• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

When it's a choice of him or Ndombele, I literally can't decide. Both are so prone to being passengers but also capable of brilliance. They should be competing with each other for a spot in the team, to the benefit of our club but sadly that hasn't happened. Share the minutes (180 a week most weeks) between the two of them until one stakes a genuine claim to the starting place.

I'm not sure that it needs to be an either/or decision, apart from against the top 4 teams. Gio can play CM or as a no 10, and TN probably can to. Key thing is that it should be those two plus one of Skipp/PEH and either played as 2 CMs and a no 10, or if we can get it to work as a midfield trio

the first 60 mins - he played RW and performance was as you expected
the last 30 mins or so - he played as the no 10 behind Kane, Moura and Son and was at the centre of everything good which we did. Setting aside he opposition, he was exceptional
Who played 10 to start ?

I'm not sure that it needs to be an either/or decision, apart from against the top 4 teams. Gio can play CM or as a no 10, and TN probably can to. Key thing is that it should be those two plus one of Skipp/PEH and either played as 2 CMs and a no 10, or if we can get it to work as a midfield trio
The 4-3-3 is whats killed us
None of them know whether to stay it go
Had to be 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1, unless Nuno wants the sack

I still believe a midfield comprising Ndombele, Lo Celso and one of Skipp/Hojberg with maybe Gil on the right could be our best lineup, maybe not for every game, but for certain matches. [emoji28]
See my post above
A 3 man midfield with our players offers so much on paper but nothing on the pitch. It hasn’t worked and IMO just won’t
You can play Tanguy as CM with skipp or Hojdjberg. Okay Lo Celso as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1
That can work
We play 3 in midfield and always seem to play badly, really badly

Ours explain why we improved
It was more probably Son Kane and Moura coming on tbh.

Lo Celso did run the game from there though.

BUT I think we have to go with the old faithful 4231...a greater number of our players suit that. There are 4 lines of players so closer together .
The double pivot can switch between Skipp and PEH for solid/no nonsense games and switching one of them out for Ndombele or Li Celso for more creative output. Dele might also find what he's best at again in one of the 3 berths further forward as well. Plus Gil could play in any of them 3 positions when needed as well.

It was more probably Son Kane and Moura coming on tbh.

Lo Celso did run the game from there though.

BUT I think we have to go with the old faithful 4231...a greater number of our players suit that. There are 4 lines of players so closer together .
The double pivot can switch between Skipp and PEH for solid/no nonsense games and switching one of them out for Ndombele or Li Celso for more creative output. Dele might also find what he's best at again in one of the 3 berths further forward as well. Plus Gil could play in any of them 3 positions when needed as well.
Yep
It’s the only way for Nuno to keep his job…bin the 4-3-3
3-4-3 would be something go I’d like to see too

He was good the first 15 minutes, making runs into the box, playing first touch passes and had great movement. Then he started to trying to do everything himself, instead of playing it simple. Lost the ball almost every single time he got it, because he overcomplicated it, and tried to do too much.
That’s exactly how my mates described it

Ive heard he had a shocker

was worse than that. As I said in the match thread, he looks like he thinks he's a combination of Messi/Ronaldinho/Ronaldo the way he holds on to the ball for so long. He doesnt have the playmaking vision or ability. Really needs to go

The 4-3-3 is whats killed us
None of them know whether to stay it go
Had to be 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1, unless Nuno wants the sack

Agree that 4-2-3-1 is my preferable - the midfield and attack are more linked up. Just congizant of our wise leaders' preference

ANyway, hopefully GLC is now above Dele in the no 10 pecking order

was worse than that. As I said in the match thread, he looks like he thinks he's a combination of Messi/Ronaldinho/Ronaldo the way he holds on to the ball for so long. He doesnt have the playmaking vision or ability. Really needs to go

Do you think is body is now f-ed? Seems way too static etc...

Back