• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Villeneuve’s movie certainly has great production values but could’ve done with more spaceship stuff (guess that’s being saved for part 2) and I rewatched the David Lynch film to remind me of those aspects from the novel(s) which the new version left out plus the monologues helped refresh my memory of some of the finer plot points.

Noticed that the 2 mini-series are on Amazon Prime, so might watch them this week then do an encore of Dune up Odeon to see if I enjoy it more.

No, you won't see more spaceships in the second half of Dune. Which has been green-lighted for production recently.

Second half of the story focuses much more closely on Paul Atreides becoming Paul Muad Dib, leader of the Fremen, and his relationship with Chani. It's all about life on Dune and the battle with the Harkkonen for control of Arrakis.

But first half is awesome in IMAX.

^^ They just spliced together bits of Bourne, Venom, Spiderman, Batman, American Werewolf in London, Doctor Who, Hot Fuzz, Blade... so unoriginal

^^ They just spliced together bits of Bourne, Venom, Spiderman, Batman, American Werewolf in London, Doctor Who, Hot Fuzz, Blade... so unoriginal

Tbf i think it's the first time anyone has spliced together bits of those films.

Watched Venom: Let there be carnage and Eternals this week. Venom was pretty good. Really wanted to like Eternals but it’s very long and not a lot happens in it. Also a bit too woke for me. I’m very liberal minded but I don’t want a progressive ideology shoved in my face (which is what Hollywood have been doing for the last few years) in film and tv any more than I want a conservative ideology in entertainment. What next? X-Men to be changed to X-Them or Spider-Man changed to Spider-non binary person.

Watched Venom: Let there be carnage and Eternals this week. Venom was pretty good. Really wanted to like Eternals but it’s very long and not a lot happens in it. Also a bit too woke for me. I’m very liberal minded but I don’t want a progressive ideology shoved in my face (which is what Hollywood have been doing for the last few years) in film and tv any more than I want a conservative ideology in entertainment. What next? X-Men to be changed to X-Them or Spider-Man changed to Spider-non binary person.
Or James Bond to Janet Bond…

No Time to Die is on streamed in the US today so can be downloaded

Not that I think what I have written is a spoiler, but just in case..

It's a pretty good watch too, aside from the last 20-30 minutes where it becomes increasingly apparent what is going to happen. The lack of options explored or willingness to do so, given the newly found circumstances, just seemed very lazy writing designed to drag the final few straws into place for the finale.

finally got to geek out watching Mortal Kombat. FYI, if you dont like the game, then don't bother. If you loved the game, you'll enjoy a non-serious film that brings the lore together.

No time to die was long and boring in my opinion, not a massive bond fan anyway so can take that as part of my reasoning but just found it over indulgent crap

Back