• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

I don't know why he didn't pit - he clearly would have caught Hamilton if Hamilton stayed out.

Bottas made it very clear he is not a teammate today - he pretty much waved Max through early in the race.
Hindsight is the only accurate science. At the time, I thought Norris did the right thing. Don't think anyone expected that much rain. With so few laps left, I thought he'd make it. The guy behind is alway the favourite in those situations. The guy in front can't risk pitting first.
He'd look a right ass if he pitted, Hamilton stayed out, and the conditions didn't get worse.

Hindsight is the only accurate science. At the time, I thought Norris did the right thing. Don't think anyone expected that much rain. With so few laps left, I thought he'd make it. The guy behind is alway the favourite in those situations. The guy in front can't risk pitting first.
He'd look a right ass if he pitted, Hamilton stayed out, and the conditions didn't get worse.
If the conditions hadn't got worse he'd still have caught Hamilton.

You're right that it's far harder in front, but the lap times had fallen so far it was almost risk free.

Difficult decision, we had similar choices to make when our cat use to knock the car off when my kids played with scalextric, whether to put cat out or put kit away.

Doesn't seem all that long ago I was watching Schumacher and thinking that I'd never see anyone get close in my lifetime.
There is a good docu on Netflix about Schuey Wuey

Back in the day it seemed like Schuey won every bleedin' race every bleedin' Championship every bleedin' year but as you can see below, when he got bored at Benetton and decided the finer challenge was to bring Ferrari back to the top, he missed out for 4 years in a row... just imagine if he had stayed at Benetton or gone to a better team!!

Hamilton too, won it and then took FIVE years off fannying around not winning the title... what a waster. Someone will surely come along soon and blow these records out of the water.
Someone young like Verstappen who stays on it instead of messing up for year after year after year after year, bloody losers. I can drive gud me.

94 Schumacher1
95 Schumacher2
00 Schumacher3
01 Schumacher4
02 Schumacher5
03 Schumacher6
04 Schumacher7
08 Hamilton1
14 Hamilton2
15 Hamilton3
17 Hamilton4
18 Hamilton5
19 Hamilton6
20 Hamilton7

There is a good docu on Netflix about Schuey Wuey

Back in the day it seemed like Schuey won every bleedin' race every bleedin' Championship every bleedin' year but as you can see below, when he got bored at Benetton and decided the finer challenge was to bring Ferrari back to the top, he missed out for 4 years in a row... just imagine if he had stayed at Benetton or gone to a better team!!

Hamilton too, won it and then took FIVE years off fannying around not winning the title... what a waster. Someone will surely come along soon and blow these records out of the water.
Someone young like Verstappen who stays on it instead of messing up for year after year after year after year, bloody losers. I can drive gud me.

94 Schumacher1
95 Schumacher2
00 Schumacher3
01 Schumacher4
02 Schumacher5
03 Schumacher6
04 Schumacher7
08 Hamilton1
14 Hamilton2
15 Hamilton3
17 Hamilton4
18 Hamilton5
19 Hamilton6
20 Hamilton7

Watched the doc, was good but only covered initial Ferrari win and that only happened in final 20mins. he obviously broke the record with Ferrari, so seemed a bit silly to leave all the other wins out i thought.

Have to say i do like the special livery Red Bull using this weekend

Anyone else think Mercedes got the strategy completely wrong yesterday?

I thought that by the time Hamilton had his second stop, a set of mediums would have lasted the race. That would have seen him easily pass Verstappen given the pace difference between them.

I thought that by the time Hamilton had his second stop, a set of mediums would have lasted the race. That would have seen him easily pass Verstappen given the pace difference between them.
First of all, Hamilton should have pitted immediately after Verstappen for the first pit stop. Regarding the mediums, they weren't really much quicker than the hard compound, and degraded pretty fast for others that used them late. Don't think it would have made any difference. Looked like Verstappen just conserved his tires late on. That allowed Hamilton to catch up. Once he was there, Verstappen had no problems holding the gap, and even pulling away in the last laps.

They have made a few mistakes this season.

First of all, Hamilton should have pitted immediately after Verstappen for the first pit stop. Regarding the mediums, they weren't really much quicker than the hard compound, and degraded pretty fast for others that used them late. Don't think it would have made any difference. Looked like Verstappen just conserved his tires late on. That allowed Hamilton to catch up. Once he was there, Verstappen had no problems holding the gap, and even pulling away in the last laps.
Given that Hamilton was around 0.5s faster on the same tyres, I think he'd have caught Verstappen well before any drop off. They'd have given him a better chance in the dirty air too.

With track position I'd have bet heavily on two results - Hamilton winning or Max taking them both out.

Given that Hamilton was around 0.5s faster on the same tyres, I think he'd have caught Verstappen well before any drop off. They'd have given him a better chance in the dirty air too.

With track position I'd have bet heavily on two results - Hamilton winning or Max taking them both out.
Maybe, maybe not. But with the teams having a whole host of people analysing thousands of data points, I'd argue that they probably are better suited to make the right decision than me and you. Fastest lap was set with hard tires IIRC.

Maybe, maybe not. But with the teams having a whole host of people analysing thousands of data points, I'd argue that they probably are better suited to make the right decision than me and you. Fastest lap was set with hard tires IIRC.
That's only because the fast teams were on hards when the fuel was low and the track rubbered in.

If the teams and their data are so good, how do they make so many errors? The data provide them with information but there are still people making the decisions - with Mercedes, often the wrong ones.

That's only because the fast teams were on hards when the fuel was low and the track rubbered in.

If the teams and their data are so good, how do they make so many errors? The data provide them with information but there are still people making the decisions - with Mercedes, often the wrong ones.
It is surprising how bad the calls are.
It is complex when watching it on TV, but it is hardly rocket science, there are a known number of variables and pit windows and rivals.

Sprint race was good to watch, Hamilton went from 20th to 5th but will be 10th tomorrow
One of the best drives I've ever seen.

Bottas needs to play the team game and not scamper off into the distance. If he does that we'll have the Hamilton/Verstappen battle the stewards robbed us of.

Back