• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Doesn't matter who the manager is, this guy always seems to get into the starting 11
We don't have a better option as it stands for the right hand side. Potentially Gil could play there but up to now in his career he's been a left winger so let's say it's not Moura who else do we have that is ready to go and suits paying on the right? The answer is no one with potential to convert Gil into that role.

I think he'll be one of the players who falls out under Conte

Emerson will nail down RWB, possibly with Bergwijn and understudy, and I dont think Moura brings enough control going forwards. Gil brings everything which Moura does, but with added ability on the ball, plus presumably we'll actually sign another CF and/or creative attacker in January

Not sure how sellable Moura is mind you. Maybe some middle-eastern bunch will take him in the summer

Moura offers something that no-one else in the squad offers currently, taking playing on at pace through the middle and moving opponents around. While i agree he may not start week in week out, i honestly cant see him going anywhere and nor would i want him too.

Is that not something which Gil can bring though?

Also, if we play 3-5-2 like he did at Inter, we probably only need 4-5 forwards. Kane and Son will be two, and assume we sign another out and out CF too. Gil has only just arrived so that's 4...

Perhaps we will stay 3-4-3 and need more attacking players, but I'm not sure it brings the control which Conte likes. When he played 3-4-3 at Chelsea, Hazard and Pedro were in the 3 and they retain the ball well so it brings more control like a 3-5-2. Moura doesnt offer that

I think he'll be one of the players who falls out under Conte

Emerson will nail down RWB, possibly with Bergwijn and understudy, and I dont think Moura brings enough control going forwards. Gil brings everything which Moura does, but with added ability on the ball, plus presumably we'll actually sign another CF and/or creative attacker in January

Not sure how sellable Moura is mind you. Maybe some middle-eastern bunch will take him in the summer
Gil doesnt bring everything Moura does. Moura is good at winning tackles, turning the ball over high up the pitch, dribbling out of very tight situations and is good in the air. Gil has shown a couple of flashes, nothing more. He has potential, but is not at Mouras level yet.....

Gil doesnt bring everything Moura does. Moura is good at winning tackles, turning the ball over high up the pitch, dribbling out of very tight situations and is good in the air. Gil has shown a couple of flashes, nothing more. He has potential, but is not at Mouras level yet.....
Gil has given Maura a much needed kick up the jacksey

Moura offers something that no-one else in the squad offers currently, taking playing on at pace through the middle and moving opponents around. While i agree he may not start week in week out, i honestly cant see him going anywhere and nor would i want him too.

He is a threat no doubt about it, some fans have been writing him off since he came here but he is always a danger to opposing teams.

Lucas can be upgraded upon, but for now he is good enough to be in the squad. He needs consistency and confidence to flourish.

My point was that all week on the internet people were posting who they thought would play in a 352.
No one had Lucas.
Then on the day Lucas gets in there.

well, we didnt play 3-5-2, we played 3-4-3. Had we played 3-5-2, Moura would have been left out.

My guess is that Moura won't be in Conte's starting 11 once Conte has had some time with the team, but lets see what happens

It was impressive for his goal, that he was the guy running back towards our half and touching the ball to Kane, then he spun and sprinted into the space for Kane to lay an easy ball in for him.

It looked so easy, I guess their defence was pretty naive to allow that to happen, but it was beautiful to see a team carved open like that.

PS - The good thing about the 343 is that the wide men in the 4 can quickly link with EITHER THREE i.e. they can form 5 at the back or 5 at the front quite easily, rapidly shifting our formation to 523 or 325.

PPS - Gil and Moura are extremely different players so it is like comparing Ndombele to Skipp.

Kane made the false 9 run to pull the defence... Credit to Moura for following through. Looks like something done during training.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

Back