• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I agree with the general jist of the article, but there's couple points i don't agrree on.
no point trying to get best out of Kane, he doesn't want to give it. I've seen several articles now with mention of the first three games and Kane, not one have them has mentioned that he did not play in those games.
Stop banging on about Eriksen and the hole he left. He's been away for two(?) years and his style isn't the only way. There is other ways to play and open up defences. Move on fgs!

I agree with the general jist of the article, but there's couple points i don't agrree on.
no point trying to get best out of Kane, he doesn't want to give it. I've seen several articles now with mention of the first three games and Kane, not one have them has mentioned that he did not play in those games.
Stop banging on about Eriksen and the hole he left. He's been away for two(?) years and his style isn't the only way. There is other ways to play and open up defences. Move on fgs!

Agree about ERiksen...but we do need a creator in attack

It could have done with a bit more context around timing of the managers … Ole has had time and shown NO progress
Nuno has had no time at all and people want him binned

Agree. But the

"inability to build a side based on the highly-structured possession football which is a staple of success at this level"

"a man trapped between the way he knows how to play and the way he is expected to play"

"Both squads are under-coached, less than the sum of their parts and reliant on individualism in the final third, so the contest may be decided by a series of individual battles, rather than grand tactical plans"

bits, which are most pertinent, are about his style/approach, not the amount of time he's had.

Santo has always been an organised defence, boot it up to flashy guys and see what they can do, type of coach. Much like his predecessor. If anything Solskjaer is fighting against Mourinho's legacy, while Santo is continuity of it (just coming from a much nicer guy).

Agree. But the

"inability to build a side based on the highly-structured possession football which is a staple of success at this level"

"a man trapped between the way he knows how to play and the way he is expected to play"

"Both squads are under-coached, less than the sum of their parts and reliant on individualism in the final third, so the contest may be decided by a series of individual battles, rather than grand tactical plans"

bits, which are most pertinent, are about his style/approach, not the amount of time he's had.

Santo has always been an organised defence, boot it up to flashy guys and see what they can do, type of coach. Much like his predecessor. If anything Solskjaer is fighting against Mourinho's legacy, while Santo is continuity of it (just coming from a much nicer guy).
Not really
The sample size is 9 league games here
You really are only commenting on his time at Wolves and not the other clubs he managed with your statements
I mean what you have described is NOT how he played in Spain for example

Back