• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ns Mura

This club needs supporters like you.
Not sure if serious but I'd like to say I'm a more positive fan than not, but the last 2 years has taken its toll on my mental health, ie putting games before my now 2 kids (new baby girl in July), going out and getting on it for games and missing important family events etc.

After the West Ham game last season (3-3) I was devastated and my wife came back to me drunk, topless, alone and my spurs shirt ripped up on the floor asking me what the hell happened.

I need to try and switch off from Spurs as mentally the losses make me depressed, so the less I get involved, the less the impact of the negative result affects me, if that makes sense. If I don't see it I don't feel the result?

Just not enjoyable for me watching Spurs games, even now watching 30 minutes of the Arsenal game (normally I'd watch all 90), I think about it at night of what could have been, ie the signing of Tomiyasu over Emerson and its not healthy. I'd rather put my son to sleep tonight and talk to him at 8pmin bed whilst he nods off than put the game on and watch Spurs.

Sunday was the same, I had my brother and his family round for dinner so we could watch the game, yet at 2 nil was fuming, so switched it off and then played with my son and nephew in our cul de sac which they loved, that was much more soul filling than watching Spurs.

For some I get that Spurs is their life, and it used to be for me now but something has to change for me. I can't let if affect my life anymore.

Sorry for the life story but thought it would be best to put my side across, if every now and again I do come across more negative than positive.

Spurs may not need supporters like me, but I in fact don't need a club like Spurs in my life right now, successful or not, it appears.

Last edited:
I get that.
Spurs can be good for your mental health at times but in the main the club can dominate your thoughts, and when the thoughts are mostly negative it takes it's toll.
Look what it's doing to Chris Cowlin....
Problem is it's very hard to switch off from anything Spurs related so hopefully there will be an upturn in our fortunes and we can all be happy and positive again :D

Not sure if serious but I'd like to say I'm a more positive fan than not, but the last 2 years has taken its toll on my mental health, ie putting games before my now 2 kids (new baby girl in July), going out and getting on it for games and missing important family events etc.

After the West Ham game last season (3-3) I was devastated and my wife came back to me drunk, topless, alone and my spurs shirt ripped up on the floor asking me what the hell happened.

I need to try and switch off from Spurs as mentally the losses make me depressed, so the less I get involved, the less the impact of the negative result affects me, if that makes sense. If I don't see it I don't feel the result?

Just not enjoyable for me watching Spurs games, even now watching 30 minutes of the Arsenal game (normally I'd watch all 90), I think about it at night of what could have been, ie the signing of Tomiyasu over Emerson and its not healthy. I'd rather put my son to sleep tonight and talk to him at 8pmin bed whilst he nods off than put the game on and watch Spurs.

Sunday was the same, I had my brother and his family round for dinner so we could watch the game, yet at 2 nil was fuming, so switched it off and then played with my son and nephew in our cul de sac which they loved, that was much more soul filling than watching Spurs.

For some I get that Spurs is their life, and it used to be for me now but something has to change for me. I can't let if affect my life anymore.

Sorry for the life story but thought it would be best to put my side across, if every now and again I do come across more negative than positive.

Spurs may not need supporters like me, but I in fact don't need a club like Spurs in my life right now, successful or not, it appears.

Great post. I too find Spurs impact my mood and it’s not good to have that dependency on events we can’t control. I try to expect the worst and sometimes get pleasantly surprised!

Kudos for sharing. If supporting a football club hurts your real life in a meaningful way the mature thing to do is find a way to support the club in a different way. Or ultimately not at all of the personal effects are too bad.

Can recognise some of what you describe, though I haven't had it as bad as you do. My heartfelt support in your drive to do what's best for you and your family. (Not that you asked for it or give any indication that you need it, just felt like typing those words). Definitely becoming a parent changes perspectives, I've felt that too.

Hopefully this forum can be a healthy place to share the ups and downs of supporting this wonderful club of ours.

There is a game on Thursday at our new stadium.

ECL Tottenham Hotspur v NS Mura ko 8pm

I quite like these games, chance to get that Sunday debacle out of the system.
NS Mura (Slovenia) lost 5-1 on aggregate to Sturm in the Europa League play off to end up in the ECL. They are having a bad spell in their domestic league at the moment but won it last year. Luka Bobicanec is probably there best player, attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. They have a horrid mustard coloured third kit.

Nuno is under pressure. The team are in need of a confidence building performance and a few goals.

I would go for

Gollini. Reguillon, Emerson, Tanganga, Rodon, Dele, La celso, Skip, Son, Scarlett, Gil.

4-0 Spurs, Son 2 Dele and La Celso

Well done! This is more of a true starter post for an OMT. Tonight we will show what we can really do. Thank you for making the effort.

I get that.
Spurs can be good for your mental health at times but in the main the club can dominate your thoughts, and when the thoughts are mostly negative it takes it's toll.
Look what it's doing to Chris Cowlin....
Problem is it's very hard to switch off from anything Spurs related so hopefully there will be an upturn in our fortunes and we can all be happy and positive again :D
What's happened to Chris Cowlin?

Play more the senior boys in this one please except son and loris who we rest for Sunday.

Kane Scarlett
Dele Hojberg NDomb LoCelso Tanganga
Davies Dier Sanchez
Gollini

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I posted the same team earlier just with Winks instead of LoCelso.

Would personally play them every conference game until they show individual improvement.

Back