• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I think we do have the players for a 4-3-3. We need to move the ball better out from the back. Get compact when defending.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nuno changed it mind.
4-3-3 is fine if one of the midfield 3 sits deep and the fullbacks push on, we instead seem to have the fullbacks staying deep and the deep midfielder pushing suicidaly high.

4-3-3 is fine if one of the midfield 3 sits deep and the fullbacks push on, we instead seem to have the fullbacks staying deep and the deep midfielder pushing suicidaly high.
We didn’t have him pushing high last week
Yesterday he was awol
But 4-3-3 just doenst suit the players we have

We didn’t have him pushing high last week
Yesterday he was awol
But 4-3-3 just doenst suit the players we have
Last week Chelsea changed the shape so that they outnumbered us 3 to 2 in the midfield after Dele and Ndombele had largely successfully shut off the passing from Kovacic and Jorginho in midfield in the first half. Tuchel sacrificed an attacking player in Mount and put on Kante in a deeper position so that Chelsea had a 3 against 2 in midfield and could pass around our pressing players at will. Nuno didn't spot this (it was clear within a couple of minutes of the restart) and adapt to it and the game was then lost. Had that been the other way round I think Tuchel would've spotted it and adapted (certainly at 1-0). Just another example of another club having a proper top class manager and us not.

My problem was with the instructions given to the team not the formation or the persons involved. It was a plain weird 45 minutes of suicidal football.
It was as if Nuno had watched the Brentford game the night before and thought “you know what”

Last week Chelsea changed the shape so that they outnumbered us 3 to 2 in the midfield after Dele and Ndombele had largely successfully shut off the passing from Kovacic and Jorginho in midfield in the first half. Tuchel sacrificed an attacking player in Mount and put on Kante in a deeper position so that Chelsea had a 3 against 2 in midfield and could pass around our pressing players at will. Nuno didn't spot this (it was clear within a couple of minutes of the restart) and adapt to it and the game was then lost. Had that been the other way round I think Tuchel would've spotted it and adapted (certainly at 1-0). Just another example of another club having a proper top class manager and us not.

Similar to his brain-wave of taking off Moura away to Rennes and replacing him with....Emerson

Id be stunned if Nuno didn’t spot it last week, as it was obvious to everyone. And I think this is where the ‘we need to be solid’ on the pitch stuff comes from.

If we’re under the cosh, we need to just dig in and not concede while the coaching staff get the new plan ready. But pretty quickly we conceded two goals. I blame the players there.

Yesterday though it just seemed like everything was so off. Don’t blame the players as a whole if they’re being asked to do something they aren’t suited to.

Id be stunned if Nuno didn’t spot it last week, as it was obvious to everyone. And I think this is where the ‘we need to be solid’ on the pitch stuff comes from.

If we’re under the cosh, we need to just dig in and not concede while the coaching staff get the new plan ready. But pretty quickly we conceded two goals. I blame the players there.

Yesterday though it just seemed like everything was so off. Don’t blame the players as a whole if they’re being asked to do something they aren’t suited to.
Why are the players “off” though every game we play there?

Why are the players “off” though every game we play there?

I dunno. Sometimes we show up there. I remember a 1-1 under Poch where we absolutely bartered them almost start to finish and somehow let them have an equaliser in the 78th.

I can be onboard with the idea the tactics were wrong yesterday. I just think Hugo had the right message after the game. He didn’t dig the squad out like last season, he said it was time to stick together. And I agree with that. I don’t think this is the time to let doubts seep in about anyone, manager or players. I think we need to stick together. Nuno was the best we could get, if he goes, we aren’t getting better than him. But if we allow him to limp on under a cloud of suspicion, he isn’t going to do better either.

I think we all need to say, we tried something, it didn’t work, but let’s get back to what we are good at. We need the spirit and togetherness. It seems like we had it a month ago. Maybe this international break and the Kane situation has strained it a bit. Maybe Nuno still hasn’t decided what style of football he wants to play. But I think we need to stick together and move forward. I don’t think we have the option to limp on.

After the Villa match, it international, no club matches for 2weeks, what are the chances, if we lose to villa, and fail to win midweek, NES, is gone?

After the Villa match, it international, no club matches for 2weeks, what are the chances, if we lose to villa, and fail to win midweek, NES, is gone?
None IMO
I don’t think levy over reacts like a fan
Nuno wins one mor elegant game in his first 10 and he has outdone Poch

Levy will be talking to potential options agents at the moment.

No chance we can find a better manager (who wants to come). Unfortunately we are stuck with what we have, Levy is not going to go through another manager search just yet, he is still burnt from the last one. Well I hope not, cause I couldnt face all that again. Better to give it till xmas and back someone with some transfer money. Who knows though maybe Nuno can turn us around, a good performance in the tractor cup, a win (highly unlikely) against Villa and we will all be saying well done Nuno.

No chance we can find a better manager (who wants to come). Unfortunately we are stuck with what we have, Levy is not going to go through another manager search just yet, he is still burnt from the last one. Well I hope not, cause I couldnt face all that again. Better to give it till xmas and back someone with some transfer money. Who knows though maybe Nuno can turn us around, a good performance in the tractor cup, a win (highly unlikely) against Villa and we will all be saying well done Nuno.

Don’t think it matters, Levy has shown in the past he’s happy to put a caretaker in, Mason till end of the season.

I don’t agree with Nuno going, but I think Levy will already be sounding out agents.

I think it might take 2-3 more games. But if we get to 5 or 6 consecutive defeats, then I think its on the cards (cup games wont keep him or sink him)

ta for the info
I would have thought it was far higher

I’m just not keen on our current style or lack there of!
As I’ve said before fans have short memory’s
Unfortunately for me I have a great memory which helps me with work but is a bit brick when trying to forget things…
I’ve actually heard people say you knew straight away with Poch how we were gonna play. I call flimflam on that as he had to change the team quite a bit to get the players engaged.
It all takes time
It all takes some patience
Things that are in short supply I’m afraid

As I’ve said before fans have short memory’s
Unfortunately for me I have a great memory which helps me with work but is a bit brick when trying to forget things…
I’ve actually heard people say you knew straight away with Poch how we were gonna play. I call flimflam on that as he had to change the team quite a bit to get the players engaged.
It all takes time
It all takes some patience
Things that are in short supply I’m afraid
I’d say that we got an idea of how Poch wanted to play with his team at Southampton and the hope was he’d get that style with us.

Nuno’s problem is we know how he played at Wolves and it wasn’t pretty, the thought of that being as good as it gets is a worry.

Back