• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Hardly bottled it when they drew at a ground we got whacked 3-0 on recently?

Just read Tony Adams comments yesterday about Mourinho. That we shouldn't have fired him, he'd developed a good way of playing and we were building towards something...

Is that roosterwomble back on the sauce or is he really that clueless. A staggering opinion for anyone to hold especially someone who played at the level Adams did.
It was a joke...

Interesting. I watched with an eye to place Spurs players there. I think quite a few players would have to leave if he took over here.

That said I am willing to give Nuno till January as long as we are not in the bottom half of the table.
I did an big pots on him about 8 months ago ish
I’ve followed him since his team beat arsenal at the Emirates in Europe

This is what I referenced in the match thread yesterday. May be something of nothing but that looks like a bunch of players deciding themselves what the best way to get back into the game was.
Hold on
Are you one of the body language experts
I mean it’s normal for the coach to pass the message on via the sidelines, not the centre circle
It would be fudging brilliant though if the players did take some accountability and make some decisions to enhance their performances during a game though

Watched Carragher assessment. Christ what on earth was Nuno’s plan. Go watch on YouTube

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Nuno did say that the players didn’t execute the plan didn’t he
So it’s hard to tell when things go awry
His plan though (I’m sure) wasn’t to have hind berg playing left back, Tanguy left wing ish and dele CF when our cbs have the ball unless the system he played for every game until Chelsea was a complete random one

Hold on
Are you one of the sexual colossuses
I mean it’s normal for the coach to pass the message on via the sidelines, not the centre circle
It would be fudging brilliant though if the players did take some accountability and make some decisions to enhance their performances during a game though

Haha just a conspiracy theorist trying to stir up some hysteria.

Could be nothing but I thought it strange yesterday when Sonny, Kane and PEH looked to be having a meeting amongst themselves. That said, in times like this, we probably read too much into these things.

Didn't watch the game live as I expected us to not turn up as usual at their place.
Watched Carragher's take on our game plan, dear oh dear what an absolute shambles. Surprised we didn't get spanked 5 or 6 nil.
We could have first half
They walked through the midfield so easily
Scarily I read this just now https://tbrfootball.com/hojbjerg-can-hold-his-head-high-despite-arsenal-thrashing/
That’s an article saying his well Hojdberg played
I mean it’s a wow moment did me as the midfield was non existent first half
They were so far away from each other you wondered who had farted

Just watched Carraghers analysis. I’m not a fan of his but thought it was excellent. It’s absolutely damning of Nuno and, to be fair, he gave Kane some stick as well.

Fair play to Carragher for it but it tells me this is only going one way. People said Poch was ropey at the start and he was. But you could see what he wanted and he was never incompetent. Based on Carraghers analysis, you’d have to say Nuno was utterly reckless and incompetent yesterday.

Can’t really slate PEH much though, did you see Carraghers video analysis? Literally the only midfielder facing a wave of 3/4 arsenal players on his own whilst Dele and Ndombele literally in line with Kane as the last man. Yes he was poor but he couldn’t have exactly done anything.

Shambles. Nuno should have made changes immediately but instead we were 3-0 after 34 minutes.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Just watched Carraghers analysis. I’m not a fan of his but thought it was excellent. It’s absolutely damning of Nuno and, to be fair, he gave Kane some stick as well.

Fair play to Carragher for it but it tells me this is only going one way. People said Poch was ropey at the start and he was. But you could see what he wanted and he was never incompetent. Based on Carraghers analysis, you’d have to say Nuno was utterly reckless and incompetent yesterday.
Honestly…. Go back and look at Poch first ten games again
There was a lot of incompetence and very little cohesion
He took on tactics Tim’s team don’t forget
His first game was west ham away when Dier scored the very late winner with 10 men
Look at that team that started the season and the one that finished it

This team finished the season
E584568F-AE68-4989-BDB1-16E6AC272D46.png

This team started the season

FA642D87-A1D6-40A7-8440-935764017E9A.png

if I’m right, 6 of the players that started that season left that season

Certainly don’t make for pleasant viewing… I know NES hasn’t had much time on training ground with players but to be that shoddy in first half of a NLD was still unacceptable.

Honestly…. Go back and look at Poch first ten games again
There was a lot of incompetence and very little cohesion
He took on tactics Tim’s team don’t forget
His first game was west ham away when Dier scored the very late winner with 10 men
Look at that team that started the season and the one that finished it

This team finished the season
View attachment 12810

This team started the season

View attachment 12811

if I’m right, 6 of the players that started that season left that season

The selections are immaterial. Any manager coming in will be selecting players that they’ll bin off. In Poch’s case, the troublemakers had to be weeded out.

But no matter who he had on the pitch, I don’t recall us playing as badly as the recent game at Palace, the second half v Chelsea or the game yesterday. We had some poor results and got a couple of hidings (City and Liverpool). But I genuinely don’t remember us being as bad as we’ve been the last 3 games and Poch setting us up as incompetently as Nuno did yesterday.

In defence of Nuno, his identity as a manager is that he’s pragmatic. That he isn’t going to come to a club with his pre planned playbook and roll it out exactly as he did before. Poch’s identity was pressing, using youth, full backs high, attacking football.

So I think in Poch’s first few games, we got what he was trying to do. Some players could handle it, some couldn’t. Maybe what we are seeing is Nuno going through a process of figuring it out. It looks like he’s tried a few different styles to see what really suits the players we have.

At Wolves he had some great long passers in the team so there was a lot of long switches of play, and he probably wanted to see what we could do in that respect yesterday. He’s tried going high press from the off. He’s tried the counter. He’s tried patience until the second half.

I kinda wish he had settled on something before the season started, but he literally didn’t have all the players available. And if his identity as a manager is pragmatism, we are seeing the manifestation of that right now. Maybe after 10 games we’ll be 8th, and maybe after 38 we’ll be 5th. I am hoping he is learning a lot from this, about what the players can and can’t do. And he’s using it all to get us into the perfect system for us. Maybe the sheer extent of the experimentation means the learnings are more pronounced.

I’m saying this as much in hope as expectation. Because I really don’t want us to have to get on another path with another guy again. And I really hope Nuno‘a authority sustains itself through this experimentation period if that is indeed what he is doing.

I can't dance with anything Carragher said in that analysis.

Difficult to guess at what Nuno was planning. Perhaps he thought Kane could dominate White physically and in the air, so pushing Alli and Ndombele high up the pitch we could put them under pressure immediately by going direct, risky, but perhaps worth the risk? Not adjusting when it's not working though... (that's a recurring one).

Sanchez... Not ready to receive the ball he's always going to receive from kick off. Weak passes. What can you say?

Back