• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Now that Sissoko's gone, every one of our players is capable of passing the ball that well - they're simple passes.

The problem is that we never get into space to receive those passes.
A top side needs a bit more than just simple passes through....

I’m not sure Son is right in that Hazard role a little in behind Kane. I think he’s better high up, getting on to through balls and finishing. Dribbling one on one. He came very deep today and I don’t think passing in more congested areas is his forte.

Maybe with coaching he’ll get better. But I wonder if the squad better suits a 3-5-2. Get Lo Celso or N’Dombele in for Lucas, and make Lucas a striker.

I’m not sure Son is right in that Hazard role a little in behind Kane. I think he’s better high up, getting on to through balls and finishing. Dribbling one on one. He came very deep today and I don’t think passing in more congested areas is his forte.

Maybe with coaching he’ll get better. But I wonder if the squad better suits a 3-5-2. Get Lo Celso or N’Dombele in for Lucas, and make Lucas a striker.

agreed. 3-5-2. Kane and Son up top. Ndombele or GLC in

Yep
But they will love it too

Huh?

Our bunch?

The ones that complained to the media when Nuno had them train in different positions to their usual ones, *once*?

The ones that complained that Poch's training was too hard, and Mourinho was too mean?

If they loved self-improvement over posting selfies on Instagram, we wouldn't be where we are now, and wouldn't have needed to hire Conte to begin with.

This bunch has a truly atrocious attitude - everyone from Lloris to Conte himself basically confirmed it.

I don't think they'll like it, personally. But I don't much care for what they think, either.

Huh?

Our bunch?

The ones that complained to the media when Nuno had them train in different positions to their usual ones, *once*?

The ones that complained that Poch's training was too hard, and Mourinho was too mean?

If they loved self-improvement over posting selfies on Instagram, we wouldn't be where we are now, and wouldn't have needed to hire Conte to begin with.

This bunch has a truly atrocious attitude - everyone from Lloris to Conte himself basically confirmed it.

I don't think they'll like it, personally. But I don't much care for what they think, either.

I agree with what you are saying. What I love about the Conte hire is there really will be no excuses for the players. He has won big things too recently. You can’t lean on the idea that he’s run his course like Poch, is too marmite like Jose or supposedly out of his depth like Nuno. These players have nowhere now to turn, and can only look inwards. If they fail under Conte, that’s it for them.

So I agree, it seems like there’s a horrible attitude in our squad. Certainly a misalignment. I am just so excited, as Conte is just perfect for us. He’s going to work them hard. He’s going to set a clear direction and the players can choose to follow or otherwise, but the club are going to back Conte rather than the wasters, I’m pretty sure of it.

Still think we need massive investment in the squad if we want to get back to where we were a few years ago. We have gone backwards and have too many players that have been at the club too long; Alli, Davies, Sanchez, Dier. Arsenal backed Arteta in the summer and it is paying off for them now.

Conte gets the issues plaguing the clubs management and players. Hopefully Paratici is in cahoots with him. Maybe it's me being sceptical but Hitchen and Mason working for them both is a way for Levy to keep tabs on them.

Our next two windows will show how, much change Levy has allowed for. If not I'm sure both of them will walk.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Now that Sissoko's gone, every one of our players is capable of passing the ball that well - they're simple passes.

The problem is that we never get into space to receive those passes.
Now we see Sissoko wasn't the problem. Moura doesn't get the same stick as him for miscontrolling and losing the ball. At least Sissoko provided a strong presence in the midfield and made us less porous. Our midfield looks worse without Sissoko.

Still think we need massive investment in the squad if we want to get back to where we were a few years ago. We have gone backwards and have too many players that have been at the club too long; Alli, Davies, Sanchez, Dier. Arsenal backed Arteta in the summer and it is paying off for them now.
More like massive changes. If we buy and sell well we could end up with a minor investment and a better squad. Ruthlessness required and that includes selling Kane to fund the rest.

More like massive changes. If we buy and sell well we could end up with a minor investment and a better squad. Ruthlessness required and that includes selling Kane to fund the rest.

Not against selling kane for top dollar. But don't think we need to. I think there is money there. Think levy might have held some back incase of another lockdown. Which looks unlikely now. Won't be huge but then the likes of kessie, brozovic won't be huge transfer fees. Vlahovic at 21 could be seen as a deal. Offload a couple of fringe to Saudi Sportswashing Machine at a high rate we might be in business. A cb or 2 brought in. Eriksen might be available on a free.

Then again i'm an optimist when it comes to spurs.

Back