy is. Done by the wwf or greenpeace or something.

Most people will still go for the cheapest option. But if it's just a few percent change in buying habits would incentivise companies, thus countries. Think they do it for palm oil. Not deforested and that.

Even having labels on things you buy. We have for health sort of. But a colour coded label on how environmentally damaging the product you buy is. Done by the wwf or greenpeace or something.

Most people will still go for the cheapest option. But if it's just a few percent change in buying habits would incentivise companies, thus countries. Think they do it for palm oil. Not deforested and that.
Some independent coffee places have recently started marketing themselves as 'plastic free'/all fully compostable products/packaging

The joke is, it's seen as a good thing to get to net zero by 2050 for most countries. That doesn't mean those countries are not putting out emissions. Just they are taking back in as much as they are putting out. With nothing about what they had already emitted.

Earth is already warming, with what we've already emitted. We are going to have another 29 years of emitting, before we stop emitting more than we withdraw? So the earth will warm faster over the next 3 decades?

Co2 stays up there for hundreds of years. Methane is more short lived.

I seriously think we're fudged.

Back