• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I,m being devils advocate here..
so the vast majority on here all think its going to be hunky dorey from now on ..lol
We have never had an ex london manager from another club bring us any success!!! let me remind you!
In fact IMO they have all been total disasters apart from maybe redknapp who thought engleland were better than Spurs..lol.
Graham won us a brick cup on the back of Ginola and then ditched him! one of our most exciting players ever...Terry Neil sunk us to the old second division and encouraged Jennings to go to the arse. Mourinho I thought might do something but we loved his football..i think not.
So there you all are tossing yourselves off over Conti...when in a few weeks time it will all go pair shapped and super spurzy again..
Happy viewing guys..
PS. offcourse I would love him to succeed but it aint going to happen..is it really...Stop kiding yourselves...:D

This post is a number of things.
Devil's advocate wouldn't be the first I'd pick.

You laugh at yourself a lot, I see. Should we follow your example?

This post is a number of things.
Devil's advocate wouldn't be the first I'd pick.

You laugh at yourself a lot, I see. Should we follow your example?

Its devils advocate babe..dont get yourself all worked up now..Just that there has been so much dissapointment over recent years that I'm very doubtfull as to when our next succes will be.

If Doherty ever makes a Conte squad, all confidence in his judgement will vanish.

I'll be interested to see which role (RWB or RCB) he uses Tanganga in though

And Mourinho is also responsible for his crap performances for Ireland?
He's been playing as a RWB for Ireland in the last few games and has played really well. Total contrast to his performances for Spurs.
There's a decent player in there if used properly.

In his last 7 full seasons of club management he has won the Italian league 4 times, the English League once and the FA Cup once, that is a record not to be sniffed at
It’s why he is an elite manager
Said it the other day there are 3 elite managers in management; pep, Klopp and Tuchel
Conte is the elite one not in work

a few people have mentioned the team balance and formation - Conte could well be planning his usual 3 at the back and I for one can't wait to see that structure. Not only do we have four wing backs (Royal, Regi, Doherty and Sess) who will benefit from the approach, but the way that the team has to set up in midfield means we will have better scope to have someone creative sitting deeper and playing clever balls forward for our hold up (Kane) and pacey (Son) forwards.

Genuine question though from a Football Manager enthusiast - where do Bergwyn, Ali, Moura fit into that structure, aside from the possibility of a Moses-esque Moura at RWB?

I think we will maybe have to alter between 3-4-3 and 3-5-2. Depending on how the opposition usually sets up or what injuries we get.

We’re perfectly suited to 3atb with Dier, Romero, Sanchez, Japh, Rodon and Davies.

Wing backs perfectly suited.

Then the rest of the team…I think our strongest would probably be Kane and Son up top, and maybe GLC, PEH, and N’Dombele in behind.

I can see Moura and Berg working as second strikers if Son is out, but if we go 3-4-3 we can then chose from the two of them plus Gil and Dele in behind. I’m not sure if Dele fits really well given his athleticism or if Conte is going to struggle with the mentality. But the choice of whether to have 2 in behind or 3 in the middle has ramifications for the midfielders too. It’s a nice problem to have and when put this way, we actually have a pretty decent squad with some depth.

Because they are clams who contribute nothing to their club. Literally the worst kind of 'supporter' possible.
Nonsense. There are few critics of the senior management on here who are season ticket holders, and also spends thousands on away games who are tired of being also rans. Given that they spend a lot of time and money supporting Spurs they are right to want to hold the owners to account. As is anyone who is invested in the club like fans are.

Your snidey posts actually contribute nothing and just demonstrate that you don't like people disagreeing with you.

I have supported Spurs for 41 years and contributed plenty financially and in time. I have been here several times excited at the prospect of a new manager only to see it being another false dawn. So if it's ok with you I'll remain cautious about this one given how combustible Conte is and given how we probably won't be able to bring in all the players he will want.

But in the end I support Spurs and I usually come round on match day it's just how it's always been. I make no apologies though for questioning the owners.

Nonsense. There are few critics of the senior management on here who are season ticket holders, and also spends thousands on away games who are tired of being also rans. Given that they spend a lot of time and money supporting Spurs they are right to want to hold the owners to account. As is anyone who is invested in the club like fans are.

Your snidey posts actually contribute nothing and just demonstrate that you don't like people disagreeing with you.

I have supported Spurs for 41 years and contributed plenty financially and in time. I have been here several times excited at the prospect of a new manager only to see it being another false dawn. So if it's ok with you I'll remain cautious about this one given how combustible Conte is and given how we probably won't be able to bring in all the players he will want.

But in the end I support Spurs and I usually come round on match day it's just how it's always been. I make no apologies though for questioning the owners.

I'm a season ticket holder since 1978 and have been going from 1958 I dont think I've invested in this club and I dont expect whoever owns the club owes me anything. The owners, managers and players come and go, we have good years we have bad years, that's life, if I disliked the owners so much I wouldnt bother going and if I was so desperate to follow a winning team I'd jump between the latest top dog.

I'm a season ticket holder since 1978 and have been going from 1958 I dont think I've invested in this club and I dont expect whoever owns the club owes me anything. The owners, managers and players come and go, we have good years we have bad years, that's life, if I disliked the owners so much I wouldnt bother going and if I was so desperate to follow a winning team I'd jump between the latest top dog.
Good for you.

So Levy is guilty until proven otherwise? What's your profession again?

Its devils advocate babe..dont get yourself all worked up now..Just that there has been so much dissapointment over recent years that I'm very doubtfull as to when our next succes will be.

It read very much like a post from a Goon, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester, Man Utd fan board rather than a Spurs one.
At least you say you are doubtful rather than utterly disbelieving - I understand the temptation to despair

Last edited:
If they let him get the players he want, but the biggest problem I see, Levy letting him bomb out players he wants to get rid of, instead of asking silly money for them, so they stay at the club, turning the atmosphere toxic. He be good for us.

Back