• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Believe levy was so keen to get boxing in he struck a “great deal” for Eddie herne
What that means in reality…. Who knows
Even if Levy gave the fight away for nothing that was great exposure. It's sure to drum up interest in sponsorship. Every interview that I've seen the ground was mentioned.
The ground looked amazing with loads of shots from outside showing it. It really showed that it is one of the best venues in the world for any event and hopefully we'll get many more
as a result of this.

Even if Levy gave the fight away for nothing that was great exposure. It's sure to drum up interest in sponsorship. Every interview that I've seen the ground was mentioned.
The ground looked amazing with loads of shots from outside showing it. It really showed that it is one of the best venues in the world for any event and hopefully we'll get many more
as a result of this.
Agreed, it is hard to imagine anything better for 70k people to watch a boxing match, I mean what more could they do?!
Absolutely enormous screens everywhere.
We drop the floor down (by removing the grass) so literally everyone has a great view.
Massive fireworks going off, pyrotechnics at floor level and on the roof, huge light show, absolutely top notch venue. Brilliant.

Agreed, it is hard to imagine anything better for 70k people to watch a boxing match, I mean what more could they do?!
Absolutely enormous screens everywhere.
We drop the floor down (by removing the grass) so literally everyone has a great view.
Massive fireworks going off, pyrotechnics at floor level and on the roof, huge light show, absolutely top notch venue. Brilliant.
And Joshua had the home dressing room, so the place was plastered in our logo every time the cameras cut to him.

So if Levy said very clearly that the costs of building the stadium was not mixed up with the football side of things, what about the revenue from non-football events?

I was in one of the East Stand hospitality areas (242) everything was pretty simple, food and drink wise, view was brilliant as well
Not enough Gents toilets for the amount of blokes though
Yeah, if you're in a stand, you wouldn't expect it to be any different to a match. My mate was one back from ringside, hospitality in Lilywhite House etc. Said it was a nightmare. I guess that's because you're in the middle of the pitch.

Doesn’t bode well for music events held when you will have more people standing on the pitch than was seated for the boxing.

Yeah, if you're in a stand, you wouldn't expect it to be any different to a match. My mate was one back from ringside, hospitality in Lilywhite House etc. Said it was a nightmare. I guess that's because you're in the middle of the pitch.
I suppose they will learn from it Spurs, 1st non football/NFL event

I think having away fans at the opposite end to our South stand affects the atmosphere.

Our main singing and noise comes from the Park Lane and even when opposition fans sing it never sounds that loud listening from the PL and rarely can you hear what they are actually chanting. As such the back and forth between rival fans doesn't really get going and boost the atmosphere like it did when their fans were next to our PL contingent in the old stadium.

I get that safety measures play a part but it does dampen down the atmos somewhat.

I think having away fans at the opposite end to our South stand affects the atmosphere.

Our main singing and noise comes from the Park Lane and even when opposition fans sing it never sounds that loud listening from the PL and rarely can you hear what they are actually chanting. As such the back and forth between rival fans doesn't really get going and boost the atmosphere like it did when their fans were next to our PL contingent in the old stadium.

I get that safety measures play a part but it does dampen down the atmos somewhat.

Think we missed all the tricks of great sportsmanship ...

The away fans should have been tucked in the corner far and away from the pitch.

The away dressing room should have been the longest walk to the pitch possible.

The players running onto the pitch should have been positioned in the corner of the south stand and the east stand.

Back