• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

We’ve also roostered up the roll out to 12 - 15 year olds (ie not really started it).

Think there’s a low take up in that Bracket.

Mixed messaging on 12-15 year olds. JCVI say no but Government/CMO say yes to vaccinating that age bracket. Whitty said there’s only a marginal benefit for that age group. One reason was because of disruption to school.

I don’t think that’s going to have parents rush out and give their kids the jab.

Think there’s a low take up in that Bracket.

Mixed messaging on 12-15 year olds. JCVI say no but Government/CMO say yes to vaccinating that age bracket. Whitty said there’s only a marginal benefit for that age group. One reason was because of disruption to school.

I don’t think that’s going to have parents rush out and give their kids the jab.

I teach. It’s taken off in our school since the end of last week. From 3 active cases last Thursday we’ve now got 50+ today. More disruption to pupils’ learning and a spread into family homes, and then the wider community.

We’re potentially sleepwalking into another very difficult situation.

I teach. It’s taken off in our school since the end of last week. From 3 active cases last Thursday we’ve now got 50+ today. More disruption to pupils’ learning and a spread into family homes, and then the wider community.

We very well could be. I’m not doubting cases in schools. I was pointing out there’s a mixed message with regards to vaccinating that age group.

So I can see why there maybe a low take up in that age bracket.

Also it’s very timely that Neil Ferguson has been sounding the alarm today.Talking about further winter restrictions on the day the Government are voting on the extension of the Covid Act.

Just keep them in school - then there's no disruption.

Exactly, just get the fudge on with it now
The city is thriving again I love it

Because we haven’t cracked on with booster jabs, vaccinating 12-15 year olds, and kept simple measures in place, there is real potential that the NHS will come under pressure it can’t handle over winter. If that happens, we’re back where we’ve been before, and there won’t be an alternative other than to bring in measures again.

It’ll be pretty clear if we arrive at that position who will shoulder the vast majority of the blame.

Because we haven’t cracked on with booster jabs, vaccinating 12-15 year olds, and kept simple measures in place, there is real potential that the NHS will come under pressure it can’t handle over winter. If that happens, we’re back where we’ve been before, and there won’t be an alternative other than to bring in measures again.

It’ll be pretty clear if we arrive at that position who will shoulder the vast majority of the blame.
Mikey mate the winter is coming
The NHS comes under pressure every year in winter and always will do, nothing will ever change

Cases are going up hospital admissions are pretty flat. Cases among children went up quite steeply when schools reopened but are starting to fall now. It's probably going to be a little bit bumpy over the next couple of months. Lots of things going on, weather getting colders meaning doors and windows shut. Less vitamin d. Vaccines waning (at least for catching the virus), people still refusing the vaccines.
If it was up to me i'd add vit d to milk and bread as they do in Scandinavia in winter months to boost natural immunity. Also vaccine passports for mass events and night clubs. Booster shots available in chemists. At least az or janssen.

For the vast majority of people getting it now it's like a cold or asymptomatic. We're also testing about 5 times as much as other countries.
Also remember hospital admissions is not the same as people in hospital. Many people are going to hospital with covid because they can't get a face to face with their doctor. Most are sent home. Many of the people in hospital with covid are also not there for covid. But tested positive while going for other treatment. There is a lag between cases and hospital though.

Last edited:

So let's keep them all in school, gaining immunity now them.

I think the local authorities are struggling with logistics for kids vax but if you want them vaccinated you can get it done. I have sorted for my eligible oldest 2.

In terms of boosters, it's going fine.

Alot of talk about a new more transmissible variant is so far unsubstantiated.

And yesterday's numbers were high due to weekend lag. Use a 7 day average if you have ant integrity. It isn't good viewing but it's more honest that we aren't rocketing

Head line grabbing but doubt it will amount to much. Would be very interesting to see it in court though. Each side would have to provide evidence to support/condone the action/inaction. A judgement on how the pandemic should be handled. What governments knew. You might have things like ivermectin brought up.
He's a monster and deserves prison but I think you are right. It won't get too far. If all that comes from it is a further drop in his popularity then it was worth it none the less, IMO.

He's a monster and deserves prison but I think you are right. It won't get too far. If all that comes from it is a further drop in his popularity then it was worth it none the less, IMO.

Lula will tear him apart. He was the most popular leader of the 21st centuary (according to polling). The only reason he lost is because of trumped up charges of corruption where he was put in prison. Didn't even get to court it was thrown out. But it was done during the election so he couldn't run. Next year he can. Can't see america helping bolsanaro this time.

Back