• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Woolwich tossers

there was no midfield for any of the goals
First goal dele was tracking him and then let him go so it was a repeat of the goal from last season. Dele by then though by then had already done more than bale did last season

second and third we’re pure counters but not many passes either. They just ran with the ball uncontested
Not true. Dele was up high trying to get up near to Kane so that he could get on the flick on (I think part of our poor long ball tactics). Ndombele was wide left. As soon as Hojbjerg got easily beaten Arsenal had a 4 on 4. This was all happening directly in front of Hojbjerg who could see the 4 on 4, yet instead of sprinting back to try to even up the numbers, he just casually jogged back. As he got beaten he was actually ahead of their goal scorer, Smith-Rowe. Just an ounce of effort and we could've had the centre of the box shored up so that we couldn't conceded to a simple ball towards the penalty spot.

At some point Dele realises that Hojbjerg can't be bothered to do anything about Arsenal's attack and sees (I think it is) Odegaard free in the box so makes a sprint to try to ensure Arsenal do not have a free player in the box. Even Ndombele got himself further back than Hojbjerg did for that goal. Make no mistake it was disgraceful, lazy play from the player who is supposed to be our deepest midfielder. Hojbjerg is either injured or wants Nuno to be sacked IMO.

Second goal. Hojbjerg up higher on the pitch than both Dele and Ndombele? Why?!?.... It makes no sense at all. It then creates a ridiculous chasm of space in the middle of the pitch in front of our centre backs. All Arsenal then have to do if they win the ball is play a simple ball into feet to their centre forward and we're in big trouble. A ball that just wouldn't be on if we had a player covering that position.

Third goal. Kane falls over on the ball and Arsenal break. As Odegaard looks to take the ball back towards his own goal Hojbjerg has to then drop off to ensure Arsenal don't have an overload on us. Instead of that he steps up with him leaving an absolute chasm of space in front of our two centre backs. He actually pretty much crashes into Ndombele as he follows the ball. Arsenal end up easily working a 3 on 2 against our 2 central defenders who have no real chance.

Unfortunately the player who is supposed to be the most defensive of our midfield 3 and who should be ensuring that teams cannot get through the centre against us is phoning it in at the moment. This is making it impossible for our centre backs who are getting outnumbered and left with a player running at them centrally.

Were there ANY positives to be drwan from yesterday's game? Please only respond if you have any (i assume most will default to an answer of 'no')

Were there ANY positives to be drwan from yesterday's game? Please only respond if you have any (i assume most will default to an answer of 'no')
Moura was decent and kept on having a go
Gil was good when he came on along with skipp
Nuno must surely know now he cannot okay this system with these players

The bits i saw of the second half Moura was indeed good. He was the only one that seemed to try to progress the ball forward through the middle. I remember when we'd be able to do that at will with Eriksen etc...sigh..the importance of a solid base in CM for players ahead to feel confident of working from can't be understated..the fear of losing the ball and then being subject to a counter-attack has often killed us since about Summer 2018 and has gotten worse

I thought Royal was pretty good as well.... Though I think it is difficult to judge really as Arsenal clearly settled for what they had after 3 goals and stopped committing men to their attack.

Last edited:
Day after the match - still in pain here. Random tears drop from my eyes. No food tastes good and I am avoiding social media. I can't even push myself to bury my emotions in games. C'est la vie.

Day after the match - still in pain here. Random tears drop from my eyes. No food tastes good and I am avoiding social media. I can't even push myself to bury my emotions in games. C'est la vie.

I feel your pain....strangely, hardly any of the Gooners i know have gloated or posted any messages as would normally be the case...:confused:
Anyone else had this?

Its not the defense its the midfield. So badly caught out of position time and again they can run at us at will. When we go forward it is so slow and laboured they have all the time in the world to drop into their 2 banks of 4 and we dont look like we could unlock them any time
all of them have figured this out, we don't transition quickly and Skipp is now key for our defense-he goes missing we go all porous

The biggest thing for me was individual and team confidence. We need togetherness. Comrade. A feeling they can go out there and fight and beat them.

At the critical moments in the first half we gave up possession and didn’t fight hard enough to protect our goal while we adjusted. Still early days and lots of players who need to feel part of the team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Both Hojberg and lo celso can't cover ground like say kante. When the defence stays deep they can't help support the attack, the midfield isn't "elastic" enough
Or run. He is a decent enough holding midfielder.... The problem at the moment is that he is not holding the midfield but getting caught high up the pitch. I'm not sure whether this is the manager's poor tactics or the player not carrying out the manager's tactics... Hojbjerg being left on the pitch makes me think it must be the former.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back