• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Yesterday though Tanguy looked like he wasn’t at the same work level of others
We had an injection of energy once Lo Celso came on
That’s the level Tanguy has to play at
I still say trying to make him into a 10 which is a new role for him is not something we should be trying until we have a settled system in place, if at all
There's being a #10 and there's being a #10. Different ways to play that position, different roles a player can have.

As long as we keep getting him the ball in situations where he can turn rather average possession into good possession he can do his thing.

There's being a #10 and there's being a #10. Different ways to play that position, different roles a player can have.

As long as we keep getting him the ball in situations where he can turn rather average possession into good possession he can do his thing.
I agree
He hasn’t done that yet playin in that role
That’s the issue
He has done things playing CM though

I agree
He hasn’t done that yet playin in that role
That’s the issue
He has done things playing CM though
He did that last season when playing that role. Get him the ball, when counter attacking or through buildup play. Spin, twist, physicality, passing, however. Turn decent possession where most players would play a safe pass into a line breaking move. He won't have to do that all that often to be a real threat in that role, and we know he's capable of that.

Even against Villa, even though he didn't have a good game in terms of delivering on what we want him to do on the ball he was a problem for them. A player they had to adjust to.

The difference between a long ball played because that's our only threat and a long ball played because that's the best option in a situation where the opposition have to be aware of different threats is significant. Not trying to give him credit for the chances we created where he wasn't involved, but I think having him in the team in that role makes a difference to our overall play, makes us harder to play against. And that will only improve when he has a good game on the ball.

The downside in that role is that he seems unlikely to be delivering a lot of goals. So would put the goalscoring responsibility more on Kane and the wide players. But his actual end product in that role is still somewhat unknown.

He did that last season when playing that role. Get him the ball, when counter attacking or through buildup play. Spin, twist, physicality, passing, however. Turn decent possession where most players would play a safe pass into a line breaking move. He won't have to do that all that often to be a real threat in that role, and we know he's capable of that.

Even against Villa, even though he didn't have a good game in terms of delivering on what we want him to do on the ball he was a problem for them. A player they had to adjust to.

The difference between a long ball played because that's our only threat and a long ball played because that's the best option in a situation where the opposition have to be aware of different threats is significant. Not trying to give him credit for the chances we created where he wasn't involved, but I think having him in the team in that role makes a difference to our overall play, makes us harder to play against. And that will only improve when he has a good game on the ball.

The downside in that role is that he seems unlikely to be delivering a lot of goals. So would put the goalscoring responsibility more on Kane and the wide players. But his actual end product in that role is still somewhat unknown.

I don’t remember a game where he played as a 10 and did what you describe
I do remember him playing in a CM role and doing some of the good things you mention
Tanguy has never been known for gaols
I believe he has less than 10 league goals over his career. We shouldn’t expect him to be scoring more but certainly using his skills to add his creativity which is one of his strengths

I don’t get the reference to long balls unless it was in reference to the passes he didn’t make yesterday that were longer. Some of them were what I would call harder passes to make so acceptable. Some of them were really poor passes, under hit and weak.

We didn’t play long ball yesterday though. We did use our width much better than we have probably all season

I don’t remember a game where he played as a 10 and did what you describe
I do remember him playing in a CM role and doing some of the good things you mention
Tanguy has never been known for gaols
I believe he has less than 10 league goals over his career. We shouldn’t expect him to be scoring more but certainly using his skills to add his creativity which is one of his strengths

I don’t get the reference to long balls unless it was in reference to the passes he didn’t make yesterday that were longer. Some of them were what I would call harder passes to make so acceptable. Some of them were really poor passes, under hit and weak.

We didn’t play long ball yesterday though. We did use our width much better than we have probably all season
I remember him doing that in some games last season, particularly in counter attacking situations, but can't point you to specific examples. I think he has the quality to do that well.

Long balls was about how we played as a team, not long balls he played. We played some effective long balls yesterday, like before the second goal. Difference between what we've done at times earlier in the season, first half against Arsenal for example. Long ball, predictable for opponents that we would. Becomes easier to defend against. Yesterday we had a more varied approach and that's harder to defend against.

I remember him doing that in some games last season, particularly in counter attacking situations, but can't point you to specific examples. I think he has the quality to do that well.

Long balls was about how we played as a team, not long balls he played. We played some effective long balls yesterday, like before the second goal. Difference between what we've done at times earlier in the season, first half against Arsenal for example. Long ball, predictable for opponents that we would. Becomes easier to defend against. Yesterday we had a more varied approach and that's harder to defend against.
Long balls to bypass the team are awful

Ndombele looked like he was trying to move the ball quicker yesterday , almost as if he’s been told to hang onto it for too long but it didn’t come off very often.

His real strength is dribbling and beating the press which would make him a CM, but he’s not fit enough to cover the defensive side of that role, which is why it’s difficult to know how to use him.

It may be from how we lined up yesterday we have him Dele and Lo Celso fighting for the same spot unless one of them can be trusted in a deeper role?

He may benefit from coming on when the game is stretched until he can he get his fitness up. I’d be tempted to have Lo Celso in there from the start to press and tire players out, then bring on Ndombele to exploit the space in the last third of the game.

Ndombele looked like he was trying to move the ball quicker yesterday , almost as if he’s been told to hang onto it for too long but it didn’t come off very often.

His real strength is dribbling and beating the press which would make him a CM, but he’s not fit enough to cover the defensive side of that role, which is why it’s difficult to know how to use him.

It may be from how we lined up yesterday we have him Dele and Lo Celso fighting for the same spot unless one of them can be trusted in a deeper role?

He may benefit from coming on when the game is stretched until he can he get his fitness up. I’d be tempted to have Lo Celso in there from the start to press and tire players out, then bring on Ndombele to exploit the space in the last third of the game.
I’m not sure Tanguy would suit the sub role though. His game is about exploiting the space I agree but that needs a dynamic player to do that quickly

Dele would be more of a goal threat, but we would struggle more to play through the centre and through midfield.

Think it's between Lo Celso and Ndombele, as long as neither of them takes up one of the deeper roles at least. Unless Gil puts himself into the reckoning for a start in that role.

I don't have a strong preference between the two of them. Both getting game time is good. Having one in the bench prevents us ending up in a situation where both are taken off and we're left with very little creativity in midfield.

As much as I appreciate that Tanguy looked good today I think we should not get carried away just yet considering it was against one of the very worst teams in the league
I havent seen the game ye5 bu5 I saw the line ups and made pretty much that comment to m6 mate

next weekend he will have a proper test

As much as I appreciate that Tanguy looked good today I think we should not get carried away just yet considering it was against one of the very worst teams in the league
The opposition need to be taken into account, but I don't think that's the only reason. He played in a position where he can take on players and do damage further up the pitch, without the downside of the rare occasions he'll lose the ball and it's in front of our defence.

Back