• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 21/22

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
E9u-SXzXoAAaluY

Watching Sevilla - RB Salzburg. Really good game. 4 penalties. One scored for each team, RB missed two! Red card for Sevilla (two yellows, 2nd one for the worst bit of simulation I've seen for some time).
Lamela comes on after the red card, and has completely changed the game! He's absolutely running the show now, and Sevilla are suddenly on the front foot, with 10 men!
Lamela has been just amazing since coming on. GHod I miss him!

Last edited:
That’s Lingard benched again for the next six months. Should have sold him to the Spam. :D

Watching Sevilla - RB Salzburg. Really good game. 4 penalties. One scored for each team, RB missed two! Red card for Sevilla (two yellows, 2nd one for the worst bit of simulation I've seen for some time).
Lamela comes on after the red card, and has completely changed the game! He's absolutely running the show now, and Sevilla are suddenly on the front foot, with 10 men!
Lamela has been just amazing since coming on. GHod I miss him!

Lamela biggest problem here was Eriksen.
We were built around Eriksen and kane, and were never going to change that. And nor should we have.
But they played totally different styles, and i don't think they played well together.
Always suspected that lamela would flourish away from us.

The bin dippers battering Milan for 40 mins, 2 attacks from Milan in 3 mins to go 2-1 up. Couldn't be better.

Lamela biggest problem here was Eriksen.
We were built around Eriksen and kane, and were never going to change that. And nor should we have.
But they played totally different styles, and i don't think they played well together.
Always suspected that lamela would flourish away from us.
I'd say that he lacked a natural position, according to his strengths, that fit in with us. He held on too long when we were set up for fast passing. He wasn't a natural playmaker, so he couldn't be interchanged with Eriksen. He lacked the mindset to be an effective winger, as he was too predictable - cut inside, run yourself into trouble and lose possession. When it worked it often looked spectacular though. A little like Alli. And he was injured way too much in his "formative years" to be coached into something useful at the time. So I at least struggled to find a proper position/role for him at Spurs. Didn't he even have a cameo as a makeshift striker? He needs a "Lamela" position, which I think is easier to find in continental football, or at least in a team with more movement than ours. Every time he was put in a position where I thought "ah, perhaps that's going to work", it just didn't to the extent I hoped. Which is sad really, he's got excellent technique, works hard and is cheeky. He had as few poor games as he had great ones. Best of luck to him.

I'd say that he lacked a natural position, according to his strengths, that fit in with us. He held on too long when we were set up for fast passing. He wasn't a natural playmaker, so he couldn't be interchanged with Eriksen. He lacked the mindset to be an effective winger, as he was too predictable - cut inside, run yourself into trouble and lose possession. When it worked it often looked spectacular though. A little like Alli. And he was injured way too much in his "formative years" to be coached into something useful at the time. So I at least struggled to find a proper position/role for him at Spurs. Didn't he even have a cameo as a makeshift striker? He needs a "Lamela" position, which I think is easier to find in continental football, or at least in a team with more movement than ours. Every time he was put in a position where I thought "ah, perhaps that's going to work", it just didn't to the extent I hoped. Which is sad really, he's got excellent technique, works hard and is cheeky. He had as few poor games as he had great ones. Best of luck to him.

Never been totally sold on the hangs onto the ball thing. Much like the one footed jibes.
When others in midfield get robbed of the ball or pass it back its because of lack if movement in front of them, something we are guilty of, but when its lamela or Moura its because they are greedy or "heads down" runners.

Never been totally sold on the hangs onto the ball thing. Much like the one footed jibes.
When others in midfield get robbed of the ball or pass it back its because of lack if movement in front of them, something we are guilty of, but when its lamela or Moura its because they are greedy or "heads down" runners.
Lack of movement is what kills us, it doesn't matter who we have distributing play if there are no unmarked receivers. I remember wildly hailing our sudden period of movement on here, think it was back in 16-17 or thereabouts. Then it just stopped. I think that probably coincides with the regression of players like Alli, but perhaps just as much to the benefit of "do-it-yourself" players like Son and to an extent Moura as you mention. When I see our entire attack line just standing there while the midfield pass amongst themselves it just infuriates me. Is that some kind of clever tactics, hoping to bore the defense into making mistates? Oh to have back the time where defenses were scared of Kane, where he dragged opposition out of the box and creating space just by moving. They're not anymore, because he's rarely present in the box. People making runs, wanting to have a proper go, and it looked like we had an actual plan. It was fun and exciting to watch, even if we lost.

Back