• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Wow. We've done it again, LOL. It's clear somerhing wasn't right, but I didn't expect him to be sacked so soon.

Not sorry though. We've been pretty brick.

Step back from the Spurs lense, and it is totally unfair on Nuno. Who thinks it is fair to give a manager 10 games to get a disjointed team playing well? I knew he was getting sacked, and it was the right decision, because the fans were not behind him, and maybe the players too.

Was always a strange decision to hire a manager who'd learnt his trade under Mourinho. I think the two were too similar. Nuno was his own man, but too much was the same. That coupled with Kane not getting in the zone, the fans descent and our woeful stats, means this was nailed on. Levy never needs much to ring the changes.

It’s embarrassing, we’ve treated him very badly, lack of support from the club and the supporters.

Eh. I tend to agree, but at the same time, there has to be something to believe in - there just wasn't with Nuno. We looked worse and worse in his short spell, and were 19th in the league by most metrics - just above Norwich.

Folks like to bring up Poch's indifferent start, but we were never that bad under him, and you could see what we were trying even when we were struggling early on - pressing, attacking, bold, brave.

Nuno's style was just soul-destroyingly numb. Can't have been fun to train in, play in, or watch.

I looked on here to see people’s opinions. Poch even said it in his book
Don’t forget people didnt want Poch, they wanted a certain dutch manager or 2 (one went to palace and one to United)
Where did you look on here? Can you link me to the thread as I'd be interested to see it.

The only thing I can think was that Nuno's appointment was always supposed to be a soft landing step up from the brick show that was Mourinho before the next chap built on it, but it hasn't worked out.
Agreed.
Disposable as he never "first choice".
Great if it works, no worries if it doesn't.
Almost a caretaker manager

Eh. I tend to agree, but at the same time, there has to be something to believe in - there just wasn't with Nuno. We looked worse and worse in his short spell, and were 19th in the league by most metrics - just above Norwich.

Folks like to bring up Poch's indifferent start, but we were never that bad under him, and you could see what we were trying even when we were struggling early on - pressing, attacking, bold, brave.

Nuno's style was just soul-destroyingly numb. Can't have been fun to train in, play in, or watch.

FYI we're 8th in the league :rolleyes:

Been difficult for him. So many complicating factors from day one to the last day.

He's shown very little sign of having any of the answers needed though. No real improvement, some strange decisions. Won't go into rumours, but obviously the kind of performances we've seen won't make anyone happy.

Probably right to let him go, particularly if a top target is available.

I am undecided on whether we have been a bit premature in getting rid or not. I know our attacking play was dreadful but he's hardly had his feet under the desk. I think half a season was probably fair, but it was not to be. Anyway, good luck Nuno.

It’s embarrassing, we’ve treated him very badly, lack of support from the club and the supporters.
It didn't sound, when we hired him, that all the higher ups were on board, he was never likely to enjoy huge support unless we came out firing. It's not a great look for the club, we look a bit of a shambles and Fabio has a few questions to answer. The Fonz might've enjoyed more support from the top, and, if trying to play a little more audere est facere, from the bottom too.

The merry-go-round keeps turning...

The merry-go-round keeps turning...[/QUOTE]

Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind

sorry couldn't resist

Feel sorry for him, but in a week or two he will be counting the cash in his bank account and will probably think "Thank GHod I'm out of that brickshow".
Hopefully another manager will provide the system, the confidence and the kick up the rear which will get this group of players playing to something like the maximum of their ability. Kane and Son are the key because they are the goalscorers. An in-form Kane is the difference between winning and losing, but after his "summer of broken dreams", he desperately needs some competition to make him pull his finger out....

I don't remember a more likely dismissal since halftimegate with Jol. A poor choice, the only available choice at the contractual terms the board wanted while they waited for Poch to return I suspect. Which has now backfired badly.

Still - football is about your next decision - always has been. I'd personally rather we moved mountains to get Potter or Rodgers, someone who we can build with rather than another of the european short term journey men. Conte, Ranieri, Mourinho, Ancelotti, even Benitez are cut from that cloth and we don't need that with our business model - we need to build to be better than the sum of our parts. Nothing in Conte's DNA suggests he can do that any better than Jose did.

Back