• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Crystal Palace ***

If Ndombele plays, he'll deliver. That ain't the problem. But he won't play under Nuno, unless he has any other options. I think Nuno looks down on any player that actually relies on skill and vision. He only wants stamina.
The only way he delivers is with delveroo dropping of his Maccie Ds

Name 10 other games were we got bullied by a lower table side for 90 minutes, and without us even having something remotely looking like a goal chance in 90 minutes. I'm waiting....
Brighton have done it to us
Sheffield United have done it too us too

Pretty sure our XG was higher than 0.08 in all 3 of those games mentioned above…. and those were under the anti football has-been Jose Mourinho. I was hoping we would’ve moved on from his small club, everyone behind the ball tactics.

Yesterday was terribly disappointing, but we lacked a lot of players, still early in the season - hopefully Nuno will learn quickly. Onwards and upwards, no point lingering with this crap match. We'll be back.

I don't like it when you're being much more rational than me. :D

Look fair points but I just don't think he's up to it. I'd hoped he'd be another Jol/Poch/Harry but he won't in my opinion. I'm not expecting top 4 because I think 4 clubs are miles ahead of us. Top 6 and hes doing well. 7th or 8th is below par for me and I think that's where we'll end up at best based on what I've seen so far.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but we take another beating like that next week and the natives will start getting restless.

Definitely doesn't happen often. ;) Personally, I also didn't expect him to be a Jol/Poch/Harry, just a good man and decent coach.

I think he's got a 6th place finish in him, which would make him an on-par coach - it's what I felt his Wolves team basically were, on-par for the players they had (which outclassed most promoted sides on account of Mendes' influence).

He'll do alright with what he has - will he be an earthshaking revelation? Probably not. But I think he'll end up doing a decent job with grace and dignity, which is in itself a definite improvement on the horrible git that preceded him.

As for whether we should be scraping around in 6th place instead of aiming higher - look, Levy set his stall out with the managerial search. It was clear we were looking for the cheapest option. So why get heated when the cheapest option delivers basically on-par results? You pays your money and you takes your choice - I'm resigned to it.

For me, all I want is for Nuno to play the yoof, attack more and comport himself well - be a role model for the young folks following the club. Anything more is a pleasant surprise. :)

Back