• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I'm sure most of us would love to be proved wrong. However, I'm not sure I agree with your logic. You could give Sherwood, George Graham or Gerry The Badger Francis a million games, and they would still suck at their job. Time does not equal success. On the other hand, I think it's unfair to imply that no manager in the world could get their team to a decent level in a matter of weeks/months. Some do.

At the moment, we're leaking in three goals per game. I don't know if I'm short-sighted but I know I'd feel a tad deluded if I were posting "we're going to be fine" all day long. We're not in a good place right now and the way I see it (my opinion), it's not going to get better any time soon but, again, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. If I could also be entertained while watching the games, I'd be happy man.

It may be that we don't do well under Nuno. But do you think it is fair to condemn him before he's had some settled time with the team? He's had all manner of complications with Kane, the Argies etc. Personally I'll reserve judgment until he's had some games and stability. Hopefully, he's not undermined before he's even got his messages and philosophy across. That would be sad. Levy has always been quick to pull the trigger, so you shouldn't concern yourself. If Nuno doesn't generate points or performances he will be sacked. Let's hope he gets a fair crack in the interim.

I’m all for Nuno getting a “fair crack of the whip“ but at what cost? The first 35 minutes of the Arsenal game was horrific.
I have never seen a professional football team defend so poorly as the first 35 minutes on Sunday.

All eyes on the Villa performance then, another drubbing and he’s surely gone.
It’s gonna have to be one hell of a performance to wipe the Arsenal game out of my mind, I think Nuno’s goose is cooked. Sad because it seems like quite a nice guy, maybe that’s his problem?

I’m all for Nuno getting a “fair crack of the whip“ but at what cost? The first 35 minutes of the Arsenal game was horrific.
I have never seen a professional football team defend so poorly as the first 35 minutes on Sunday.
Hence why I don’t think it was tactics
I think it was players making some decisions and not getting the plan right
I mean fudge knows how or why but I can’t a manager that many on here think is defensive would do the exact opposite on a game like that

It’s gonna have to be one hell of a performance to wipe the Arsenal game out of my mind, I think Nuno’s goose is cooked. Sad because it seems like quite a nice guy, maybe that’s his problem?

Being a nice guy isnt his problem at all. That helped people like Jol, Poch...even Harry was liked by fans, players etc

His problem is his tactics. His Wolves teams were painful, as are we

I mean fudge knows how or why but I can’t a manager that many on here think is defensive would do the exact opposite on a game like that
What doesn’t make sense is the polar opposite for the next half. I think the first half was simply crazy and made little or no sense. I can think of no circumstances where you would set a team up to perform like the first 35 minutes it was an aberration Bonkers

What doesn’t make sense is the polar opposite for the next half. I think the first half was simply crazy and made little or no sense. I can think of no circumstances where you would set a team up to perform like the first 35 minutes it was an aberration Bonkers
Hence why I dont think it was the plan
Why changed it the ways he did and then Flag up he got some things wrong and mention players, but not by name

Those are some ridiculously poor stats.

Its why he and Spurs are such a poor match and, despite him being a decent guy, we need to get rid asap. The lack of any attacking ability which we've seen isn't just some abberation - its the norm for him

Any surprise that we've scored 4 in 6 games, including a dodgy penalty???

Too many mistakes isn't it. I think the same thing happened to JM after Christmas. Some players simply downed tools. Still the managers fault when he can't see a mutiny coming I guess.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We are back at that point where we had the wrong personalities at the core (kaboul etc).
Time to revamp the squad personality before anything else.

I think those changes are more about the difference in quality and style of the different opponents than us adjusting.

As an example "patience" against Watford was more about them standing off us and us not doing much with the ball. Had City stood off us I think it would have been the same. Of course City are never likely to do that, but just as a hypothetical.

Would you agree the style against Wolves in the League was different compared to Wolves in the Cup?

I think Nuno’s been experimenting, and he’s figuring out what each guy is capable of. I just hope it leads somewhere good soon. I can’t really take feeling like we are back to the Sherwood / AVB days, as if the last 7 years never happened.

Back