• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Has anyone seen vaccine passports in operation? I've been to a few places that have required them (mainly the Academy chain of venues). It's an absolute joke.

Basically they create enormous queues while everyone faffs around with their print outs or phones. Then when you get to the door the bouncers just wave you through if you've got anything that half resembles a QR code (the back of Tescos club card works fine). So that's already a level of unsustainable queueing, just for the lightest of touch of implementation. If they ever bothered to try and scan them, or even still checked the name against photo ID, no one is getting in anywhere (and everyone just goes back to raves and house parties instead).

Has anyone seen vaccine passports in operation? I've been to a few places that have required them (mainly the Academy chain of venues). It's an absolute joke.

Basically they create enormous queues while everyone faffs around with their print outs or phones. Then when you get to the door the bouncers just wave you through if you've got anything that half resembles a QR code (the back of Tescos club card works fine). So that's already a level of unsustainable queueing, just for the lightest of touch of implementation. If they ever bothered to try and scan them, or even still checked the name against photo ID, no one is getting in anywhere (and everyone just goes back to raves and house parties instead).
Complete and utter waste of time
I've been asked once at Spurs, once they did ask and I said no and walked on, they didn't stop me

If they do spot checks and a few venues are threatened with losing their licence it will change. Yes you might have to queue for a bit longer but is it really much different than checking age?

The alternative could be that they close again. I doubt it will come to that but it's possible.

If they do spot checks and a few venues are threatened with losing their licence it will change. Yes you might have to queue for a bit longer but is it really much different than checking age?

The alternative could be that they close again. I doubt it will come to that but it's possible.

Two bouncers trying to implement it with several hundred people, most of whom have been drinking for several hours, queuing in the tinkling rain and cold?

It's either going to cause public order problems or a mass abandonment of licenced premises for unlicensed ones (to the cost of business and the tax man).

It was always a threat just to get twentysomethings vaccinated. There's no way it can practically function. Its just become a bit of blackmail for people who would never go into those environments to throw around

Two bouncers trying to implement it with several hundred people, most of whom have been drinking for several hours, queuing in the tinkling rain and cold?

It's either going to cause public order problems or a mass abandonment of licenced premises for unlicensed ones (to the cost of business and the tax man).

It was always a threat just to get twentysomethings vaccinated. There's no way it can practically function. Its just become a bit of blackmail for people who would never go into those environments to throw around

It's worked in european countries.

There's a lot to unpack here but it has become increasingly difficult to find balanced folk on Corona expert twitter. I've pushed towards the pure data folk slowly as that's where you get a balanced view.

The biggest irk I have is when they prematurely claim vaccine escape by a new variant and cause mass hysteria. Its dangerous and damaging. And it has not been true yet.

The government need to shut the borders before introducing any additional restrictions on it’s residents.

The 10 million people who visited in 2020 were not at all helpful. And the singular failure to red list India gave us a delta variant spike this spring/summer.

Quite honestly they can go f themselves otherwise.

And what is more. That ten percent who have consistently fudged us all over by failing observe restrictions and then failing to get jabs can sit in those crowded nhs corridors all together this winter and reflect on their choices.

Using Europe as a whole is a bit misleading. Eastern european countries like russia have massive vaccine hesitancy. If we compare the uk to most western european countries our deaths per million at the moment is higher.

As you said in your later post it is difficult to get a clear picture. Media in the uk are only interested in selling stories, throw in political agenda it gets even murkier. Add to that the fact is we are in the unknown. There isn't a moddler or scientist on the planet that can say for certainty how this will go.

Using Europe as a whole is a bit misleading. Eastern european countries like russia have massive vaccine hesitancy. If we compare the uk to most western european countries our deaths per million at the moment is higher.

As you said in your later post it is difficult to get a clear picture. Media in the uk are only interested in selling stories, throw in political agenda it gets even murkier. Add to that the fact is we are in the unknown. There isn't a moddler or scientist on the planet that can say for certainty how this will go.

Yes agreed. But it does help balance the convo against the lockdown obsessives.

Yes agreed. But it does help balance the convo against the lockdown obsessives.

Fair enough. Just think we need a clear picture of whats going on. This is something that effects us all massively. The media have been absolutely shocking in this.

It's half term next week i believe so we should see a drop in cases. Winter obviously puts a lot of strain on the nhs in good times. This won't be as bad as last year (due to vaccination) and hopefully flu will be low again as many around the world are still social distancing and wearing masks. But another lockdown is very unlikely.

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like another lockdown is inevitable. The media and scientists will start calling for lockdown, the government will initially resist and say we won’t lock down again but will eventually give in to the constant pressure and lockdown in December. I hope I’m wrong.

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like another lockdown is inevitable. The media and scientists will start calling for lockdown, the government will initially resist and say we won’t lock down again but will eventually give in to the constant pressure and lockdown in December. I hope I’m wrong.

Not so sure about lockdown (depending what that means/what form it takes) but I'm pretty sure we'll have mandatory mask wearing in shops, indoor venues, public transport, some element of social distancing, and recommended wfh all by end of November/early December. The threat of a vaccine passport for clubs and large events will continue to be wielded to "encourage" uptake of the vaccine and the booster where applicable. But things would have to be extremely desperate for the government to 'cancel' Christmas again. If they do, there will be more bubbles than baubles, as many people will largely ignore it.

The media may call for it, but won't happen. People got their shot now they want to get on with it. There are currently 7891 people in hospital with covid and that number has been relatively flat since july. The last time we went into lock down the number was almost 40,000. So unless something drastically changes we're not locking down again.

The media are jumping on the number of cases. Which is a bit meaningless. As vaccination has made it no worse than a cold for the vast majority. For those unvaccinated? We'll they're goi g to get it sooner or later. They've made their choice (those not immunocompromised). For the immunocompromised, the sooner everyones has had it the sooner they can stop shielding.

I've had the opposite experience - venue checked name on ticket and passport.
It involved switching between two tabs on my phone - quick and easy.
If it's taking longer, I'm just going to say that maybe the process isn't the issue.

Back