• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jon Moss - Attention Seeking ****er

Violent conduct is a red card offence according to Law 12. Perhaps you don't feel placing hands around someone's neck 'violent conduct'? Those hands were not raised 'to the neck' they were placed on it. He also tried an instant upper cut the second after the foul was committed. Japhet was naive; he should not have held Zaha to stop him going further...there was still a red card offence missed by Moss, and had VAR been used, he'd have gone.

The second yellow was a foolish challenge in that it happened right in front of Moss, but he didn't take out Ayew, he adjusted to avoid that action and Ayew made sure his trailing foot made contact and then went rollabout, having read both the temperature and Moss perfectly. It was easier to rise to the moment and give the second yellow, but a brave ref would've realized Ayew was brickhousing the moment. Can we complain? Yes. Does Japhet make his now position harder by going to ground in front of an incompetent ref? Absolutely. Frankly, we needed Eric Dier to Marshall Japhet through those minutes...

I find it strange when people react to a different perspective of a situation with the 'Spurs tinted glasses' cliche. Anyway...

VAR is being constantly checked mate. You say 'had VAR been used' but VAR would've been used and the VAR officials decided, just as the referee did, that Zaha did not commit a red card offence. The second yellow was a standard yellow card tackle. We would've all been fuming if the situation was reversed and the opposition's player had stayed on the pitch.

I know we all want to blame the referee when we don't get the result that we want but we were the architects of our own downfall at the weekend, not John Moss who I think is a poor referee but unfortunately one who got the big decisions right at the weekend.

VAR is being constantly checked mate. You say 'had VAR been used' but VAR would've been used and the VAR officials decided, just as the referee did, that Zaha did not commit a red card offence. The second yellow was a standard yellow card tackle. We would've all been fuming if the situation was reversed and the opposition's player had stayed on the pitch.

I know we all want to blame the referee when we don't get the result that we want but we were the architects of our own downfall at the weekend, not John Moss who I think is a poor referee but unfortunately one who got the big decisions right at the weekend.
Var was used
Then confirmed it on tv
The second yellow was 100% a yellow
The first yellow was 100% a yellow
Zaha could have been a red. They would rarely though tell a ref in that situation that he got it wrong if he advises he saw zaha swinging his arms like a baby. var is looking for clear and obvious errors. It was his judgement and it could have been a red but equally could have been a yellow which was given.
The frustrating thing for me was how did he miss the foul on Moura to start with…. I know how. He was in the centre circle where he stays the whole game as he isn’t fit enough

Var was used
Then confirmed it on tv
Zaha could have been a red. They would rarely though tell a ref in that situation that he got it wrong if he advises he saw zaha swinging his arms like a baby. var is looking for clear and obvious errors. It was his judgement and it could have been a red but equally could have been a yellow which was given.
The frustrating thing for me was how did he miss the foul on Moura to start with…. I know how. He was in the centre circle where he stays the whole game as he isn’t fit enough
Good summary of it IMO, I’ve no qualms at Japhet’s red and had the ref given Zaha a red then VAR wouldn’t have overturned it.

i personally think 2 yellows in that first incident was sufficient, but when you think what Son got sent off for vs Chelsea then it does leave a bitter taste!

I have not once blamed the referee for the result. That is conjecture on your part. I do take issue with Moss.

I believe he had a poor game. In fact, perhaps you could explain to me how the foul on Moura which led to the Zaha situation was not deemed a foul? Another example.

As for VAR, they got the Zaha thing wrong in my opinion.

Var was used
Then confirmed it on tv

It was his poor judgement yes.
And yes, missing that foul was poor.
As was us standing around waiting for Palace to boot it out; Palace had zero obligation. That is on the ref missing the foul and is standing around whinging.

I have not once blamed the referee for the result. That is conjecture on your part. I do take issue with Moss.

I believe he had a poor game. In fact, perhaps you could explain to me how the foul on Moura which led to the Zaha situation was not deemed a foul? Another example.

As for VAR, they got the Zaha thing wrong in my opinion.
That's good. We got what we deserved in that game in terms of the result. I think we should take the result on the chin and cease our woe is me and referee injustice tales. I remember an Arsenal blog a few years ago that detailed refereeing errors for/against them showing that they were terribly treated and should have loads more points. It was obviously a very Arsenal biaised view mostly ignoring when they were favoured by decisions and overplaying decisions against them (just as I think many on here have done with the Moss performance in the game at the weekend).

I wouldn't mind having a good look at the Moura foul again (anybody got a link?). I was at the game at the weekend and thought he was definitely fouled when watching live. I also thought that Moura was brought down just outside the area with it being a possible red card offence for the Palace player, but when I watched the highlights back of that incident it appeared to me that Moura threw himself to the floor after minimal contact of an arm coming across him. On second look that one looked It looked to me like one of those incidents that referees have been told to ignore now where they feel the player is making the most of contact instead of it being the contact that forces them down.

Steff has watched thousands of Spurs games, and in every single one he thinks the ref is biased against us and we were hard done by. What are the chances eh!?

That's good. We got what we deserved in that game in terms of the result. I think we should take the result on the chin and cease our woe is me and referee injustice tales. I remember an Arsenal blog a few years ago that detailed refereeing errors for/against them showing that they were terribly treated and should have loads more points. It was obviously a very Arsenal biaised view mostly ignoring when they were favoured by decisions and overplaying decisions against them (just as I think many on here have done with the Moss performance in the game at the weekend).

I wouldn't mind having a good look at the Moura foul again (anybody got a link?). I was at the game at the weekend and thought he was definitely fouled when watching live. I also thought that Moura was brought down just outside the area with it being a possible red card offence for the Palace player, but when I watched the highlights back of that incident it appeared to me that Moura threw himself to the floor after minimal contact of an arm coming across him. On second look that one looked It looked to me like one of those incidents that referees have been told to ignore now where they feel the player is making the most of contact instead of it being the contact that forces them down.

I think only a fool would say we didn't get what we deserved performance-wise.
Nuno had a bricky hand before KO and it got keystone during the match, however he still made a glaring selection error IMO by shifting Dele.
I still think Moss had a poor game overall, but that was an observation not an excuse. It will take a lot to convince me Zaha didn't get away with one there...

There is no short link unfortunately, only second half full highlights. Moura is clearly fouled, clearly, it could easily be seen as a stamp foul. I looked at the second yellow for Tanganga, and if that happens in the middle of the first-half of a normal match, not even a clear foul. He pulls out of the challenge, soles are to the turf and Ayew drags his trailing foot over Tanganga's legs and proceeds to roll three times as though sniggered. That was a yellow of the moment IMO. Was he silly to go to ground so close to the ref? I wouldn't argue. But Ayew bought it all day long...I will have to look for the Moura just outside the area one, at the time I didn't feel any other bad decisions were made?

Surprising we got him yesterday considering he also did the away game against Palace. At least his ineptitude went in our favour this time.

I'd love to see a map of his position in the game, he must have been knackered having to walk over to the far corner to send Zaha off, probably why he issued the red card. He was enjoying the game in the first half as Palace were taking breathers for him at dead ball situations.

Back