• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs clams***

I would go for 4-2-3-1 permanently. It's the only formation I see that can fit our players into round holes....
Agree. Think it gives us more workable options.
The holding two can be any of Højbjerg, Skipp, Locelso, Ndombele, Winks and the front 3 can be any of Lucas, Bergwijn, Dele, Son, Ndombele, Gil, (Sessegnon)

I don't think that is fair... he came up with an excellent game plan first half - first time Chelsea were rattled - and it's not his fault that we did not convert one of the decent changes we had.

It is also not his fault that Alli was asleep for Silva's goal or that the team spinelessly downed tools when the second went in.

Do you honestly think if it were the other way round, Tuchel would make anything better from the worst squad we have had in recent years???

We’ve been rubbish for quite a while now, in decline long before Nuno arrived. I would definitely trust Tuchel to turn things around more than I trust Nuno though.

It was a midfield three. There were several times when the switch to the right was on, Ndombele moved to the right to be in position to be there when we could just switch play, but we couldn't. Because we're apparently not trying to move the ball quickly from one side to the other.

Reguilon was clearly frustrated with Dier after he instead of completing the switch to the left where Reguilon was available, he just played the ball back to the other side.

Our buildup play is just so poor.
Tanguy was standing alongside royal
Really odd place to go
He could be 10 yards inwards and have an impact

Take the positives. We were the better team first half, and actually looked dangerous the first 25-30.

But our 'midfield' is too easily quelled. Its not the midfield players exactly, its how we play out from the back, how everyone in the side passes and moves. The biggest failing with our midfield is conviction, from all the team. The movement is going through the motion rather than believing they'll get the ball. The passes often lack conviction - speed and belief we'll unlock the opposition. And with Ndombele off, we don't have a player in the middle who backs himself to find a yard of space.

We had chances first half. Son could have opened the scoring. Regulion should have setup LeCelco for a tap in. Second half we had nothing. In hindsight it was obvious Chel$ea would come out and react to being outplayed. We needed to play even better second half. We needed to raise our game. And we needed Nuno to react to their substitution and bolster our midfield, maybe dropping LeCelco deeper. While we have the first half performance to build upon, I'm still gutted because playing close to our best we didn't manage to score. And the gap between chel$ea's oil-rich squad and ours is massive.

PL fans need some kind of tinkle-take oil crook song, to expose the warped nature of the league. Two clubs have tar on their hands and all over their squads. Both owned by interests who wouldn't meet the current fit and proper persons criteria, and they skew an otherwise highly competitive league. The one silver lining? At least pool don't get to walk away with the league!

Take the positives. We were the better team first half, and actually looked dangerous the first 25-30.

But our 'midfield' is too easily quelled. Its not the midfield players exactly, its how we play out from the back, how everyone in the side passes and moves. The biggest failing with our midfield is conviction, from all the team. The movement is going through the motion rather than believing they'll get the ball. The passes often lack conviction - speed and belief we'll unlock the opposition. And with Ndombele off, we don't have a player in the middle who backs himself to find a yard of space.

We had chances first half. Son could have opened the scoring. Regulion should have setup LeCelco for a tap in. Second half we had nothing. In hindsight it was obvious Chel$ea would come out and react to being outplayed. We needed to play even better second half. We needed to raise our game. And we needed Nuno to react to their substitution and bolster our midfield, maybe dropping LeCelco deeper. While we have the first half performance to build upon, I'm still gutted because playing close to our best we didn't manage to score. And the gap between chel$ea's oil-rich squad and ours is massive.

PL fans need some kind of tinkle-take oil crook song, to expose the warped nature of the league. Two clubs have tar on their hands and all over their squads. Both owned by interests who wouldn't meet the current fit and proper persons criteria, and they skew an otherwise highly competitive league. The one silver lining? At least pool don't get to walk away with the league!

amazes me how Tanguy can be involved in the ball almost constantly first half and then disappear second

Nothing would surprise me
He went down injured and I couldn’t make out what it was
After that … he disappeared

He ran out of gas after 35 mins, I said so at the time. During that time he was great, but he’s also not match fit and didn’t do a good job of managing his energy levels.

I think it was quite telling that around the 35 minute mark Chelsea came back into the game, because up until that then our midfield was dominating.

He ran out of gas after 35 mins, I said so at the time. During that time he was great, but he’s also not match fit and didn’t do a good job of managing his energy levels.

I think it was quite telling that around the 35 minute mark Chelsea came back into the game, because up until that then our midfield was dominating.
That’s how I saw it
But I wasnt sure it was his fitness
Maybe I was wrong :(:(

Tanguy was standing alongside royal
Really odd place to go
He could be 10 yards inwards and have an impact

You're right, and it was very strange. He kept running right out to the touchline, and he did it too often for it to just be spontaneous movement. Wonder what the plan was there.

You're right, and it was very strange. He kept running right out to the touchline, and he did it too often for it to just be spontaneous movement. Wonder what the plan was there.
He did it last year too
I think he was complaining he was being made to sweat

Just re-watched the game. Good first half but I was disappointed that we didn't test Keppa more, he looked quite shaky and indecisive at times. I knew we'd rue not scoring and that things would be different second half, and so it was.
Positives - it was good to see the attacking line-up and us starting off on the front foot - not what I was expecting at all, at least we now know Nuno has that in his game plan. That set up and attitude will win us games against teams that aren't Chelsea. Romero looked assured and Dier played well alongside him (great block off the line with his waist. Shame about the deflection for their second goal). A few good reaction saves from Lloris. Ndombele was exciting for half an hour. I think he's a player who needs to be loved - he reacts well to the crowd reacting well to him. I think I like Royal but not too sure just yet. Reggie a little worrying at times, and he should really have done better with the ball into Lo Celso. Dele did OK, and Son had some promising runs but little that really threatened.
Second half we were out-tacticked and lacked drive and energy. But what was most worrying is that there was not one player who looked to take charge, to make something happen, who looked like it mattered. Their second goal was fortuitous but not necessarily the end of the world but it finished us off. There was no fight in us and that is concerning.
But take that first half to Woolwich next week, and who knows.....

Unlucky on Dier, but man talk about a game of two halves. Just hoping this game goes like preseason now.
what, tuchel changes half his the team with youngsters after going 2-0 up? i'm being flippant, but this is the real thing - we started amazingly well but couldn't adjust to their changes and were chasing them all second half, only ever saw their dust and barely got a kick in on goal. Individual mistakes shown up with their movement so that our players got caught out and couldn't respond, our decision making is questionable at times

We’ll regret not selling Kane - the worse we get, the worse he’ll play, the worse his on sell value.

Levy is writing his own tragedy right now, sacking poch, losing eriksen and not signing Grealish, now not letting Kane go … things are getting worse before they get better.

(In my humble opinion of course, will be glad to be proven wrong …)

Two things from this match is that they are better than us in every position on the pitch unfortunately. And their manager can see its not working and changes it at half time and ours waits until we are 2-0 down and then makes the wrong changes. If it stays at 2-0 I will be amazed.

The wrong changes.
Could you tell me what the right changes would’ve been given the options available?

Back