• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

What I like about him is first and foremost he's a good defender. Not faultless if course but no one is. He's quick to break out but when defending is the course of the day he's happy to do it. An excellent signing by Mou.
Would you have him or Tierney?

I can't lie I like Tierney a lot, watched him when he was at Celtic and always thought we might go for him. I can't really seperate them tbh. I'm happy with Reggie is what I'll say. [emoji28]
Tierney for me is good going forward (although not spectacular) but not good enough defensively
Reggie has actually got better defensively
And I agree. For where we are at I think Reggie is a good fit

Reggie.
Tierney has been brought up on Irn Bru and deep fried Mars bars and Special Brew, he's only 24 but was out for 77 days with a hip injury, then 13 days with a hip injury, then 93 days with a hip injury.
Let's hope he is as tee total as Alan Hutton.

Toffee, tobacco and tonic water surely?

Tierney hasn’t been playing well recently. I think he has more on Reguilon in terms of attacking but is worse in defensive positioning. They both seem like good pros.

I see there are links today of madrid re-buying him next summer, which is the only remaining transfer window where they can do the buy back.

Mendy has been injured so much lately so they may want a quality alternative but it would cost them £43m. He’d also have to agree to go back.

If it does happen I hope Sessegnon is finally ready by then. Its a shame after a promising loan last season Sess is now constantly injured again.

Knee-jerk perhaps, but it's another defensive mistake from Reggie that leads to the corner and then the goal. I haven't counted - and I don't want to bash him because he's only 23 (24 now?) and will come good. But he has given away a lot of 100% chances in the last few months (and scored an own-goal to add) for an otherwise pretty solid defense.

Knee-jerk perhaps, but it's another defensive mistake from Reggie that leads to the corner and then the goal. I haven't counted - and I don't want to bash him because he's only 23 (24 now?) and will come good. But he has given away a lot of 100% chances in the last few months (and scored an own-goal to add) for an otherwise pretty solid defense.
But I’d be didn’t do the tackle before hand they had a chance on goal

But I’d be didn’t do the tackle before hand they had a chance on goal
Look, he's obviously also doing defensive things right. But he tends to give away big chances too easily, often in situations where really all he needs to do is boot it upfield. I've said this before - attacking-wise he is really important to the team, because he gives us creativity that we desparately need - the cross for the Kane header just before half-time the perfect example. But you cannot give away a ball in the position he surrenders it in for the Fornals chance. Surely you agree on that.

Look, he's obviously also doing defensive things right. But he tends to give away big chances too easily, often in situations where really all he needs to do is boot it upfield. I've said this before - attacking-wise he is really important to the team, because he gives us creativity that we desparately need - the cross for the Kane header just before half-time the perfect example. But you cannot give away a ball in the position he surrenders it in for the Fornals chance. Surely you agree on that.
It was partially as well though that there was no one anywhere near him so no one to easily pass off the ball to. He even had to make a difficult pass or try to beat the man himself which he is perfectly capable of.

Besides the goal then came from a corner that wasn't defended well.

It was partially as well though that there was no one anywhere near him so no one to easily pass off the ball to. He even had to make a difficult pass or try to beat the man himself which he is perfectly capable of.

Besides the goal then came from a corner that wasn't defended well.

Maybe beating your man on the edge of your own box works a few times in a game, even multiple times for someone with Reggie's skills. But losing it there for a defender, if only in 10% of the cases or less, is inexcusable. Hence Nuno's reprimand (I assume) when he got subbed off. And it happens too often for someone who is ultimately, despite all his attacking power, a member of an otherwise steady back four.

Maybe beating your man on the edge of your own box works a few times in a game, even multiple times for someone with Reggie's skills. But losing it there for a defender, if only in 10% of the cases or less, is inexcusable. Hence Nuno's reprimand (I assume) when he got subbed off. And it happens too often for someone who is ultimately, despite all his attacking power, a member of an otherwise steady back four.

He is iffy.

Have been watching a bit of serie a this season as it is on bt sport. Hickey at Bologna the Scottish lad is looking very promising.

Back