• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

A podcaster said it is Sess's hamstrings giving the problem, much like Dele suffered for a while. Should be fixable with modern technology/stretching/"Italian medicine"
Bale, Dele, Sessegnon - is it just our young ones getting plagued by hamstring injuries?

Is it over training as a teenager I wonder? Lots of youngsters make a big splash early on then fade fast.
Yeah i was wondering about this too. He made his debut at 16 and then went on to make 120 appearances in the next 3 years. That's a lot of games and training sessions when your body is still growing and developing. It's almost as if his body was not given time to settle in

Bale, Dele, Sessegnon - is it just our young ones getting plagued by hamstring injuries?
Toby pinged his and was never quite the same imo. I think it was in Real Madrids penalty area in a game we were winning too!
I’m sure Bergwijn done something to his, he was apparently the quickest player in Holland and on debut made a couple of strong runs covering a lot of ground which seemed to reinforce the point, then limped off after one of them and has not looked particularly quick again.

Kane also done his and found a good way of ensuring it doesn’t happen again, he hasn’t broken into a sprint since!

Toby pinged his and was never quite the same imo. I think it was in Real Madrids penalty area in a game we were winning too!
I’m sure Bergwijn done something to his, he was apparently the quickest player in Holland and on debut made a couple of strong runs covering a lot of ground which seemed to reinforce the point, then limped off after one of them and has not looked particularly quick again.

Kane also done his and found a good way of ensuring it doesn’t happen again, he hasn’t broken into a sprint since!

I remember the game Toby did his. Was at Wembley, brilliant match. Seem to remember being sat behind the legendary @markysimmo. Not that anyone sat. Stood and sung the whole night.

Since he is "the forgotten man" here are some clips to remind oneself he is quite decent.

I don't honestly remember him playing with Eriksen and Jan era Spurs at all, must have been the 5 games he wasn't injured.

Good motor, plays with his head up so can spot runners and execute the right pass/low cross to assist. Excellent strike on his left.

Spurs Hoffenheim EngU21s:

Earlier Fulham and Spurs:

We really need him. The two areas for improvement in the Everton game were midfield and wingbacks - they had all the space, but weren't cool and calm. Had they been I think we'd have won. Reggie and Royal are more used to defending than attacking. But in this system, they are really attackers. Midfielders who join in with the attack every time. They need to score goals. And they need to make assists. Reggie and Royal will develop into the role but Sessegnon has proved he can play that position. Lets hope he gets fit and firing soon so we don't have to play a right-footer on the left wing.

Y'all hyping this kid a lot. I watch games with him playing to see if he can bring it or if he will bring it. I end up being disappointed with his performances. He has a lot to prove in my opinion to justify the faith I see people putting in him.

He needs to get fit fast and stay fit.

If he doesnt stay consistently fit between now and the summer then heavily discipline the player and release on a free transfer.

Even if he achieves the above, if he cant repeat it next season then again terminate the contract and ban from revisiting the club again in any capacity.

Y'all hyping this kid a lot. I watch games with him playing to see if he can bring it or if he will bring it. I end up being disappointed with his performances. He has a lot to prove in my opinion to justify the faith I see people putting in him.

I don't think its so much a case of hyping him - it is clear he's done nothing of note at Spurs - it is that we need him. And in the past a Fulham he's shown he can score goals. To play 3 at the back you have to have wing-backs who can make an impact in attack. Sessegnon has. Against Everton Doherty did okay coming on for Reggie, but it highlights we need Sess back. With regular games I think he will discover his form. He is a player who has skill and ability.

Since he is "the forgotten man" here are some clips to remind oneself he is quite decent.

I don't honestly remember him playing with Eriksen and Jan era Spurs at all, must have been the 5 games he wasn't injured.

Good motor, plays with his head up so can spot runners and execute the right pass/low cross to assist. Excellent strike on his left.

Spurs Hoffenheim EngU21s:

Earlier Fulham and Spurs:
Are you sure this isn't his brother?

He needs to get fit fast and stay fit.

If he doesnt stay consistently fit between now and the summer then heavily discipline the player and release on a free transfer.

Even if he achieves the above, if he cant repeat it next season then again terminate the contract and ban from revisiting the club again in any capacity.
Disciplining a player because he's injured, great idea, really encourages players to put in the extra 1% or go in for those hard challenges...

Reading @AjaxDeSuperYids comments above one would think Ryan intentionally gets injured and disciplinary action would curb that tendency :eek:

The truth is before he signed for Spurs he did not have a history of picking up injuries, on the other hand there is a litany of players whose injuries have been badly managed at the club.

Conte has three fitness coaches, so I would like to think that the lad is in safe hands unlike. He just needs time, hard work and support.

Back