• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Watches

I’ve got another 2 en route from China
You need to get rid of one or buy one more, my OCD can’t abide a non uniform watch formation!:D

Will you only buy reps from now on or is there anything you’d splash out on the real thing for?

You need to get rid of one or buy one more, my OCD can’t abide a non uniform watch formation!

Will you only buy reps from now on or is there anything you’d splash out on the real thing for?
I think I'm done with the amount of reps I currently have, lots for every occasion and outfit !!
Once I've saved for a house deposit and moved in I will treat myself to another real one

Don’t suppose any of you could recommmend a decent quality kit for adjusting metal watch straps?

As I got a Citizen automatic wristacoch with a titanium strap but couldn’t be bothered with faff of visiting a jewellers just to have a few links removed and so purchased a kit from Amazon for a tenner to do the job myself.

Only took a few minutes (with help from YouTube guides) to adjust the strap to my liking, however it seems that whatever Chinese sweatshop this gear was manufactured in doesn’t follow the Nickel Directive as my skin was itching like I’d held some nettles soon afterwards.

I gather that Bergeon are a well regarded brand so will invest in one of their watchmaker’s hammers for £20 (at least the handle is wooden and looks like it’s got bit more weight to it which should come in handy when dealing with stubbornly collared link pins) but I cannot find any Swiss-made pin punches for a reasonable price on Amazon or eBay; or at least something manufactured in UK / Europe which won’t have large amounts of pesky nickel.

Don’t suppose any of you could recommmend a decent quality kit for adjusting metal watch straps?

As I got a Citizen automatic wristacoch with a titanium strap but couldn’t be bothered with faff of visiting a jewellers just to have a few links removed and so purchased a kit from Amazon for a tenner to do the job myself.

Only took a few minutes (with help from YouTube guides) to adjust the strap to my liking, however it seems that whatever Chinese sweatshop this gear was manufactured in doesn’t follow the Nickel Directive as my skin was itching like I’d held some nettles soon afterwards.

I gather that Bergeon are a well regarded brand so will invest in one of their watchmaker’s hammers for £20 (at least the handle is wooden and looks like it’s got bit more weight to it which should come in handy when dealing with stubbornly collared link pins) but I cannot find any Swiss-made pin punches for a reasonable price on Amazon or eBay; or at least something manufactured in UK / Europe which won’t have large amounts of pesky nickel.
I literally take it to a jewellers to do as it's just too fiddly

I literally take it to a jewellers to do as it's just too fiddly

I did take my previous watch (a Skagen titanium hybrid for everyday use) to local Timpson branch but saw how straightforward it was and thought I can do that myself.

Didn’t realise that Citizen watches have pins with collars (instead of split pins) until after I'd lost a collar though!

Bought this from China on the recommendation of @markysimmo . It was more a tester of the quality as I have a real one and wanted to compare. Apart from the strap being a tad thinner in thickness it’s identical. Obviously I can’t comment on the movement as of yet but all in all I’d struggle to tell the difference

Those are impressive looking Chinese copies but I dare not risk one as bound to have pesky nickel in the steel.

Quite liking my new open heart Citizen titanium at least.

20211030_124316.jpg

I suffer with nickel burn, and so far I’ve been fine. But then we’re all different!

Last edited:
Back