• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Be better if we had the question too with the answer

I take it he's not having a great time watching our games or, at least, that he doesn't feel there is much to be proud of. Which, I think, is a tad harsh: I find the football abject but the results are fairly decent and, honestly, better than I expected. It would be interesting to compare the first 9 league games of 2021/22 against the last 9 games of 2020/21.

I take it he's not having a great time watching our games or, at least, that he doesn't feel there is much to be proud of. Which, I think, is a tad harsh: I find the football abject but the results are fairly decent and, honestly, better than I expected. It would be interesting to compare the first 9 league games of 2021/22 against the last 9 games of 2020/21.
Here you go
B0915136-CB9E-4C19-909B-79A912359FBC.jpeg

2 draws, 3 defeats, 4 wins and 2 clean sheets

Nuno is obviously not getting a positive response from some.
He may need to change his methods.
Nuno need everybody onboard, he can Ill afford some going missing in our current predicament

Last edited:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59092474

Seems he is less than impressed by some players.

Groaned a bit when I saw the headline on rte.ie as I thought "brick, he's gone full Jose" already. But read the quotes and I think it's a pretty brave move and could be crucial for him.

He's clearly facing down Winks and Alli who seem to be two big personalities in our dressing room. I think he's got to leave them out entirely today because this message is more important for the other players than Winks and Alli. This could show that Nuno won't take brick and lay down a marker.

It should end Winks and Alli at the club unless there is a Pauline conversion in their attitude.

Interesting development. But it has to start with neither being involved today or this will do more damage than good.

The difficulty this could give Nuno is around Harry Kane. I don’t believe he was talking about Kane. However, every fan I speak to and some pundits are talking about his lack of commitment. If the players, or some of them, have the same perception of Kane and he keeps getting picked while Dele and Winks are marginalised, that will completely undermine Nuno.

It’s a brave move but it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

The difficulty this could give Nuno is around Harry Kane. I don’t believe he was talking about Kane. However, every fan I speak to and some pundits are talking about his lack of commitment. If the players, or some of them, have the same perception of Kane and he keeps getting picked while Dele and Winks are marginalised, that will completely undermine Nuno.

It’s a brave move but it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Well thats fine, but we won three with dele and no kane. Kane comes back, is straight into the team even after dingdonging the club around for months, results go south and dele gets dropped.
Kane retains armband when hugo isn't playing.
Not saying that its all as simple as that, but also not sure my commitment would be that great tbh.

Well thats fine, but we won three with dele and no kane. Kane comes back, is straight into the team even after dingdonging the club around for months, results go south and dele gets dropped.
Kane retains armband when hugo isn't playing.
Not saying that its all as simple as that, but also not sure my commitment would be that great tbh.

This seems to get bandied around a lot as fact. Kane came on against Wolves, did well, and started against Watford. Not saying your core point doesn't have value but it shows the power of narrative that something like the above becomes gospel amongst the fan base.

I do wonder sometimes it Harry has a "fitness allowing must play" clause in his contract because he never gets dropped and never gets taken off no matter how bad he is. He is a world class talent but at times he's been the obvious one to come off and it never happens.

This seems to get bandied around a lot as fact. Kane came on against Wolves, did well, and started against Watford. Not saying your core point doesn't have value but it shows the power of narrative that something like the above becomes gospel amongst the fan base.

I do wonder sometimes it Harry has a "fitness allowing must play" clause in his contract because he never gets dropped and never gets taken off no matter how bad he is. He is a world class talent but at times he's been the obvious one to come off and it never happens.

I'm not calling anyone player out, or defending any.
There three players in our squad that have been here too long and for various reasons it was time they were moved.
Mostly its not their fault, but its not being handled well by them or the club.

Team not good enough, squad not good enough, management not good enough.
We’ve a Far better squad than Brighton, yet they are above us and deservedly so. We chose a dud, boring, negative, like for like manager. Big mistake that we’re paying for now.

i hope Levy acts soon because it won’t get better under this manager. Nothing in his CV suggests it will.

Back