• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS vs Vitesse

AjaxDeSuperYids

Drama queen
Again I prove I am the master.

https://www.skysports.com/football/vitesse-arnhem-vs-tottenham-hotspur/preview/457569

I want to see todays eleven and the senior coaching staff and manager kept in London working towards the wham game.

The team for the ucl game should be gollini, sanchez, rodon, davies, tanganga, winks, lo celso, dele, gil, bergwijn, scarlett.

And the ‘manager’ can be whoever takes the u23s or the womens team manager can be in charge.

Please all kindly transfer everything you own to me at your earliest convenience.

I'm fine with none of players that started vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine travel, but instead stay and prepare for West Ham. Should be able to field a decent team anyway.

+1 However, I think the manager should always travel out of respect for the players and club. If some senior coaches stay home though then no worries.

We're reaching a point now where the "reserves" are battling for a place in the first team. Lo Celso, Gil, Tanganga, Rodon and Bergwijn must be closest to the 1st eleven (Lo Celso pretty much already there), so hopefully they can put in good performances to keep that pressure up.

Pleased with the news that none of the XI from Newcasle are going, not expecting much in terms of result or performance. Who ever plays it will be a Spurs XI but not a team and they will struggle against a team who play together regularly.

So something like this then:

----------------------Gollini------------------------

---Tanganga---Sanchez---Rodon---Davies----

---------------Winks--------Lo Celso-----------

---------Gil-----------Dele----------Bergwijn----

----------------------Scarlett---------------------

Thats not too much of a risk IMO. 9 internationals in the team. A bigger risk would be taking the 11 from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game away to Holland when we have a tough fixture on Sunday

Even if we lose, we can still top the group by beating Vitesse at home, Mura and then Rennes

So something like this then:

----------------------Gollini------------------------

---Tanganga---Sanchez---Rodon---Davies----

---------------Winks--------Lo Celso-----------

---------Gil-----------Dele----------Bergwijn----

----------------------Scarlett---------------------

Thats not too much of a risk IMO. 9 internationals in the team. A bigger risk would be taking the 11 from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game away to Holland when we have a tough fixture on Sunday

Even if we lose, we can still top the group by beating Vitesse at home, Mura and then Rennes
The players are good enough. The problem is that they are not used to playing together. But there should be enough quality in there to get a result.

If people are happy about us resting the whole team then they can’t complain about the performance or even the result. Almost every time we play a ‘reserve’ team in any cup competition we play rubbish which is understandable when they never play together and if lucky show a few moments of quality to get the result.

Vitesse are a useful team, and its unlikely to be an easy night with our disjointed side…..

If people are happy about us resting the whole team then they can’t complain about the performance or even the result. Almost every time we play a ‘reserve’ team in any cup competition we play rubbish which is understandable when they never play together and if lucky show a few moments of quality to get the result.

Vitesse are a useful team, and its unlikely to be an easy night with our disjointed side…..

I think thats fair and you're right that people shoudnt complain if the performance or result arent great. However its a question of prioritisation

We always have the Rennes game as a get out if we lose this one

In my view, its important that we play 4-2-3-1 and the line up which I posted above is round pegs in round holes

You know that they will though.

Why not? Vitesse consists of relative unknowns even compared to our 2nd stringers that feature a number of internationals. They are quite a young and hence inexperienced team too and I read here that the 7 transfer-ins were all loans and free transfers: https://us.soccerway.com/teams/netherlands/sbv-vitesse/1530/transfers/

if our second stringers can't do better than them then its clear evidence we lack quality depth.

Last edited:

No complaints from me regardless of the result. We have to prioritise competitions. Can’t play our strongest team in every single game I’m afraid.

Why not? Vitesse consists of relative unknowns even compared to our 2nd stringers that feature a number of internationals. They are quite a young and hence inexperienced team too and I read here that the 7 transfer-ins were all loans and free transfers: https://us.soccerway.com/teams/netherlands/sbv-vitesse/1530/transfers/

if our second stringers can't do better than them then its clear evidence we lack quality depth.

If Dele doesn't play our attack/midfield have 7 goals between them for Spurs, that seem clear evidence that we have little goal threat from them add that to the fact that they will never have played a competitive game together and little time to practice anything other than a disjointed struggle would be amazing, individually there will be quality but not teamwork which can get you buy in games like this.

If Dele doesn't play our attack/midfield have 7 goals between them for Spurs, that seem clear evidence that we have little goal threat from them add that to the fact that they will never have played a competitive game together and little time to practice anything other than a disjointed struggle would be amazing, individually there will be quality but not teamwork which can get you buy in games like this.
playing together - that's nuno and his staff getting them together. Hope Nuno's played like first 11 vs next 11 in prep for games like this. Mostly likely the way to bed in any system and prep for subs. If our second stringers can't understand how to play together then we the focus shifts to Nuno.

Interesting regarding their transfers.

Your last point about our second string is exactly why people throw their toys out of their pram with that thinking. Yes our second string on paper is better, but when you put a team together that never play they rarely perform well as a team. The most likely outcome is a poor to average team performance and one or two moments of quality seeing us through for the win. And that’s not a Spurs thing, it’s a football thing in general when a team completely changes. It’s not impossible they gel, but history tells you the odds are it’s not going to be a great team performance.

Also, Rennes who are a good team only beat them 2-1 so we would do very well to make it an easy game…..

I understand the point you are making, however how many times have we heard that said about a lot of so called second teams that we have sent out over the years ( in various cup games) that have failed to do a decent ( let alone good) job. Throwing players together that have rarely played together before usually ends up with a poor performance.

I hope this time they do well.

Interesting regarding their transfers.

Your last point about our second string is exactly why people throw their toys out of their pram with that thinking. Yes our second string on paper is better, but when you put a team together that never play they rarely perform well as a team. The most likely outcome is a poor to average team performance and one or two moments of quality seeing us through for the win. And that’s not a Spurs thing, it’s a football thing in general when a team completely changes. It’s not impossible they gel, but history tells you the odds are it’s not going to be a great team performance.

Also, Rennes who are a good team only beat them 2-1 so we would do very well to make it an easy game…..
Can't argue with that. I'd be very happy with a draw tonight, especially if Scarlett gets on the scoresheet.

Still, a back 4 of Tanganga-Sanchez-Rodon-Davies will have had plenty of time together on the training pitch, and even on the actual pitch. Tanganga-Sanchez in the Prem and Rodon-Davies for Wales.

Winks, Lo Celso, Dele and Bergwijn should also be more than used to each others' games. We must have had those 4 on the pitch together in various league matches.

That leaves Scarlett, who needs to be able to play as a lone striker if he's ever going to get anywhere, and Gil, who's just a bloody exciting player.

It's for matches like these that we really need another senior centre forward. Vinicius would have been great at the right price.

Can't argue with that. I'd be very happy with a draw tonight, especially if Scarlett gets on the scoresheet.

Still, a back 4 of Tanganga-Sanchez-Rodon-Davies will have had plenty of time together on the training pitch, and even on the actual pitch. Tanganga-Sanchez in the Prem and Rodon-Davies for Wales.

Winks, Lo Celso, Dele and Bergwijn should also be more than used to each others' games. We must have had those 4 on the pitch together in various league matches.

That leaves Scarlett, who needs to be able to play as a lone striker if he's ever going to get anywhere, and Gil, who's just a bloody exciting player.

It's for matches like these that we really need another senior centre forward. Vinicius would have been great at the right price.

If anything this second string is quite good. We've never had so many internationals on the bench. Its aslo due to the fact that our first eleven has gotten worse (especially Dele), the gap between first team and second on paper has never been so slim. So can we finally say we have good depth? (except for a good backup striker)

playing together - that's nuno and his staff getting them together. Hope Nuno's played like first 11 vs next 11 in prep for games like this. Mostly likely the way to bed in any system and prep for subs. If our second stringers can't understand how to play together then we the focus shifts to Nuno.

As a theory it sounds good but in practice it doesnt hold water, practice games are for getting the first team right not the other XI, there will not be the intensity of a real game or crowd and officals who influence games. Good teams work well because the players know each other and know where players want the ball and their strengths, this is built up over many games, you cant replicate that. The guys who play aren't good enough to be in the first team and to except them to win away in Europe (something we struggle with) is optimistic, particularly when many of them are struggling with form or confidence. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Back