• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

No one
It’s the blinkers that it’s all on the coach and the players are not to blame at all
What possession coach has been allowed to work with these players? Poch a handful or games and Mason the same?

If Lopetegui or Fonseca or Ten Hag or Potter were having the same attacking issues now, the point would be valid. But the players have never had a hope of performing with 2 years of hoofball, a defence sitting deep and instructions not to press

What possession coach has been allowed to work with these players? Poch a handful or games and Mason the same?

If Lopetegui or Fonseca or Ten Hag or Potter were having the same attacking issues now, the point would be valid. But the players have never had a hope of performing with 2 years of hoofball, a defence sitting deep and instructions not to press
So when have they (the players you mentioned earlier) been playing in possession based teams at this level?

Is he still here?

if so, it underlines the complete fudging mess we are in as a club.

Beat me to it. I was fully expecting to open up the BBC Sport website and see the headlines. If it does not happen today I would say he has 2 big games coming up.

Minimum requirements must be - Nothing less than a win v Vitesse Arnhem (a draw is not good enough) and avoiding defeat at Everton.

Those two fixtures are followed by yet another international break. That could be the window Levy is waiting for

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Alli (and maybe Bergwijn). We all know they can be top players in other systems. Or even just having a possession system that allows Son and Kane to do their thing again
N’Dombele and Lo Celso have not been top players in other systems. They have shown flashes, in certain games that they can perform - that is nowhere near what a top player is. They are the very epitome of this modern Spurs, the occasional decent performance then go missing. And don’t get me started on Dele, he is done and has been for a long time. And Bergwijn?! Jeez, you are reaching big time…..

Like I said this squad of players has no leaders on or off the pitch to provide any winning mentality. Harry Kane is shot and needs to be shifted as do any players in the current set up. None are going to be a part of any success.

The manager is lacking seriously of any ideas.

The boardroom is not backing or operating to give us any chance of winning anything but happy to take punts on managers and players hoping and praying that they will make it. Its never worked under Levy and Enic, things are not about to change.

We are just a glorified outfit pretending to be relevant but in reality we are a premiership team and happy to finish in the top 10.

So for all of the fans expecting anything out of this mob you can forget it.

It's going to take a change from the top and have that trickle down to the first team. GHod how we lack ambition is sickening.

Levy and Co, we'll done for taking us this far, but it really is time to give the mantle over to owners who are ambitious and want to achieve success with trophies and not just on paper or a balance sheet.

Clearout of who though? Half the team who started today have only been with us for two years or less so i'm not buying the need of a clearout (though upgrades, competition and coaching is key to moving upwards and onwards).

To put it in perspective: Arsenal look better coached....
Arsenal are dreadful so what that makes us I dont like to think.
But Nuno bless, him must go quickly

Like I said this squad of players has no leaders on or off the pitch to provide any winning mentality. Harry Kane is shot and needs to be shifted as do any players in the current set up. None are going to be a part of any success.

The manager is lacking seriously of any ideas.

The boardroom is not backing or operating to give us any chance of winning anything but happy to take punts on managers and players hoping and praying that they will make it. Its never worked under Levy and Enic, things are not about to change.

We are just a glorified outfit pretending to be relevant but in reality we are a premiership team and happy to finish in the top 10.

So for all of the fans expecting anything out of this mob you can forget it.

It's going to take a change from the top and have that trickle down to the first team. GHod how we lack ambition is sickening.

Levy and Co, we'll done for taking us this far, but it really is time to give the mantle over to owners who are ambitious and want to achieve success with trophies and not just on paper or a balance sheet.

Bang on.

As I’ve said on here for a pretty long time now, the problems at the club are structural and deep. Without a change in ownership we are going nowhere fast (bar another lucky Poch-style find).

After yesterday I want Nuno gone, but I don’t blame him. The issues are at a level above the manager.

I think the problem (at least when we're discussing a new managerial appointment on this board) is that people expect us to sign a manager who'd guarantee a Top4 spot. Unfortunately, that was Mourinho and that didn't happen.

What we need to do is decide (broadly) what kind of team we want to be, sign the players who fit in that general philosophy and look for coaches who fit the bill. When Klopp signed for Dortmund, his record at Mainz read 105w 78d and 83l. It's very good for a club of that size, but when you look strictly a the numbers, there were probably better candidates for the job.

At some point, you have to make a decision and stick to it. It's not rocket science. Achieving greatness takes time and you need a lot of things going your way: a good scouting network, people working together in harmony (DoF+manager) and a couple of lucky breaks in important games. What tinkles me off is that it's more or less what Levy promised in his infamous 'DNA' letter. Six months later, we haven't reached step one. We couldn't even find a manager who fit in with our philosophy. And that's after spending three months looking for 'Mr Right'.

If you know where you're going, it doesn't matter if you make the wrong appointment because the next guy will carry on and, hopefully, benefit from his predecessor's work. Right now, we're just banging our head against a wall in the hope of finding our way to a good place. It's absolutely ridiculous. You have to wonder how they make their decision. Again, it's not rocket science.

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Alli (and maybe Bergwijn). We all know they can be top players in other systems. Or even just having a possession system that allows Son and Kane to do their thing again

Ndombele spent the summer sulking about leaving and has a poor attitude according to reports.

Lo Celso is either injured, coming back from injury or in quarantine - when he does play looks lightweight and unable to keep up

Alli hasn’t performed for 4 seasons

Bergwijn doesn’t seem to be able to trap a football

Clearout of who though? Half the team who started today have only been with us for two years or less so i'm not buying the need of a clearout (though upgrades, competition and coaching is key to moving upwards and onwards).

To put it in perspective: Arsenal look better coached....

it still seems we have players in the changing room leaking stuff to the press and sulking around.

We have players who don’t want to be here or fight for the places hanging around in the background.

It doesn’t really matter how long they have been here.

What we do need at Christmas - and what I'm sure we will buy- are two or three attacking players. I know everyone says that that window is a hard one in which to buy well, but without some new energy and impetus, I worry that we will gradually find ourselves in a relegation battle. We are not too good to go down. Son blasted wide yesterday when he should have scored. Kane should have shot but attempted a pass to Son, which was awful.
If both strikers are off form, we are in big big trouble.

Arsenal are dreadful so what that makes us I dont like to think.
But Nuno bless, him must go quickly
That Arsenal team yesterday was very very different to the one he inherited don’t forget
I think 2 players in that starting line up we’re starting in the previous reign (TWO)

What we do need at Christmas - and what I'm sure we will buy- are two or three attacking players. I know everyone says that that window is a hard one in which to buy well, but without some new energy and impetus, I worry that we will gradually find ourselves in a relegation battle. We are not too good to go down. Son blasted wide yesterday when he should have scored. Kane should have shot but attempted a pass to Son, which was awful.
If both strikers are off form, we are in big big trouble.
It’s why we recruited a DOF to deal with this.

Beat me to it. I was fully expecting to open up the BBC Sport website and see the headlines. If it does not happen today I would say he has 2 big games coming up.

Minimum requirements must be - Nothing less than a win v Vitesse Arnhem (a draw is not good enough) and avoiding defeat at Everton.

Those two fixtures are followed by yet another international break. That could be the window Levy is waiting for

I think we should just keep him to the summer - use him to get rid of players in the summer so the new man has a clean slate in the summer.

Rumours are we’re going again for Conte. I mean, it would be a huge upgrade on Nuno, but why the hell didn’t we come to an agreement in the summer?! We’ll see, but it makes sense for Paratici pushing hard for him.

Back