• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I think today was a pretty good example that they actually do! All came from Ronaldo, Bruno and Cavani, 3 top top class players. Otherwise they weren't anything special. We're just dogbrick, and their top players delivered, ours did not.
Kane is useless, and is useless for us. He won't turn up until he sods off to another club.
I think you could see that we play like a pub team
That made their ex world class players look decent without having to actually do much

All the decisions today came across as knee-jerk and muddled and the dying Decisions of floundering coach.

The thing is any decent coach is going to be in a job. Scott Parker or Potter are not going to up sticks now. Plus you look worse not giving a new manager a fair crack. The biggest problem is that Nuno is basically Mourinho light. There is more passing and progressive play than under Mourinho, but in essence, it is the same playbook. The problems we had under Mourinho we have now. The way we gave up possession time and again first half, and helped out a shakey united, by giving them the ball back constantly - a rerun of so many Mourinho performances.

For me the core problem is we try to break fast, and attempt passes that are not there. Either the movement is not good enough or the pass isn't. That is the fundamental issue. When we force passes that are not on, we hand back initiative on a plate. And as we're playing quite deep, this all occurs too close to our goal. It was the problem under Mourinho and its the problem now.

Pathetic. Needed us not to be pathetic. No signs of sorting out underlying issues. No plan. No bravery.

This needs fixing rather quickly for Nuno to keep his job I think.
First home match in a while, against a nervous team under huge pressure, with an inexperienced manager.

If there was ever a time to go at a team and put them under pressure that was it.

With respect that is such a reactionary response, they’re above us so must have a better squad!

Getting a back up number 9 I totally agree with by the way. That aside, I call flimflam!

swap managers with Brighton and let’s see where each team is!

On the contrary, I have watched them for a while. Note that I talked about the balance of the squad and strength in certain positions. The Spurs squad is in the middle of a much needed revamp but we are so light in certain areas.

I don’t think we have to be looking for Xavi just a Parker or the like
Bit there all employed

as I said to the lads earlier…. Name the 3 best managers in the world and it’s Pep, Klopp and now Tuchel
Some said Poch which did get a look… some added Ancelloti and a few said the Bayern manager but couldn’t even remember his name
We need the next man
There is a very obvious candidate in Potter
ten hag too
gallardo could be anything

I don’t think we have to be looking for Xavi just a Parker or the like
Someone who can coach an attacking side would do. Stodgy defensive play only gets you so far and as soon as the results drop we aren't going to be happy.

Bit there all employed

as I said to the lads earlier…. Name the 3 best managers in the world and it’s Pep, Klopp and now Tuchel
Some said Poch which did get a look… some added Ancelloti and a few said the Bayern manager but couldn’t even remember his name
We need the next man
There is a very obvious candidate in Potter
ten hag too
gallardo could be anything
Ten Hage would have to be a madman to leave Ajax to come here. What exactly are we offering that Ajax don't ready and what his likely next job won't offer? We're not in the CL, we don't appear to be on the cusp of greatness, we are fairly middle of the road squad and quality wise.

Ten Hage would have to be a madman to leave Ajax to come here. What exactly are we offering that Ajax don't ready and what his likely next job won't offer? We're not in the CL, we don't appear to be on the cusp of greatness, we are fairly middle of the road squad and quality wise.
Hence my comment about the carrot
It’s got to be big and juicy
Right now it’s more like a pumpkin that we can offer

So they suggest, whoever chose him we want to ignore from now on
I don’t think we had an alternative who wanted to come here
Anyone looking from the outside can see an unbalanced squad (still) that needs more investments (again) and coaching
The latter they can control but to do so they would need some time and that simply doesn’t exist
If we had the players here it would be attractive
Tuchel turned around Chelsea in 2 weeks because the tools were there

The biggest problem is that Nuno is basically Mourinho light. There is more passing and progressive play than under Mourinho, but in essence, it is the same playbook. The problems we had under Mourinho we have now.

I agree with the rest of your analysis but there's a massive difference between Mourinho and Santo: the former has successfully coached some of the best players in the world. Who was very upset when he got the sack? Kane said so. There's been rumors of Son and Lloris not being too pleased either. Surprise, surprise, they're the closest thing we have from top-quality players. Santo's controlled attacking football is absolutely abject to watch and, more importantly, isn't suited to the players we have. Talk about a pragmatist.

It seems nobody can remember that Kane and Son formed one of the strongest attacking partnership in the world 12 months ago. There's nothing left of that and while it's obvious that Kane's situation hasn't helped, neither have Santo's tactics.

Back