• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Alastair Gold needs to focus on quality rather than quality. He seems to fart out a "piece" about a different player every other day, speculating on some aspect or other.

All his "pieces" are just speculative guff full of maybes, could be's, what if's and just imagines.
No substance whatsoever.

Isn't that the raison d'etre of social media?

Alastair Gold needs to focus on quality rather than quality. He seems to fart out a "piece" about a different player every other day, speculating on some aspect or other.

All his "pieces" are just speculative guff full of maybes, could be's, what if's and just imagines.
No substance whatsoever.

I can barely make it through his 'articles' given the amount of ads on the site. Which I guess is the whole point of putting out content, regardless of quality.

I can barely make it through his 'articles' given the amount of ads on the site. Which I guess is the whole point of putting out content, regardless of quality.
Yes I agree with that but he seems to position himself as some well connected Club insider, whereas all he's doing is just chucking out the same ill informed Tottenham guesswork on Twitter that a spotty teenager does during study period.

Yes I agree with that but he seems to position himself as some well connected Club insider, whereas all he's doing is just chucking out the same ill informed Tottenham guesswork on Twitter that a spotty teenager does during study period.

Well he is media-accredited so does get into the press conferences etc., and no doubt does have some contacts at the club. But that doesn't prevent the space-filling speculative guff that you mentioned.

He was on the TFC pod a while back and I did find it interesting that he said he never publishes any rumour he hears from within the club without also hearing it from a second source. He was very clear on that front.

He was on the TFC pod a while back and I did find it interesting that he said he never publishes any rumour he hears from within the club without also hearing it from a second source. He was very clear on that front.

Wait so that means what he says are from within the club

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Like to see him given a chance as wingback, not sure he has the killer instincts to be a winger but he’s diligent and comfortable on the ball.

The kid has been playing first team football since he was 16 and he is still young enough (21) to make a top player, lets hope he can stay fit and show it here.

The kid has been playing first team football since he was 16 and he is still young enough (21) to make a top player, lets hope he can stay fit and show it here.

I hope so but I can never see him making it as a defender, he doesnt appear to think like one or have than nasty streak required.

I hope so but I can never see him making it as a defender, he doesnt appear to think like one or have than nasty streak required.

You may be right to be honest i have not really seen that much of him to make a judgement of where he will play. However if Conte stays for a while Sess may fit well as a attacking full back.

Conte puts huge demands on the wingbacks, as we’ve seen already. In the pod linked last week the Italian journalist mentioned that at Inter it was common practice for the wingbacks to be subbed at around 70 min as they were completely knackered. So Sessegnon should get a chance to prove himself if he can get himself up to fitness. It feels like he’s hardly played for us at all so far tbh.

You may be right to be honest i have not really seen that much of him to make a judgement of where he will play. However if Conte stays for a while Sess may fit well as a attacking full back.
I think wing back is an ideal position for him. Conte likes his wing backs attacking and getting into the box. Both Royal and Reggie should have scored against Everton. We really need to make use of Sessegnon's goal scoring instincts. Don't forget a as a 17 year old he scored 15 goals in one season, so the talent and potential is there he just needs to get and stay fit. Maybe Conte's 3 fitness coaches can work some magic

I think wing back is an ideal position for him. Conte likes his wing backs attacking and getting into the box. Both Royal and Reggie should have scored against Everton. We really need to make use of Sessegnon's goal scoring instincts. Don't forget a as a 17 year old he scored 15 goals in one season, so the talent and potential is there he just needs to get and stay fit. Maybe Conte's 3 fitness coaches can work some magic
He could be absolutely perfect for our new formation especially as you say he can actually score unlike Reggie

I think saying either should have scored is a bit harsh especially for Reggie as his chance wasn't an easy take (fast cross on the half volley).

On your wider point Sessengnon should fit perfectly into this shape and hopefully it is the making of him, as previously I wasn't sure where he fitted. He seemed too timid to play LB but I couldn't see him pushing ahead of Son for the starting LWF berth. LWB seems to suit him to a tee, he gets to run from deeper without necessarily having to dribble and his good use of space should find him gaining quite a few goal scoring opportunities which he is probably more suited to finishing.

I look forward to the competition between himself and Reggie for a starting place.

So he is injured. When is he likely to be back then? I too think this could be the making of him. He always did have a goal in him and looking at how involved our wingbacks are going to be this could be perfect for him.

So he is injured. When is he likely to be back then? I too think this could be the making of him. He always did have a goal in him and looking at how involved our wingbacks are going to be this could be perfect for him.
As said before, he'll probably injure himself lacing his boots for the first training session. He could be ideal, but he's always injured, so he'll never get a consistent run.

Back