• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

I see that our Director of football did a lot of free transfers at Juve so my chain of thought is that he might do that here at Spurs, particularly as we are short on cash.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

This is a fairly reliable list of players who are meant to be on a free. I thought I would suggest the ones i think we should go for. We really should be sorting out the foreign signings now as they can sign contracts in January.

If Kane does go we will have to sign a striker surely, I imagine a few clubs will be after him but Belotti from Torino would be a good signing.

Ginter and Zakaria from Gladbach would be good for defence and midfield.

Brooks from Bournemouth would help with our homegrown issues.

Grillitsch is a tough tackling midfielder who has a great reputation for a great attitude, something we lack a lot of the time.
Can’t really argue with any of those
I thought we would go for Belotti in the summer TBH
He has been linked before, and is a known quantity as a striker
Zakaria would be brilliant
Ginter I think will replace sure at Bayern

I’ve always thought Brooks would be great here but also thought he could be one of those ones Liverpool buys then does well for them then we regret it..

I see that our Director of football did a lot of free transfers at Juve so my chain of thought is that he might do that here at Spurs, particularly as we are short on cash.

This is a fairly reliable list of players who are meant to be on a free. I thought I would suggest the ones i think we should go for. We really should be sorting out the foreign signings now as they can sign contracts in January.

If Kane does go we will have to sign a striker surely, I imagine a few clubs will be after him but Belotti from Torino would be a good signing.

Grillitsch is a tough tackling midfielder who has a great reputation for a great attitude, something we lack a lot of the time.

Some good players, though we also need to add some more HG players.

Sam Johnstone has been linked with us and apparently we've sent scouts to watch him recently. Would be a logical addition

He is better than Gollini

I haven't seen enough of Gollini to state that yet, however you need two decent keepers and we know Lloris won't be around for much longer.

Johnstone would be a great addition given he's out of contract and English

I haven't seen enough of Gollini to state that yet, however you need two decent keepers and we know Lloris won't be around for much longer.

Johnstone would be a great addition given he's out of contract and English
Gollini is reactive but woeful at shots from distance
He reminds me of Kepa

Some really good players in there….

I would love us to get Belotti and think he would do really well in England. As well as those you mention there is also:

CB - Zagadou from Dortmund
CB - Romagnoli from AC Milan (could be a really good foil for Romero)
CB - Luiz Felipe from Lazio
CM - Kessie from AC Milan
AM - Isco from Real Madrid
RW - Bernardeschi from Juventus
RW - Pavon from Boca Juniors

There are even a couple of potential backup CFs in there in Nketiah and Origi.

Todd Cantwell and Sam Johnstone are other potential homegrown options in there as well.

Could spend nothing on transfer fees and do deals for (e.g.) Romagnoli or Ginter, Zakaria, Kessie and Belotti and our squad would be guaranteed Europa IMO and possible CL qualifiers…. Do the owners have the ambition to increase the wage bill though?

SELL before buying.

With Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming in maybe its a great time to have deadwood and redundancy ... is this what Paratici should be thinking about:

These should be priority:
1. Dele - can fetch a decent amount
2. Doherty - can fetch decent amount
3. Dier/Sanchez - if an upgrade is available, preferably home grown - can fetch a decent amount

Wildcard must sell if great offer arrives:
4. ndombele - prized asset - maybe Saudi Sportswashing Machine statement signing?
5. kane - well if a significant offer over 100 mil and we get a striker or two in

Not sure:
6. one of bergwjin (mourinho?), moura (poch?) or harry winks (Saudi Sportswashing Machine?)
7. Davies - overdue but maybe end of season due to a medical condition
8. Jack Clarke or Sessegnon? May be too soon but are we taking on too much risks? Might be better to reinvest in other promising youngsters (yes high risk high return or failure)

Some really good players in there….

I would love us to get Belotti and think he would do really well in England. As well as those you mention there is also:

CB - Zagadou from Dortmund
CB - Romagnoli from AC Milan (could be a really good foil for Romero)
CB - Luiz Felipe from Lazio
CM - Kessie from AC Milan
AM - Isco from Real Madrid
RW - Bernardeschi from Juventus
RW - Pavon from Boca Juniors

There are even a couple of potential backup CFs in there in Nketiah and Origi.

Todd Cantwell and Sam Johnstone are other potential homegrown options in there as well.

Could spend nothing on transfer fees and do deals for (e.g.) Romagnoli or Ginter, Zakaria, Kessie and Belotti and our squad would be guaranteed Europa IMO and possible CL qualifiers…. Do the owners have the ambition to increase the wage bill though?
Always thought zagadou was useless when I’ve seen him play anyone decent
CB was always IMO Dortmund’s weakness

I really thought Bellotti was coming in the summer

would be a strong addition

Just read about David Brooks
I know some of us rage him highly and wanted him for next season
It seems kinda rare for a footballer to have a serious illness like this

Back