• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Dele plays off the cuff, well that is when he is at his best, he is instinctive. The problem is, that none of that, none of the flicks and tricks have been coming of for such a long time now.

Again when is he ever gonna get a run in a team playing in the same position?

Started the season on the left of a midfield 3 and was doing well there.
Injuries meant that he was moved into the front three.
Now with Ndombele coming into the team he is playing on the right of the midfield 3.

His downturn under Poch happened when Poch started shifting himm into a midfield diamond and then back upfront when Son or Kane got injured.
Mourinho did the same thing started out with him as a 10 and then moved him into a midfield 3 against Chelsea and it went downhill from there.

Last edited:
Again when is he ever gonna get a run in a team playing in the same position?

Started the season on the left of a midfield 3 and was doing well there.
Injuries meant that he was moved into the front three.
Now with Ndombele coming into the team he is playing on the right of the midfield 3.

His downturn under Poch happened when Poch started shifting from into a midfield diamond and then back upfront when Son or Kane got injured.
Mourinho did the same thing started out with him as a 10 and then moved him in a midfield 3 against Chelsea and it went downhill from there.
Can’t argue with that at all
But it won’t change until we change system

It's a catch-22 situation for him. The current system doesn't play on his strengths, so he looks poor. He hasn't shown enough to give the manager a reason to build the team around him. If the team was doing better, there wouldn't be a reason to change the system.

He may get one chance if/when Santo tries something desperate once he's on the verge of getting the sack but it will be too late. What confidence does he have left? He's damaged goods at this point and Levy made a terrible decision if he really vetoed his transfer, as was rumored last season.

Got into good positions when we attacked. Unable to do his thing with the ball when he got it and didn't get it often enough to get more chances because we spent most of the half defending.

Rightly subbed, but that wasn't on him alone.

It's a catch-22 situation for him. The current system doesn't play on his strengths, so he looks poor. He hasn't shown enough to give the manager a reason to build the team around him. If the team was doing better, there wouldn't be a reason to change the system.

He may get one chance if/when Santo tries something desperate once he's on the verge of getting the sack but it will be too late. What confidence does he have left? He's damaged goods at this point and Levy made a terrible decision if he really vetoed his transfer, as was rumored last season.
I’d say that Nuno is probably on the verge now…. Lose the next two and I think the chairman would pull the trigger. We’ll then waste another portion of our inadequate transfer budget sacking another manager who wasn’t given the tools they asked for.

He won’t IMO turn it around playing CM in thsi set up

He won't turn it around it any set up.

Even if he is being played out of position he should still be able to do the basics right. You know...pass, move, control a football. He is so slow in possession and turns like a barge.

Stop! Hammer time I know but it staggers me how many still defend and make excuses for him. Whatever he had before, it has long gone. Sure, you may get an occasional flash here and there but that's it. He's not the first to peak early and he won't be the last, it happens.

I would argue that Sissoko has contributed more for Spurs than him in the last 3 years and practically everyone's agrees that he was brick.

He won't turn it around it any set up.

Even if he is being played out of position he should still be able to do the basics right. You know...pass, move, control a football. He is so slow in possession and turns like a barge.

Stop! Hammer time I know but it staggers me how many still defend and make excuses for him. Whatever he had before, it has long gone. Sure, you may get an occasional flash here and there but that's it. He's not the first to peak early and he won't be the last, it happens.

I would argue that Sissoko has contributed more for Spurs than him in the last 3 years and practically everyone's agrees that he was brick.

Must admit that i agree with this, we have tried him over the last couple of seasons in different posistions and got nowhere near the performances we need, time to accept that and move him on.

Back