• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

Of course. Who wouldn't want that? That is the point: the Trusts questions are completely stupid. The Turst are trying to be an institution, and to have clout they should be. But if they lose their shi1 as soon as we lose the NLD it just makes them look amateur. I know they probably are - no one is paid - but they could achieve more if they acted with some poise.
Wanting something and planning for it are two entirely different things. I want to date Jessica Alba but I'm not making any coherent plans to do so.

I agree with you though that there is no point to this outburst from the club. I've given what I think the true response from the owners would be in one of my posts above.... Of course we're never going to get that truth so it is really just a pointless exercise.

The Trust undermines the no doubt good work they do with this latest nonsense. What exactly are they looking for the club to say? Like our plans are x y z. What this recent statement shows is the Trust are just a bunch of whinging fans. They should have kept their powder dry and focused on things where they can offer something. Thinking the club should 'explain their plans' is just infantile and futile. "Our plan is to win the league" Oh okay. Got you, cheers. What a waste of time.

I think they're just trying to say to Levy that the football under Nuno is appalling

ENIC and Levy are the club.

Depends how you look at it I suppose. I get emotional when I re-watch old games and clips such as Moura scoring a hat trick or Son scoring in a north London derby. Or ancient clips of us winning a trophy. I don’t have any warmth or affection for a Levy and Lewis when it’s not a passion project for either of them. It doesn’t make me smile when I see them attending games. I wouldn’t go up to either of them if I saw them on the street. I have zero emotional attachment to either of them. They’re just custodians and I hope their children don’t inherit our club. I appreciate them for building a new stadium and new training ground with money the club has earned but no more than that. I’d understand if they were akin to Abramovich or Leicester’s owners who have literally bought trophies for their respective clubs.

Depends how you look at it I suppose. I get emotional when I re-watch old games and clips such as Moura scoring a hat trick or Son scoring in a north London derby. Or ancient clips of us winning a trophy. I don’t have any warmth or affection for a Levy and Lewis when it’s not a passion project for either of them. It doesn’t make me smile when I see them attending games. I wouldn’t go up to either of them if I saw them on the street. I have zero emotional attachment to either of them. They’re just custodians and I hope their children don’t inherit our club. I appreciate them for building a new stadium and new training ground with money the club has earned but no more than that. I’d understand if they were akin to Abramovich or Leicester’s owners who have literally bought trophies for their respective clubs.

It’s possible to share your sentiments on our owners and Scara’s on the THST, of course. I manage to.

Who? said:
This meeting, therefore, is an opportunity for the decision makers at THFC to explain their plans to supporters. This explanation should include plans for this season and beyond, an explanation of how success will be measured and how the Club’s DNA will be regained.
Ah, isn't that nice of them. Giving the club the opportunity to do something they neither want nor need to do.

Lucky nobody at the club is busy with their day jobs and has time for this kind of nonsense isn't it?

It’s possible to share your sentiments on our owners and Scara’s on the THST, of course. I manage to.

Yeah, I get that. The trust come across a little pompous and misguided at times but ultimately I do feel they have the club’s best interests at heart. Maybe for some of them it is an ego trip. But I just don’t understand loving two middle aged businessmen more than the players, the coach, actually going to games and the history and success (the good times etc). I find it very strange. I understand some feeling they have done a better job than other fans do, but it does feel like some of them would follow Levy regardless of what he does. Besides changing the name of the club to Tottenham Hotspur - Liverpool South, I’d struggle to think of any decision they could make where the likes of Baleforce wouldn’t back them. We could move to Ligue 1 and play our games at Vicarage Road and I’m sure some would be totally fine with it.

Yeah, I get that. The trust come across a little pompous and misguided at times but ultimately I do feel they have the club’s best interests at heart. Maybe for some of them it is an ego trip. But I just don’t understand loving two middle aged businessmen more than the players, the coach, actually going to games and the history and success (the good times etc). I find it very strange. I understand some feeling they have done a better job than other fans do, but it does feel like some of them would follow Levy regardless of what he does. Besides changing the name of the club to Tottenham Hotspur - Liverpool South, I’d struggle to think of any decision they could make where the likes of Baleforce wouldn’t back them. We could move to Ligue 1 and play our games at Vicarage Road and I’m sure some would be totally fine with it.

It's not loving them, I have no feelings towards them personally, Lewis is completely irrelevant to us, he put the money up years ago but has almost zero day to day involvement, I wouldn't recognise him if I saw him in one of the suites. Levy, I feel, has done an exceptional job, the decisions he's made (of which we are aware), have mostly been logical and easily justifiable, we've improved the infrastructure and potential future revenue streams to some of the best in the industry. I have tremendous respect for him. If I saw him in the lounge of course I would recognise him, I wouldn't deign to waste any of his time though, there is nothing I could say to him that would have any value to the club whatsoever.

In these moments of history and failure (I've associated with the brand since I was 8 years old, so I've not seen any real success), it's the players and the coaches that have let us down, their actions I lament, so yes, there is more negativity there.

What is the Trusts plan if they got this meeting and based on what they are told they:

A) like the plan
B) don’t like the plan
C) don’t believe the plan as they are told is true?

The vast majority of fans i know who actually go to games could not give a brick what the trust think or plan. They are
irrelevant.

It's not loving them, I have no feelings towards them personally, Lewis is completely irrelevant to us, he put the money up years ago but has almost zero day to day involvement, I wouldn't recognise him if I saw him in one of the suites. Levy, I feel, has done an exceptional job, the decisions he's made (of which we are aware), have mostly been logical and easily justifiable, we've improved the infrastructure and potential future revenue streams to some of the best in the industry. I have tremendous respect for him. If I saw him in the lounge of course I would recognise him, I wouldn't deign to waste any of his time though, there is nothing I could say to him that would have any value to the club whatsoever.

In these moments of history and failure (I've associated with the brand since I was 8 years old, so I've not seen any real success), it's the players and the coaches that have let us down, their actions I lament, so yes, there is more negativity there.

I think that’s the definition of having your cake and eating it. Not sure how you manage to credit Levy almost single-handedly for lifting the club to new heights but at the same time saying he has no responsibility for us not getting over the line. He is ultimately the man at the top and is answerable for our for inability to get over the line as well as the decline over the last 4-5 years. Levy is responsible for hiring (whilst taking forever to appoint them) and firing managers. Picking the right manager is the starting point for everything at the club. Not buying a single player for three straight windows is something no other top club would advocate doing.

I think the club has been fairly clear on longer term strategy both directly and indirectly.

Can understand a call for further clarification. But that coming after a relatively short spell of poor results, poor results close in time to a restructuring clearly made in the interest of longer term benefits, when the club has been clear on strategy. Seems a bit like a knee jerk reaction and one I can understand the club being unwilling to meet.

Would have liked to see more good will from the trust. Yeah, this is tough, but we like the long term strategy kind of statement. Or no public reaction at all.

Emergency meeting, good grief.

They could start their own football club of course, if they want things to be done differently.

They knew the club would not agree to the meeting. It was engineered to allow them to be outraged and to use it as an example of the club being unwilling to listen to fans that they can feed into the government review. So transparent.

Back