• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Stephen Wiltshire looks like a genuine or very very talented person. Or are you going to say anyone who excels at something suddenly has a condition.

Don't even get me started on ADHD utter rubbish for people with poor diets who have not had enough exercise.

ME is another one, lazy buggers who do not want to get out of bed.

I was in a relationship with someone who had ME. It’s heartbreaking as it is debilitating. If you are interested in opening your world view up, this is a great documentary;

I was hoping for a 50% capital gains tax on Crypto back dated 12 months.:p

Not sure that would be legal backdating a tax like that.

The country should welcome the crypto verse into everyday life which is why this government won't do it. Capital gains tax is a deterrent to growth. Growth is what will pay for all the essential services we need.

I was in a relationship with someone who had ME. It’s heartbreaking as it is debilitating. If you are interested in opening your world view up, this is a great documentary;

I did a story on an ME sufferer. Before it struck her she was one of the livelier, more active people you could imagine...I agree. It is heart-breaking. Nearly as much as knowing some think they're scamming something (what I am not sure)...

In the 80's every other mixed up kid suffered from an eating disorder, in the 90's it was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and now it is self mutilation. I never hear anything of the first two anymore. What happened? The mass hysteria moved on to the next thing.

I did a story on an ME sufferer. Before it struck her she was one of the livelier, more active people you could imagine...I agree. It is heart-breaking. Nearly as much as knowing some think they're scamming something (what I am not sure)...

Some can be a product of lifestyle for sure, I played football with a lad who was hyper, body of an Adonis who was also a broker and loved his coke, basically burnt out from a combination of Gym, Work, Lifestyle

In the 80's every other mixed up kid suffered from an eating disorder, in the 90's it was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and now it is self mutilation. I never hear anything of the first two anymore. What happened? The mass hysteria moved on to the next thing.

You obviously don’t work in a school if you haven’t heard of eating disorders lately - it remains a real problem, for teenage girls in particular (although the advent of social media has seen cases rise considerably in young men over the past decade).

We have 4 pupils currently under the care of the local chronic fatigue service, and one member of staff. It certainly hasn’t disappeared either.

You obviously don’t work in a school if you haven’t heard of eating disorders lately - it remains a real problem, for teenage girls in particular (although the advent of social media has seen cases rise considerably in young men over the past decade).

We have 4 pupils currently under the care of the local chronic fatigue service, and one member of staff. It certainly hasn’t disappeared either.

Actually I do and have done for the last 35 years. Do they still exist? Of course but nowhere near the levels of the 80's. What about chronic fatigue? What happened? Every other kid had it back in the 90's. True story. A senior female student in my Lit class claimed to have chronic fatigue, could not possibly do any assessments on time because she was bed ridden. Got extensions for everything. Until late, late one Saturday night when my mates and I had a big session and ordered some takeaway. Guess who answered the phone. Ha, ha. So what is the answer? Some kids have these problems but many are also bunging it on to get attention.

Capital Gains tax is a terrible concept.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if the entrepreneurial relief were limitless.

The format is completely ridiculous, I could make 10 crypto trades, lose on 9 of them and one goes mental and makes 100K. You can't offset the 9 losers, basically you take all the risk and when you get lucky the government says thank you very much pass me my piece.

The format is completely ridiculous, I could make 10 crypto trades, lose on 9 of them and one goes mental and makes 100K. You can't offset the 9 losers, basically you take all the risk and when you get lucky the government says thank you very much pass me my piece.
Or you can spend a lifetime building a business, paying corporation tax, NI, rates, income tax on any earnings and distributions, employing people, buying machinery, etc and when it's time to retire, get whacked again when you sell.

Or you can spend a lifetime building a business, paying corporation tax, NI, rates, income tax on any earnings and distributions, employing people, buying machinery, etc and when it's time to retire, get whacked again when you sell.
Now this is bad, akin to the building of personal wealth and the final insult of 40% iht on anything above the threshold all of which you would have paid a myriad of taxes on to be left with.

I think it became whiplash in car accidents for a little while around the turn of the century.

I lost track of it around 10 years ago, but I think the new version is "I need to work from home to improve my work life balance"

Back