• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

You make a good point but I would hope we could afford even a loan or free signing.

Would have gone for Troy Deeney in the summer as a 1 year back up Europa conference league type thing.
The other advantage of having someone like Deeney on the bench is if we are leading and looking to see out a game l, we can send him on for Kane and not only would he more robust when we look to draw fouls whilst protecting Kane, defenders would think twice about it for the retribution they may get! And I think Deeney would actually enjoy the role!

He doesn't really need senior team games at all yet. If he does need senior team games then he needs them at the 3rd/4th level of English football or in a weaker league overseas.

Is anything okay? :)

Senior games are a great way to learn. You understand what you have to do to succeed at the top. Provided the coaches and squad think he's ready and he is well supported, why not give him games? We'll care for him, some 4th division club won't and he wouldn't be getting the same higher level experience.

Is anything okay? :)

Senior games are a great way to learn. You understand what you have to do to succeed at the top. Provided the coaches and squad think he's ready and he is well supported, why not give him games? We'll care for him, some 4th division club won't and he wouldn't be getting the same higher level experience.
He's playing because he is all we have. Otherwise we risk completely knackering our single only first team striker.

It is plainly clear that he is nowhere near ready yet for the first team, it is about 2 or 3 levels too high for him at the moment. I hope these games we are giving him well before he is ready are not destroying his confidence. It won't be long before the press start talking about Scarlett having played 12 (or whatever) games for Spurs and not scoring.

I really, really do hope that somehow he lucks out with a goal in the next Euro Minnows Bowl game just to reduce the pressure a little.

Alfie Devine is way closer to being ready for first team football than Scarlett is. However Devine (rightly) isn't playing first team football for us because we haven't left ourselves desperately short in midfield like we have up front.

The other advantage of having someone like Deeney on the bench is if we are leading and looking to see out a game l, we can send him on for Kane and not only would he more robust when we look to draw fouls whilst protecting Kane, defenders would think twice about it for the retribution they may get! And I think Deeney would actually enjoy the role!

isn’t he a spurs fan as well?

He doesn't really need senior team games at all yet. If he does need senior team games then he needs them at the 3rd/4th level of English football or in a weaker league overseas.

Yep youth football or like that thing we did with Yeovil a few years ago where we loaned them players to play but they trained with us.

Hopefully Parrott gets a championship loan or prem loan next season. But yeah we need back up striker for a yeah and more then likely a first team striker.

He's playing because he is all we have. Otherwise we risk completely knackering our single only first team striker.

It is plainly clear that he is nowhere near ready yet for the first team, it is about 2 or 3 levels too high for him at the moment. I hope these games we are giving him well before he is ready are not destroying his confidence. It won't be long before the press start talking about Scarlett having played 12 (or whatever) games for Spurs and not scoring.

I really, really do hope that somehow he lucks out with a goal in the next Euro Minnows Bowl game just to reduce the pressure a little.

Alfie Devine is way closer to being ready for first team football than Scarlett is. However Devine (rightly) isn't playing first team football for us because we haven't left ourselves desperately short in midfield like we have up front.

If we weren’t playing him you or Danish would be lamenting our lack of confidence in youth players. I mean Troy Deany or Scarlett. Come on! Scarlett is the future. Celebrate that we’re giving talent an opening rather than whinge.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If we weren’t playing him you or Danish would be lamenting our lack of confidence in youth players. I mean Troy Deany or Scarlett. Come on! Scarlett is the future. Celebrate that we’re giving talent an opening rather than whinge.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Can't answer for Danish but I wouldn't be. Confidence in youth players who are ready or at least close to being ready like Skipp is great. Playing 17 year old kids who are at least 2 to 3 years away is simply happening because we literally have nobody else.

Last edited:
Can't we just get someone good to do that?

Difficult with a tiny budget…. I did see that Vinicius is out on loan again this season, I’m not sure he counts as ‘good’ but he would be a far better option than a 17 year old who is far from ready.
Also a far better option than a 47 year old who has never been ready.

Difficult with a tiny budget…. I did see that Vinicius is out on loan again this season, I’m not sure he counts as ‘good’ but he would be a far better option than a 17 year old who is far from ready.
Our issue with Vinny was the daft price we had to agree to get him on loan
He said it himself in an interview recently.
He would be fine as a back up and nothing else, but the fee agreed killed that

But more from him on Kane and Vlahovic in BBC gossip via the sun today:

HARRY KANE 'loves Tottenham' and will play a key role in the club's rebuild, according to the club's transfer chief Fabio Paratici.

The forward, 28, was desperate to leave North London for Emirates Marketing Project last summer.

But Tottenham dug their heels in, with the England striker still having three years remaining on his contract.

Kane is yet to score or assist in six Premier League outings so far this term.

Spurs' stance is unlikely to change, however.

Paratici said: "Harry Kane loves Tottenham.

"We’ve decided to keep Harry last summer to start the re-building, and we’re happy with our choice.

"There’s no need of any new talk with Harry.

"He knows how to share the sense of belonging to Spurs."

During the summer, the Lilywhites were linked with Fiorentina forward Dusan Vlahovic as a potential replacement or even strike partner for Kane.

But Paratici refused to be drawn on the Serbian, continuing: "Dusan Vlahovic is appreciated by many clubs, it’s normal - he’s not in our plans, for now.

"I’m not going to speak about Dusan Vlahovic as he’s under contract with Fiorentina… and also because we’ve Harry Kane who’s the best striker in the world."

Kane may have struggled to find the net in the Premier League this term, but he has managed to find his shooting boots for other competitions.

He has netted five goals in three Europa Conference League appearances, while also scoring against Wolves in the League Cup

Our issue with Vinny was the daft price we had to agree to get him on loan
He said it himself in an interview recently.
He would be fine as a back up and nothing else, but the fee agreed killed that
That's fine other than the fact that this season he is out on loan at PSV Eindhoven (not really a team known for paying especially big wages or transfer fees).

That's fine other than the fact that this season he is out on loan at PSV Eindhoven (not really a team known for paying especially big wages or transfer fees).
You do wonder if we could have renegotiated a new deal rather than doing nothing. The deal to go to PSV is evidently not the same one we had last season.

Doesn’t matter…. Any deal can be renegotiated.

The club probably didn’t want him anyway, but it is strange that we didn’t bring anyone else in
Guess it depends how wate right the deal is and who with
He was a mendes player and that may be a route we didn’t want to take again

Back