• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham v Manchester United *****

We must stop overthinking this. Put Nuno out of his misery he must depressing everybody around the training ground. Put Masson in
Temporarily

It's been mentioned elsewhere by someone, but I'd kill for a bit of Redknapp senior for the rest of the season. He'd cheer people up, wouldn't overcomplicate things and we'd actually be good to watch. Really not sure he'd go for it though. Nuno is a dead man walking, it was hard before today but that was a horrendous performance and the board won't be able to ignore the fact that half the fans left by the hour mark. Too much lost revenue on food and booze....

If we are making 2m from a boxing event but could make 70m from champs league participation it would make sense to improve the football side of things.

The stadium is a good side hustle no more.
If earning that extra 70m is going to cost 30m-50m with no guarantee of success then maybe it's not worth the risk....to a money man.

I do think Ndombele has a lot to answer for. He has let down 3 managers now. Poch needed a midfield, LeCelco got injured and Ndomebel was unfit.

Mourinho went the extra mile, coaching Ndombele himself in lockdown getting him fit. He even played him for just 60mins to get a tune from him. In the end he let Mourinho down and he dropped him.

Nuno tried to sell him. No takers and we lack someone with his skillset in midfield. Ndombele knuckled down, and Nuno did get him playing. But we need Ndombele playing week in and out to really get him doing well. If he didn't show up for training or walked about listlessly in training (or worse we don't know), he has now let Nuno down too.

To think we had the choice of signing Fernandez and ended up with LeCelco and Ndomble. Poch was an amazing coach, but pretty terrible with transfers imo.

What makes you think Ndombele didn't show up for training? Have you read something that stated that was the case?

9 shots off target 1 shot on target is a terrible statistic for a home side playing against a team that were humiliated at at home last week albeit from a team that are far superior to us

My mates have got it all wrong. They want to go for lunch at Hawksmoor, Ivy or Patty and bun.

I just want to go to the Bill Nich look at some flange and get on the yayo.
On way back from Stratford now. Was great to see my mates I sit with, but cant say was great to watch Spurs. My GHod we are bad. Really really bad and making United look like erm Liverpool? I think Cavani playing and Ronaldo deep was a great tactic from Ole.

Nuno did nothing.

We went to five guys by the way.

Clapped and bowed when Ronaldo the legend scored. He's so good, but equally Davies is so bad.

See Nuno's pre-match comments.
'I wish all the players were equally committed'
I missed post match conference but was that directed at Ndombele or in reaction to a question about him? Seems strange if that's his stance but then he brought him on in the 2nd half anyway...could that be about Kane? Many would speculate in that direction as well...

Nuno is clueless and there are signs he is losing control. He made a big statement in his press conference yet didn't back it up. Those who were dropped sat on the bench and still played a part. You can't have players who, by your own admission, aren't committed and allow them in the squad. When Poch did it, from memory, he took the big decisions and got rid. Nuno talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.

That doesn't ring any bells? It's the 90s all over again. Once West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine get into the billionaires' club, we'll be back to chasing a Top6 spot that we'll never reach. We're a million miles away from Champions League football at the moment. Our only saving grace is that we've managed to win five games despite playing some horrible football but the season's over for us, unless Santo has it in him to completely turn it around, which I don't believe for a second.

Writing the season off wouldn't be a problem for me, if a) we were building something - wich is obviously not the case as nobody truly believes Santo will last more than a season or two, at most, b) we were enjoying ourselves watching this team lose every other game.

If we had a Martinez type of manager, ie a guy who's far from world-class but who, at least, is able to put an attacking plan together, this season would probably be the same trophy-wise but we'd get some entertainment. At the moment, we look like Mourinho's team with another DM and without the attacking freedom. Or, to put it differently, we look like a team looking to play on the break without the speed or the freedom necessary to do so successfully. Great.

That doesn't ring any bells? It's the 90s all over again. Once West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine get into the billionaires' club, we'll be back to chasing a Top6 spot that we'll never reach. We're a million miles away from Champions League football at the moment. Our only saving grace is that we've managed to win five games despite playing some horrible football but the season's over for us, unless Santo has it in him to completely turn it around, which I don't believe for a second.

Writing the season off wouldn't be a problem for me, if a) we were building something - wich is obviously not the case as nobody truly believes Santo will last more than a season or two, at most, b) we were enjoying ourselves watching this team lose every other game.

If we had a Martinez type of manager, ie a guy who's far from world-class but who, at least, is able to put an attacking plan together, this season would probably be the same trophy-wise but we'd get some entertainment. At the moment, we look like Mourinho's team with another DM and without the attacking freedom. Or, to put it differently, we look like a team looking to play on the break without the speed or the freedom necessary to do so successfully. Great.

Very good post. Agree with every word. Today is the first time in 17 years I've looked at us and thought "we aren't a top 6 side". I've not felt this disillusioned with our team since Pleat.

I missed post match conference but was that directed at Ndombele or in reaction to a question about him? Seems strange if that's his stance but then he brought him on in the 2nd half anyway...could that be about Kane? Many would speculate in that direction as well...

If its either of them, Dele or Reguilon, he'd have been better keeping his mouth shut. You cannot say that a player isn't properly committed and play them or have them on the bench. You have to marginalise them. Put a kid on the bench or go with less subs than you are allowed.

By playing these guys and saying they aren't committed, he's basically making it acceptable to not be committed and signalling that he doesn't have the balls to make big decisions. An absolute shambles.

I completely forgot we were playing.

Thought it was tomorrow.

This will be accused of being knee jerk but isn't as I have not watched it. But I honestly think we will be pulled into a relegation contest soon. Don't think we will go down but we will get pulled into it.
I did think the same. But we are still 7th so i think it'll be ok.

I mean, I don't envy Nuno coming into this club trying to steer the ship, I think anyone would struggle, but so many things just not working in his favor. He's just not the guy. Who is though? Let's say we hire Potter - he wouldn't be able to work magic within a couple of months either.

Redknapp for the rest of the season. :p
Steve Bruce is available

It's been mentioned elsewhere by someone, but I'd kill for a bit of Redknapp senior for the rest of the season. He'd cheer people up, wouldn't overcomplicate things and we'd actually be good to watch. Really not sure he'd go for it though. Nuno is a dead man walking, it was hard before today but that was a horrendous performance and the board won't be able to ignore the fact that half the fans left by the hour mark. Too much lost revenue on food and booze....
Just open the bars at 60mins - get an extra half hour drinking time out of people!

Back