• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham v Manchester United *****

If its either of them, Dele or Reguilon, he'd have been better keeping his mouth shut. You cannot say that a player isn't properly committed and play them or have them on the bench. You have to marginalise them. Put a kid on the bench or go with less subs than you are allowed.

By playing these guys and saying they aren't committed, he's basically making it acceptable to not be committed and signalling that he doesn't have the balls to make big decisions. An absolute shambles.

Totally agree with you, here. Seeing how he uses his substitutions, it wouldn't have been much of a sacrifice anyway. I think naming fewer subs than allowed would have been a real statement but, and that's probably why I resent him so much, Santo looks resigned to mediocrity. When things go awry, he doesn't even try to react or change anything. He just makes a couple of like-for-like substitutions and wait until the thrashing is over.

He doesn't have to set himself on fire to protest but I do expect a little more than a few mumblings during press conferences or, at the very least, an explanation of what he's trying to achieve. I'd say that his expactations are far from the fans' but he claimed yesterday that they weren't making the fans proud...

If its either of them, Dele or Reguilon, he'd have been better keeping his mouth shut. You cannot say that a player isn't properly committed and play them or have them on the bench. You have to marginalise them. Put a kid on the bench or go with less subs than you are allowed.

By playing these guys and saying they aren't committed, he's basically making it acceptable to not be committed and signalling that he doesn't have the balls to make big decisions. An absolute shambles.

Why do we not think it's Winks?
He wasn't in the squad today or on Wednesday...

We looked like this under Mourinho, only we had a motivated Kane to bail us out

We had Kane and Son working in tandem under Mourinho. Neither wanted him out. They broke the record for goals and assists for any duo ever under him.

Nuno couldn't motivate a wet blanket.

Of coure Winks is one of the players mentioned. I like the guy, but better for everyone if he moves on in Jan

To be fair to him, thought he tried his bollox off today, made a lot of challenges and covered a lot of ground. I do hope that whatever he did have to say, he said loudly in the dressing room.

I think you said you were at the game Deano?and if so I’ll take your word for it. Looking on the small screen I have to say I’m less and less impressed with him, not sure he’s all that great. Skipp had a mare for the second goal but he got a hospital pass from PEH. Even before that I thought both of them were off the pace today.

I think you said you were at the game Deano?and if so I’ll take your word for it. Looking on the small screen I have to say I’m less and less impressed with him, not sure he’s all that great. Skipp had a mare for the second goal but he got a hospital pass from PEH. Even before that I thought both of them were off the pace today.

I do wonder if playing midweek and last sunday caught up with them somewhat..

I do wonder if playing midweek and last sunday caught up with them somewhat..

Maybe. Plus Utd had a free week.
But PEH/Skipp compared to Dembele/Wanyama kinda captures our decline in a nutshell for me.
Edit: I’m being unfair to Skipp, I like the look of him and he’s got time to develop.

Last edited:

Yeah was there. I may have it wrong but it struck me he was trying and he was throwing in quite a few tackles. He wasn't great by any means but he was a lot less brick than 4-5 others I thought and I did think he tried.

Good point on the pass to Skipp though. Didn't cop it until I saw it on MOTD. Skipps first touch though? Christ, I think I could have done better and I can trap a ball further than I can kick it.

For those in the South Stand, was it just me or did Hugo, Dier and Kane get booed out of it at full time when they went to applaud the fans. I'm not talking the boos on the whistle, it was a little after that when they approached the crowd the booing seemed to intensify.

For those in the South Stand, was it just me or did Hugo, Dier and Kane get booed out of it at full time when they went to applaud the fans. I'm not talking the boos on the whistle, it was a little after that when they approached the crowd the booing seemed to intensify.
I’d gone so can’t can’t comment
I left on 90

Back