• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

They were one of the teams that I would make a point of not watching if their game was on TV. They had some good players but their games tended to be tedious affairs.

agreed. Wolves were painful to watch. Their fans said so too and the lack of goals in first halves backed that up as well

I think we bite the bullet, sell kane and whoever else in Jan, give the cash to conte and give it a go. At least with Conte he is a winner and has a game plan.

We lack serious ambition, vision and togetherness as a club, fel like the 90s all over. We have gone massively backwards.

I think we bite the bullet, sell kane and whoever else in Jan, give the cash to conte and give it a go. At least with Conte he is a winner and has a game plan.

We lack serious ambition, vision and togetherness as a club, fel like the 90s all over. We have gone massively backwards.

We dont have enough cash for Conte, even with selling Kane

Next manager needs to play attacking, interesting football

It's crazy to think how much a win or a loss colours the perception of most fans. You only have to look as far as the Wolves and Watford match threads to see how the same manager and the same players were praised, despite the performances being no better than the one against Chelsea (Watford is debatable, although I seem to recall that we got our best chances once they opened up in search of an equalizer).

If we'd won against Palace, the Arsenal game would be considered a mere blip in an overall good start to the season. I'm not having a go at anyone but I'm honestly amazed to see that the odd goal here and there can make all the difference in the world, regardless of what happens on the pitch.

I missed our best game of the season but if I forget the players' names and the table, what I've been seeing on the pitch since the start of the season looks very much like relegation material. It won't happen because, unlike smaller clubs, we have the means to shake things up if need be, but it's that poor.

These players did have a manager here who had won everything in the game and couldn’t action his very basic plans
Yep.... and they started well under him. Of course things under Mourinho always end badly as he is an odious narcissist who happily takes all the credit when things are going well and none of the blame when things go badly. He also finally joined a club who wouldn't ensure he had one of the biggest two budgets in the league. Had the club gone out and got him the proper top centre half that he desperately wanted then it wouldn't have surprised me if Jose had been able to get those godawful small club, defensive tactics to take us to a 4th place finish and CL qualification. The club instead got him a cheap Championship defender who we couldn't even sign before the proper transfer deadline so he couldn't even be put in the Europa squad to adapt.

Conte is never going to join Spurs.... He'll ask what the transfer and wage budget are and then laugh in our faces.

It's crazy to think how much a win or a loss colours the perception of most fans. You only have to look as far as the Wolves and Watford match threads to see how the same manager and the same players were praised, despite the performances being no better than the one against Chelsea (Watford is debatable, although I seem to recall that we got our best chances once they opened up in search of an equalizer).

If we'd won against Palace, the Arsenal game would be considered a mere blip in an overall good start to the season. I'm not having a go at anyone but I'm honestly amazed to see that the odd goal here and there can make all the difference in the world, regardless of what happens on the pitch.

I missed our best game of the season but if I forget the players' names and the table, what I've been seeing on the pitch since the start of the season looks very much like relegation material. It won't happen because, unlike smaller clubs, we have the means to shake things up if need be, but it's that poor.
Your last paragraph is quite telling I think.... Like you, I am confident that if we were in a relegation scrap then our owners would ensure funds were made available to get us out of that position (just as they did under Harry several years ago). Interesting that on the few occasions when we have had a genuine chance of real success the same did not apply.

Your last paragraph is quite telling I think.... Like you, I am confident that if we were in a relegation scrap then our owners would ensure funds were made available to get us out of that position (just as they did under Harry several years ago). Interesting that on the few occasions when we have had a genuine chance of real success the same did not apply.

tickle my balls with a feather.

Sums up ENIC's risk averse approach.

Up until the Arsenal game there had been quite a bit of consistency I thought.

Varying between a higher press and standing off more is to me a feature of his style, not him changing it.

Counter attacking when we can is a consistent feature of his style. Just that teams realise that this is our main (sometimes only) threat. Stop us from counter attacking and you more or less nullify us as an attacking force.

I think going long quite a bit is also part of his style. The way we did it against Arsenal, as shown in that Carragher video, that was new. Getting players forward around the initial duel is vital to succeeding when playing long balls, but there's that and there's leaving a ton of space to be exploited when you lose the ball.

We quite literally got into a situation where Arsenal could have based their entire attacking strategy on just giving us the ball, be organised and wait for the long ball. Dier or Sanchez in controlled possession wasn't a good thing for us, it was a good thing for them.

That cannot happen again. It shouldn't have been allowed to happen at all of course, but Nuno will adjust.

Ehhhh…I dunno about consistency.

City was counter attack.

Wolves was dig in. Watford was patience and I think Palace would have been patience. Chelsea and Wolves again was more pressing. Arsenal was whatever Arsenal was…long ball.

But I think there’s been some really different approaches in most of the games.

Ehhhh…I dunno about consistency.

City was counter attack.

Wolves was dig in. Watford was patience and I think Palace would have been patience. Chelsea and Wolves again was more pressing. Arsenal was whatever Arsenal was…long ball.

But I think there’s been some really different approaches in most of the games.
Arsenal was just odd
Very odd
I mean seeing the midfield literally split and went wide or forward
It was surreal

Arsenal was just odd
Very odd
I mean seeing the midfield literally split and went wide or forward
It was surreal
Maybe the footballing world is just not ready for Nuno's genius yet and in 20 years we'll look back and laud him for his foresight in being the first manager ever to deploy the now de-rigueur 'polo mint' formation? :D

The lack of planning and vision at the club is pretty amazing. We have Ndombele, LoCelso, and I think you can put Dele and Gil in there to, that are all probably best suited for a #10 kind of role, behind the striker. Yet we hire a coach that does not play with a #10. And most of our other midfielders are not played in their best position. How are you supposed to play good football and win games, when the majority of the players not used in their best position?
We're walking backwards into the future. Nuno either has to change his game immediately, or else he has to go.

Reactions: rxl
Back