• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Well i know that Tanguy has his fans but for me its Lo Celso that we need to see the best from, if that does happen we will be a much more progressive team.
Tanguy never played that creative role in France when I saw him
He always played CM
But the pace out there is much slower

Well i know that Tanguy has his fans but for me its Lo Celso that we need to see the best from, if that does happen we will be a much more progressive team.
Unless there are more extended periods missing because of internationals and quarantine Lo Celso is probably closer in terms of fitness and being able to do the defensive work consistently.

I think we need at least one of them on the pitch in the midfield three as often as possible. One replacing the other of need be for fitness reasons. Playing both later in games if we need goals.

I'm definitely one of the Ndombele fans though. I hope he gets more starts.
Tanguy never played that creative role in France when I saw him
He always played CM
But the pace out there is much slower
Depends what you mean by creative.

If creativity = end product, being in the final third, assists and such, sure.

It's certainly possible to be creative in CM, with and without assists. But that's a different way to use the word creative, one I personally prefer, but that's not really the point.

Unless there are more extended periods missing because of internationals and quarantine Lo Celso is probably closer in terms of fitness and being able to do the defensive work consistently.

I think we need at least one of them on the pitch in the midfield three as often as possible. One replacing the other of need be for fitness reasons. Playing both later in games if we need goals.

I'm definitely one of the Ndombele fans though. I hope he gets more starts.Depends what you mean by creative.

If creativity = end product, being in the final third, assists and such, sure.

It's certainly possible to be creative in CM, with and without assists. But that's a different way to use the word creative, one I personally prefer, but that's not really the point.
We were talking about playing as a 10, the Eriksen role
Tanguy never played that role anywhere before joining us

and I do agree we need one of them on the pitch

what we don’t need though is Lo Celso being asked to play wide right… odd

and dele playing inside left… odd

neither player looked comfortable playing in those roles

I don't know what favour as Gil and Dele would be better options there.
I agree. I know Nuno probably likes to keep things as settled as possible, so keeps Dele as he is (especially after Palace, but that was probably more Winks not stepping up) and Gil is young, but it really is not helping Gio.

I think he should have swapped Dele and Gio around in the second half yesterday as an experiment, especially as the game was starting to slip away.

That said, Gil looks a player, so within a month or two he might be the solution?

We are doing Lo Celso no favours playing him at RWF.

Perhaps he's doing Nuno a favour filling in there?

Looks to me like nuno has a system and will play it regardless.
With son, moura and Bergwijn out he is putting very square pegs in extremely round holes.
Long term it may work, maybe lo celso will appreciate and understand the role a wf plays.

Looks to me like nuno has a system and will play it regardless.
With son, moura and Bergwijn out he is putting very square pegs in extremely round holes.
Long term it may work, maybe lo celso will appreciate and understand the role a wf plays.
I don't think GLC lacks understanding of what is required from the position but I just think it doesn't suit his attributes.

In reality he's being played there because he has a left foot and can dribble a bit, but he's a CM and a central AM at a push. He's competition and rotation for Ndombele assuming there's only space for one of them.

If we are going to continue playing him high up the pitch I wouldn't be against the idea of moving him on and getting a more suitable player in his stead. [emoji848]

I don't think GLC lacks understanding of what is required from the position but I just think it doesn't suit his attributes.

In reality he's being played there because he has a left foot and can dribble a bit, but he's a CM and a central AM at a push. He's competition and rotation for Ndombele assuming there's only space for one of them.

If we are going to continue playing him high up the pitch I wouldn't be against the idea of moving him on and getting a more suitable player in his stead. [emoji848]

I don't think we will continue to play him there, once moura and Bergwijn are available glc will be replaced.

We are doing Lo Celso no favours playing him at RWF.

Perhaps he's doing Nuno a favour filling in there?

This, he needs to play through the middle to get the best out of him. Lets hope that over the next few games Nuno will start to see what players are going to be ist picks going forward.

I think this sums the situation spot on, maybe Nuno is still undecided on what players are going to be first choice and giving everyone the chance to see what they offer. I still believe that there is a very good player in Lo Celso.

Lo Celso, Dele, Gil are all slightly odd positionally i.e. not really midfielders, not really forwards.
Perhaps this is the masterplan, some strange formation where we need a load of that type of player.
(Would have said Ndombele but he seems to be very strange i.e. at the base of midfield AND scoring goals AND not great defensively AND should be more forwards but also great at the deep role breaking the lines whatever that position is...)

This, he needs to play through the middle to get the best out of him. Lets hope that over the next few games Nuno will start to see what players are going to be ist picks going forward.
He's played there because of injuries, no? Gil the only other option against Chelsea, and not sticking a 20 year old Gil on for his first PL start in that game I can understand.

Against Wolves it was Gil and GLC, with Son rested from the start and Lucas + Bergwijn out.
Lo Celso, Dele, Gil are all slightly odd positionally i.e. not really midfielders, not really forwards.
Perhaps this is the masterplan, some strange formation where we need a load of that type of player.
(Would have said Ndombele but he seems to be very strange i.e. at the base of midfield AND scoring goals AND not great defensively AND should be more forwards but also great at the deep role breaking the lines whatever that position is...)
Disagree on Gil. He's shown himself capable of doing well in several roles. He can be both, but time will show.

Alli, see the Alli thread. But yeah, a midfielder he is. Or an attacker. But now a midfielder, but a rather specific and somewhat unusual role for a midfielder.

GLC, let's see. I think he is a midfielder, capable of playing further forward too. But a right sided attacking role without an attacking full back providing width is far from his best role. And that's why he's only filling in there and won't play there when we have Lucas and/or Bergwijn back.

He's played there because of injuries, no? Gil the only other option against Chelsea, and not sticking a 20 year old Gil on for his first PL start in that game I can understand.

I do agree that the injurys we have have restricted players posistions to a point, as you say he may have been asked to fill in there until some of the injurys clear up. I hope we see him in his best posistion ( free of injurys) before long.

I think this sums the situation spot on, maybe Nuno is still undecided on what players are going to be first choice and giving everyone the chance to see what they offer. I still believe that there is a very good player in Lo Celso.

Considering how little time Nuno has had with the entire team, you can understand why he's not yet settled on preferred players or tactics.
The SOuth American absences and the international break have delayed his settling in a fair bit.

Back