• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I am torn on the issue. There is a side of me that thinks Gil Son Moura would be a great front three, but Kane is the best striker in the world when he is available, so a tough one...

I personally think play Gil Son Moura to let Kane have some time to refocus.

It's possible just a couple games on the bench and he'd be fired up again.

I am torn on the issue. There is a side of me that thinks Gil Son Moura would be a great front three, but Kane is the best striker in the world when he is available, so a tough one...

That might work if you're playing on the break. We need to be attacking teams and trying to win, not sitting back and then hoping to nick a goal

Nuno's whole philosophy is wrong for a club which wants to be in the top few positons. At Wolves it might work

I’d try that front three for two or three PL games and play Harry in the EL. He needs a serious kick up the arse and that might do it.

That might work if you're playing on the break. We need to be attacking teams and trying to win, not sitting back and then hoping to nick a goal

Nuno's whole philosophy is wrong for a club which wants to be in the top few positons. At Wolves it might work
I know I’ve said this loads but his Wolves philosophy is not the same one he had at other clubs.
He didn’t play 4-3-3 at Wolves either for most of his time. I’m not sure why he is doing it here TBH
He doesn’t have a philosophy IMO. He deals with the hand he has and tries to make it work. At Wolves he had passers in midfield and fast attackers so he used that to counter with inverted wing backs
Here has a lack of attacking players so has gone for a compact set up.
at Valencia it was all out attack as they defended like we did today

That might work if you're playing on the break.

In a month time, once we're stuck in lower mid-table, it will be different. A draw against a Top10 side will be seen as a good result and he'll be free to play like we did earlier on. Having said that, you have to work with Kane on a daily basis in order to make a choice about him. If his heart's no longer in it, we can't afford to have him in the side. We're not good enough to carry him on. On the other hand, he's usually a slow starter and he's had a fairly busy summer so, who knows? In two months, he could be banging them in just in time to get a decent fee from City...

If I were Santo, I'd try to find someone in the squad who's close to Kane and see if I get some 'friendly advice' on his current state of mind. Easier said than done, though.

What message does it send to the likes of Moura and Bergwijn who played so well in the opening game that they have to make way for a man who tried to leave in the summer and clearly would rather not be there.

Its begining to look like he is taking the tinkle out of us and his team mates. We all know he has leans spells but he is not even putting the effort in.

Its begining to look like he is taking the tinkle out of us and his team mates. We all know he has leans spells but he is not even putting the effort in.

Is that really fair though? When he wants to get involved he often drops deep (e.g. his blocked tackle before Saka scored) and doesn't just stay up front. When he does stay up front he hardly gets opportunities like he would a couple of years ago or even last year.

He hasn't the legs he used to for constantly running up and down and tbh he should be able to just stay further forward at this stage of his career. There are issues with him and the fact he wanted to leave but it's a stretch to say he's taking the tinkle - see players like Dele and Ndombele for that (and even they could be argued to being hampered by our tactics)

Is that really fair though? When he wants to get involved he often drops deep (e.g. his blocked tackle before Saka scored) and doesn't just stay up front. When he does stay up front he hardly gets opportunities like he would a couple of years ago or even last year.

He hasn't the legs he used to for constantly running up and down and tbh he should be able to just stay further forward at this stage of his career. There are issues with him and the fact he wanted to leave but it's a stretch to say he's taking the tinkle - see players like Dele and Ndombele for that (and even they could be argued to being hampered by our tactics)

I do not disagree with you over Dele and Tanguy at all, but Kane ( even during his off spells in the past) looked like he cares but at the moment he is a shadow of himself and he is not doing it for the fans imo.

I do not disagree with you over Dele and Tanguy at all, but Kane ( even during his off spells in the past) looked like he cares but at the moment he is a shadow of himself and he is not doing it for the fans imo.

Yeah, he's definitely a shadow of himself....i have to say i am struggling to put much of the blame on him tbh

I didn't think Kane was that bad yesterday.... He had one of our only shots on target, should've had a penalty and also went through one on one (though I think he would've been given offside if he'd scored). He was also the one busting his gut trying to get back for the 3-0 goal.

Quite why Nuno thinks pumping long balls up to Harry Kane is a good tactic against Arsenal I have no idea. Then again we all know that we haven't exactly gone out and recruited ourselves a genius of a manager.

Yeah, he's definitely a shadow of himself....i have to say i am struggling to put much of the blame on him tbh

Kind of where I am too. People seem to forget that there's been many times in the past few years where he trudges around the pitch. The difference this time being we're not really attacking so whereas before he had chances so scored goals, he's not getting those chances now given our tactics. I still think that if start to play some sensible tactics, the goals would flow again

For Saka's goal yesterday he gave the ball away 30 yards from their goal but ran back to our own box. OK, his tackle then knocked the ball to Saka, but it was far from lazy

I agree he is not the one that is causing our problems ( Alli, Tanguy etc) are the main problems but he is not really helping for sure.
I still insist that Hojbjerg was the biggest problem yesterday. He was AWOL for all three Arsenal goals, high up the pitch leaving our centre backs massively exposed. Either the coach is a complete idiot or Hojbjerg is phoning it in at the moment. If the coach wants to persist with this weird 4-3-3 then the first thing he needs to do is drop Hojbjerg for Skipp otherwise every other team will expose the centre of our defence with balls into the centre of the pitch in front of our centre backs as Arsenal did yesterday.

I still insist that Hojbjerg was the biggest problem yesterday. He was AWOL for all three Arsenal goals, high up the pitch leaving our centre backs massively exposed. Either the coach is a complete idiot or Hojbjerg is phoning it in at the moment. If the coach wants to persist with this weird 4-3-3 then the first thing he needs to do is drop Hojbjerg for Skipp otherwise every other team will expose the centre of our defence with runs through central midfield as Arsenal did yesterday.

I can agree about Hojberg yesterday being poor but overall he has been a good player for us but has been run into the ground. Having the likes of Dele/ Tanguy around he is having to do more then his own job to cover for them. The sooner we stop trying to fit Dele and Tanguy into to our M/F and take some of the covering he has to do for them the better control we will have in that area.

I can agree about Hojberg yesterday being poor but overall he has been a good player for us but has been run into the ground. Having the likes of Dele/ Tanguy around he is having to do more then his own job to cover for them. The sooner we stop trying to fit Dele and Tanguy into to our M/F and take some of the covering he has to do for them the better control we will have in that area.

His job is kinda based on covering for the more attack minded CMs

Back