• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Its a nice problem to have. With the right coach he could be a success in any of those positions within a system. And Nuno has had success establishing younger players, so...fingers crossed.?
Yeah I just need to know say I can know whether to call him the new Modric or the new Messi :D

The decision may come from whether he can score from outside the box cutting in on his left?

Reminded me David silva last night, some lovely intelligent passing.

agreed in the way he passes the ball, though I would play Gil further forward generally than Silva.

I think Gil's pace and dribbling abilities make him ideal for one of hte wide roles in our 4-3-3

We should then start playing GLC in midfield (ie his actual position) rather than further forward

I think that by the end of the season he will be our first choice RWF. If we ever go back to a 4-2-3-1 then he could end up as the number 10 in the centre of the 3.

Where do we see him playing in the longer term. He was pretty much a left winger at his old team, but that area is owned by Son. Seems to have the potential to be a number 8 but we also lack a genuine goal threat or craft from RWF?
agreed in the way he passes the ball, though I would play Gil further forward generally than Silva.

I think Gil's pace and dribbling abilities make him ideal for one of hte wide roles in our 4-3-3

We should then start playing GLC in midfield (ie his actual position) rather than further forward
I'd love to see Gil grab the RWF position. He has the game for it I believe and he suits the position far more than the shoehorned in GLC. Either there or possibly in the 10 if his passing and vision prove up to that role which I believe is possible. But RWF is a bigger problem for us currently and I would prefer seeing if he can fix that for us.

Lo Celso is getting the Gelson Fernandes treatment. He's just being told to play wherever and will never be able to settle. Since he joined there has only ever been about 1, month long period where he was starting in CM regularly and was really able to start showing some top form.

Would love to see Gil play regularly but like mentioned above, He might have to play a bit on the right side to get games with Son fit.

Lo Celso is getting the Gelson Fernandes treatment. He's just being told to play wherever and will never be able to settle. Since he joined there has only ever been about 1, month long period where he was starting in CM regularly and was really able to start showing some top form.

Would love to see Gil play regularly but like mentioned above, He might have to play a bit on the right side to get games with Son fit.

That's a good point. There was a period before the first lockdown where we were in the absolute brick but Gio was shining in CM. I recall at one stage, Mourinho said that he wouldn't trade GLC for any player in the world. Now that's obviously a lot of hyperbole but Jose doesn't say things like that without a grain of truth. Sadly, he's not had a proper chance in CM since.

He's not quick enough or creative enough to play the role he's being asked to play at the moment.

That's a good point. There was a period before the first lockdown where we were in the absolute brick but Gio was shining in CM. I recall at one stage, Mourinho said that he wouldn't trade GLC for any player in the world. Now that's obviously a lot of hyperbole but Jose doesn't say things like that without a grain of truth. Sadly, he's not had a proper chance in CM since.

He's not quick enough or creative enough to play the role he's being asked to play at the moment.
He is a really poor right wing forward
He is (IMO) a very good creative CM
It’s exactly where he played at Betis and where he plays for Argentina (they have Martinez and normally Di Maria flanking messi)

I'd love to see Gil grab the RWF position. He has the game for it I believe and he suits the position far more than the shoehorned in GLC. Either there or possibly in the 10 if his passing and vision prove up to that role which I believe is possible. But RWF is a bigger problem for us currently and I would prefer seeing if he can fix that for us.
It’s the biggest issue in the squad today
We have Moura who plays there
Bergwein will buy plays mainly in the left, same as sonny
Gil is left footed but much more dynamic wide than we have seen from Gio
In our current predicament he should be govern a chance there

With his attitude and skill I'd play him anywhere and all the time. He will adapt and find a way to play around Son or cut on from the right to shoot. Has a good strike for a scrawny kid.

Watching him gives me the feeling of watching Ginola as a kid. Like something surprising is going to happen. Our next 100m player.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Impressed with his short appearance yesterday but then it wasn’t hard to stand out in a Spurs shirt yesterday

Back