• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Crystal Palace ***

The mistake is though thinking that Xavi was just a recycler. Sure he could do that and did that a lot but he was a playmaker, he moved the opposition and his teammates around the pitch methodically until the opportunity to play the killer was there. Which either he did or any other number of high quality passers Barcelona possessed could.

Winks is nothing like Xavi. He's not press resistant, he has no vision, he has brick execution, he has no concept of pulling strings or setting tempo. He is a very basic player, pass left, then pass right. Meh!

I agree - the perception of how Xavi played is different from the reality, which is that in between 500 shuttling sideways passes were tons of defence-splitting balls that either led to goals or kept the opposition completely harried and hassled.

But Winks is like that, too - very, very occasionally, he'll pull a surprisingly good pass from his locker. He's like an ersatz Xavi - with about 1/100th of the talent and skill, admittedly, but flashes do show from time to time.

The only thing I'd take exception to was that Bayern game. I'll go to my grave saying that was a genuinely good performance from us - at least, as good as late-era Poch performances go.

The problem was literally every shot they had went in - they scored some ludicrously low xG shots that day, and I think we actually outscored them on xG overall. Some stats boffin remarked after the game that we could replay that game 100 times and Bayern would not have scored 7 once, that's how low a probability that was. And while I disagree with stats boffins in general, it met the eye test for how we played that day.

No arguing that we were atrocious from about January 2019, when our tired legs and stale/cheap squad finally began catching up with us, to when Poch was sacked at the end of the year. But that game...it irks me. :p
Attack wise we were great and should have scored a hatful
They murdered Aurier though
Just targeted him time and time again and killed him

We were setup to let them play in front of us, Hugo had a quiet game until the hour mark and he didn’t make a save of note that I recall.

Our xG is always low.
There's a difference between low and virtually non-existent!

Also, your first line says it all. Set up to let Crystal fudging Palace bully us...

If only we had someone of this quality to make his debut now...

I think this is the worst Spurs performance i've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty pathetic displays over the years. A 0-1 loss to wolves at WHL about 10 years ago springs to mind, but today was far worse imo. Even with a reduced squad we should at least try!!
Hell, my local team had 7 players from the starting XI out today, and started the game with 4 U-17 players, and only 3 on the bench, two of which were the coach (53 year old GK) and assistant coach (44 years old AM), and they faced the leage favorites. And they went out and fudging gave it a go and WON 2-1!
Didn't see any will to win from anyone today. It was a total brick show of the highest order.

I think this is the worst Spurs performance i've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty pathetic displays over the years. A 0-1 loss to wolves at WHL about 10 years ago springs to mind, but today was far worse imo. Even with a reduced squad we should at least try!!
Hell, my local team had 7 players from the starting XI out today, and started the game with 4 U-17 players, and only 3 on the bench, two of which were the coach (53 year old GK) and assistant coach (44 years old AM), and they faced the leage favorites. And they went out and fudging gave it a go and WON 2-1!
Didn't see any will to win from anyone today. It was a total brick show of the highest order.

hahaha .. either you are fudging senile, have Alzheimer's or really haven't seen a lot of Spurs games.

Bad game absolutely, worst game ever? .. thanks mate, you actually cheered me up after a brick performance.

That isn't even the worse performance in the last 12 months ... wouldn't make the fudging top 10 in the last decade ...

hahaha .. either you are fudging senile, have Alzheimer's or really haven't seen a lot of Spurs games.

Bad game absolutely, worst game ever? .. thanks mate, you actually cheered me up after a brick performance.

That isn't even the worse performance in the last 12 months ... wouldn't make the fudging top 10 in the last decade ...
I’m struggling to think of a worse one in the last year? 0.08 XG. That might even be an entire PL low.

A certain european game we lost to go out the competition last year? you really can't recall a worse Jose game? my memory is trying to save me the pain right now mate ..
In the Zagreb game (which I assume you’re talking about?) we had far more chances than today, which was a bit like watching a 3rd/4th level team try to hang on against a PL team in the cup.

I can’t remember who the opposition was, but I remember a game last season where we were so bad that even Sissoko looked lazy.

In the Zagreb game (which I assume you’re talking about?) we had far more chances than today, which was a bit like watching a 3rd/4th level team try to hang on against a PL team in the cup.

Except with Zagreb we were actually playing a 3rd/4th level team mate ...

Back