• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

But it’s only 10 matches, we were a mess when he arrived, things take time.

I have a lot of sympathy for the guy and wish him well for the future. Genuinely. But I don't agree he should have had more time. You could see that this wasn't going to get better. The players tried on Saturday, and in other games, but you could see they didn't believe. And they didn't believe because everything they did resulted in us not threatening United. Nuno was 100% the wrong fit/man for us. That wasn't going to change - when you have the wrong guy, you have the wrong guy. The problem was appointing him in the first place because this was wholly predictable. And that falls on Levy and Paratici. They're the problem here.

I think it's also fair to say that Nuno became the person who took a lot of the frustration that's built over the last three years. His poor tactics and his bad decisions elicited a stronger response than they otherwise would have. Again, that's on Levy particularly who has made a lot of terrible decisions since 2017.

The guy had to go. You could see in 10 games that he was going nowhere. But Levy and, to a lesser extent, Paratici owe the man an apology for putting him in such a bad position to start with.

The merry-go-round keeps turning...

Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind

sorry couldn't resist[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more "
Proud Mary keep on burning
And we're rolling, rolling, rolling yeah (rolling)
Rolling on the river"

If we get Conte now, why didn't we just get him in the first place? Surely, if he's willing to come NOW, he would be in the summer too, no?

If we get Conte now, why didn't we just get him in the first place? Surely, if he's willing to come NOW, he would be in the summer too, no?

Maybe he was waiting for ManU to get their brick together? Or he really likes the players we signed in the summer.

I think it’s far more likely Conte does that to some of the melts in our squad…..

Massively agree. Gold is saying Paratici stormed off out of his seat on 64 mins against United and didn’t come back. I’d assume he would have been furious as he can see the players not trying for Nuno.

I think Conte is the only answer, and I think now the problems in our club are as clear as day. In the summer there was an argument we could have gone Ten Hag / Potter and built on ‘Spurs DNA’ or gone the Conte route. But I think those were the two best choices, just with different risk profiles. Now though, I think Conte is the perfect man.

He will have to do what Jose wanted to do, and we will have to back him to do it. We have too many melts, and they need to realise that playing for Spurs can give them a platform to being one of the best players in the world in their position, as we’ve proven with Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Walker, and basically the whole 16/17 Poch team. But too many are allowing themselves to drift because they aren’t taking our club, and by extension themselves, seriously enough. Too willing to complain, too willing to down tools, too willing to blame anyone but themselves.

Multiple managers have now diagnosed and had to deal with the same thing, but without real backing from the club it terms of setting authority it will be impossible for them to do anything. Here’s hoping we stick at it with Conte.

Maybe our owners are going to load us with even more debt as one last desperate throw of the dice?

More likely though is that they'll promise him certain things, do a bit in January and then renege on the promises next summer.

If that is the case, he'll walk in January and call them out on it. He isn't one to mince words, or hide his disdain for owners who don't match his ambitions.

If Mourinho was a loudmouth, Conte has all the subtlety of a planet-sized megaphone.

Maybe our owners are going to load us with even more debt as one last desperate throw of the dice?

More likely though is that they'll promise him certain things, do a bit in January and then renege on the promises next summer.

I’d be amazed if they changed their MO.

It does seem odd that Conte should have an about turn. Also odd that the announcement should happen now, normally there is something else going on to deflect the press from us. Maybe he is bored and wants to meet up with Paratici again. If he does join us then their friendship will have played a big part in changing his mind. We have made some good signings perhaps there are more waiting for January, perhaps there is some money coming in from the stadium naming rights. This really is a make or break move though, just hope that the excitement on the pitch picks up to match that off it. Conte will only come on his terms though so something must of changed. I don't want him, but if he is as tough and as mad as they say its just what we need and strangely I look forward to it.

It does seem odd that Conte should have an about turn. Also odd that the announcement should happen now, normally there is something else going on to deflect the press from us. Maybe he is bored and wants to meet up with Paratici again. If he does join us then their friendship will have played a big part in changing his mind. We have made some good signings perhaps there are more waiting for January, perhaps there is some money coming in from the stadium naming rights. This really is a make or break move though, just hope that the excitement on the pitch picks up to match that off it. Conte will only come on his terms though so something must of changed. I don't want him, but if he is as tough and as mad as they say its just what we need and strangely I look forward to it.
I don’t find it that odd personally.

He’s taken a bit of time out to see what’s out there, there was no rush to get straight back into management. He could well be feeling the itch to get back into football now, and with Man U backing Ole there doesn’t appear to be any better options out there or potentially in the very short term. And from our side Levy recognises the worrying position we are in and is now likely more open to meeting his demands….

I don’t find it that odd personally.

He’s taken a bit of time out to see what’s out there, there was no rush to get straight back into management. He could well be feeling the itch to get back into football now, and with Man U backing Ole there doesn’t appear to be any better options out there or potentially in the very short term. And from our side Levy recognises the worrying position we are in and is now likely more open to meeting his demands….

As someone also mentioned, Covid and it’s ongoing impact on the economy was less well known in the summer, now barring an mutation that renders vaccines completely ineffective at stopping severe Covid systems, stadium will stay open and we will be in a good financial position going forward. And therefore potentially able to meet Contes demands

Back